Welcome to the world of double standard. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welcome to the world of double standard.

Is it media hypocrisy that upsets you, or that of fans?

Why do ppl care what the media says? I know what I think, and am comfortable in my views. I don't need their reinforcement to support my thoughts.

While what you say here is truth, everyday life among the masses doesn’t work this way. Popular opinion is largely shaped by what is said all over various forms of media.

And sadly, I believe even some opinions are swayed among NFL owners, front offices and personnel.

Why do ppl care what the media says? I know what I think, and am comfortable in my views. I don't need their reinforcement to support my thoughts.
Because it drives the narrative and thoughts of every other NFL fan who doesn't follow Miami and really know the situation.

Which leads to NFL fans being incorrectly informed on Miami and constantly pushing the false info, bashing of the team, and smack talk.

I'm still reading and hearing non Miami fans bashing Tua or making smart arse comments about inaccuracy and turnovers.

I agree. The Patriots would be a very average team without him. A lot of people don’t like him, especially on here but the reality is he is the best coach in the NFL and it really isn’t close.
I will celebrate when he finally decides to retire because only then will the Patriots not be the main team in the AFC East the Dolphins have to deal with every year. Unfortunately I don’t see him retiring any time soon.
If he won the SB this year it would be the ultimate validation, especially if he beat Brady's Bucs. Then he can retire cuz 'what's the point' after that. He's untouchable in the annals of history in terms of GOAT. I almost wanna root for him to win it this year so maybe it expedites his exit.

Tua last year does well, helps Dolphins win 10 games, but is taken out late twice because the HC wants to win, and Tua is all of a sudden thought of as mediocre and weak armed.

Yesterday the HC of the Patriots decides (Rightly so, considering how the few passes he threw looked) to just run the ball more them 97% of time, and not allow Mac Jones to Throw any passes if he they could get away with it. Tomorrow Mac will not be known as a weak armed QB because of it, or Mediocre, but will be rooted to win ROTY for his amazing 19 yard game.

Insanity and Hypocrisy.
That’s what being 6 and 7 at this point in the season will get you.

You can add coaches to that list. As soon as we get a penalty on offense we get ready to punt like clockwork.
We get a 2nd and 15. We run and punt. It's ridiculous.
More often than not, it's the smart play, especially with our OL limitations. In a tie game or holding the lead...as they say, any possession that ends with a kick...

Flores mishandled him. Once he put Tua in that’s what the season should’ve been about. Or he never should’ve put him in when he did because he wasn’t ready. He wasn’t ready because he was behind the 8 ball due to a combination of him spending so much time rehabbing his injury with the Covid impacted rookie training camp and preseason limiting his reps and ability to learn a new nfl offense.

It was stupid to put him in when he did and then to just yank him like a yo-yo. For what? We weren’t going to win the super bowl that year. Once he put him in he should’ve stuck with him all year because that’s when the season became about developing your number 5 overall pick at QB. Or, he shouldn’t have put him in until he had command of the offense if he was worried about the playoffs.

Whole debacle made me mad and really was the start of the organization not to mention the media tsunami of
Perception and pressure
That the team already didn’t believe in Tua Dashaun Watson etc etc.

I believe the plan last year was to wait until after the bye. Of course, they moved our bye to earlier in the season (can't remember why), and Ross got impatient. It threw a monkey wrench into everything, pissed off Fitz and the rest is history. I was all for Tua sitting his rookie season to heal and learn the playbook. But hey, that's what owners do!

That’s what being 6 and 7 at this point in the season will get you.
Not Exactly, last year Tua helped the Dolphins reach 10 wins...Bad publicity

The Giants have been doing worse then us for a while, yet Daniel Jones was not looked upon as bad as they have treated Tua.

Last year the Chargers were not very good, yet Herbert was thought as the next coming of the great dominant QB.

The Raiders are inconsistent, yet Derek Carr continues to be thought of as a star QB.

Josh Allen had 3 years that were worse then Tua's 1st year, yet people refused to quit on him, because he was getting better.

Same thing that is happening to Tua, was happening to Tennehill, he had quite a few statistically good years, but because of key injuries every year, he failed to reach the playoffs, and they continued to think of him as a 2nd tier QB...Until he got to Tennessee.

Like I said, it does not really matter either way, but there is huge hypocrisy in the NFL.

Not Exactly, last year Tua helped the Dolphins reach 10 wins...Bad publicity

The Giants have been doing worse then us for a while, yet Daniel Jones was not looked upon as bad as they have treated Tua.

Last year the Chargers were not very good, yet Herbert was thought as the next coming of the great dominant QB.

The Raiders are inconsistent, yet Derek Carr continues to be thought of as a star QB.

Josh Allen had 3 years that were worse then Tua's 1st year, yet people refused to quit on him, because he was getting better.

Same thing that is happening to Tua, was happening to Tennehill, he had quite a few statistically good years, but because of key injuries every year, he failed to reach the playoffs, and they continued to think of him as a 2nd tier QB...Until he got to Tennessee.

Like I said, it does not really matter either way, but there is huge hypocrisy in the NFL.
I can agree with most of this.

Tua last year does well, helps Dolphins win 10 games, but is taken out late twice because the HC wants to win, and Tua is all of a sudden thought of as mediocre and weak armed.

Yesterday the HC of the Patriots decides (Rightly so, considering how the few passes he threw looked) to just run the ball more them 97% of time, and not allow Mac Jones to Throw any passes if he they could get away with it. Tomorrow Mac will not be known as a weak armed QB because of it, or Mediocre, but will be rooted to win ROTY for his amazing 19 yard game.

Insanity and Hypocrisy.
**** Mac Jones and **** Billy-Boy and **** the Pats...............hear hear!!!

I agree, he creates a game plan that is 100% focused on the game and hand be it Weather, personnel match ups etc.

I remember that one playoff game where he boxed in their best player I think it was a tight end for like three plays in a row they wouldn’t let the guy catch a ball under any circumstances.
I wish Miami had a Head Coach with actual "football smarts"...
They have one of the best OL’s in the league and two excellent running backs. Put those two things together, along with a top defense and you are going to win a lot of games. Even if you happen to have a rookie QB who is vastly overrated by the Patriot loving media.
...and if Flores (and Grier) did have "football smarts" they'd realize that having a good o-line and at least one strong RB would be in their best interest. As it stands, their half-hearted, failed attempt to improve these two areas is the reason why Tua got injured and they loss 7 games in a row.

Back
Top Bottom