Welker could be traded. What's he worth this year to us? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welker could be traded. What's he worth this year to us?

snake eyes

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Lotsa speculation NE will trade Wes Welker. Nothing concrete just rumors. What do you think is the Max to give up for him (just spitballing for fun) Is a second to high? He might be a great option opposite Hartline.

NO we have bess, seriously im a free agent and available, lets start a thread to see if we should trade for me

First off, NE wouldn't trade him in the division.

Secondly, we already have a very good slot receiver.

Thirdly, see "first off" and "secondly."

even if they were trading him, they wouldn't trade him within the division. dont get your hopes up

First off, NE wouldn't trade him in the division.

Secondly, we already have a very good slot receiver.

Thirdly, see "first off" and "secondly."

Drew Bledsoe.

Belichick will do whatever he thinks to improve his team. However, I would not make the deal unless it was late pick.

Drew Bledsoe.

Fair enough, but I bet if NE really thought Bledsoe would be as awesome as he was in 2002 they wouldn't have done it. I'm sure they think Welker can be quite effective.

A 2nd and Michael egnew since they love tight ends so much.

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk 2

Would not trade for him at this point of his career. He had his stint with us, has been a perfect fit in NE, and there's no guarantee he will fit anywhere else just as nicely. Plus, with his age, I'd rather not trade for him and continue with a youth movement instead.

He didn't want to be here the first time.

We don't need him back this time. Let him
get cut by his precious Patriots and rot.

People talk about Ireland being criminal. I mean my god, this guy welker overproduces by ten miles and he signs his tender and they will trade him?

My god, that is just downright awful of BB if he were to do this.

But that aside, a trade wont happen because too many teams are strapped and WR's coming in on the fly midseason is not a good thing for the amount of money required to sign him.

But I have had my mind on Welker these past few days so I really appreciate this thread. People who would say we already have Bess I would say that sort of thing might not be what Philbin would consider. Philbin wants four guys who can read defense and get open and make plays and catch the ball that comes your way. Welker would certainly be welcomed back to Miami based on this notion. Philbins offense isnt whether a guy is a slot guy or top receiver or whatever.

That said, I dont think Welker will be a Dolphin again because we have a laundry list of great players to consider in teh offseason.

Bush, Long, Starks, Incog (i think), Smith, as well as many others. I saw this list posted by someone on AFC East ESPN blog yesterday.

nothing we aren't trading for anyone.

Back
Top Bottom