We'll be hard to gameplan for....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We'll be hard to gameplan for.......

enigmatics

Go get me a juice box!
Reaction score
Len Pastabelly said:
For the last several years, Taylor pointed out, he has almost always aligned at right end, and opponents could game-plan around that inevitability. So Taylor was forced to take on double-team blocking, to be chip-blocked by fullbacks, to have pass protectors attempt to take out his legs. His success aside, Taylor was a sitting duck, and his body paid a steep price for the abuse offensive coordinators plotted against him.

Those same coordinators in 2005 will first have to figure out where Taylor is aligned before worrying about how to keep him out of their backfield. Stoked by his new role, Taylor is clearly excited about the new possibilities.

This is the kind of thing that leads me to believe we are going to be such a pain in the butt to gameplan for. I love every second of it, having been so vanilla for so d*mn long.

I only wonder if the first few games will be shaky due to everyone's role not being completly known. I mean I know they'll know it to a certain level, but until JT playing OLB or MLB or DT is as natural to him as DE he wont be as good at it. It will take time. But after a while it will really pay off, that is unless other teams figure out what were doing around the same time the players become comfortable with it.

jtsacksyou said:
I only wonder if the first few games will be shaky due to everyone's role not being completly known. I mean I know they'll know it to a certain level, but until JT playing OLB or MLB or DT is as natural to him as DE he wont be as good at it. It will take time. But after a while it will really pay off, that is unless other teams figure out what were doing around the same time the players become comfortable with it.

It's definately a possibility given that this is an entirely new defensive scheme. I won't be bothered by it because chances are he and the rest of the them will get better every week with it.

It's pretty expensive the football package at directv to me.

That's why this year I'll pay for NFL sunday ticket. I'll root, but i'll ENJOY too.

It was not worth to pay a bunch of money to watch "wanny football run,run,pass, punt" that fails at wild card. When it used to reach it. :evil:

BrazForPhins said:
It's pretty expensive the football package at directv to me.

That's why this year I'll pay for NFL sunday ticket. I'll root, but i'll ENJOY too.

It was not worth to pay a bunch of money to watch "wanny football run,run,pass, punt" that fails at wild card. When it used to reach it. :evil:
Did I miss something here?

I enjoyed the NFL Sunday Ticket last year even with the bad season we had. I have subscribed for as long as it has been available. I can't go without seeing my Fins no matter what the record. I live in Jax so it is my only chance to see them.

Question though, are any of you guys coming up to Jax for the second pre-season game this year? I will be there, it is my only chance to see my fins LIVE. I haven't been able to get down to Miami yet for a game at Dolphins Stadium but I plan to in the near future. If any of you guys are going to be making the trip let me know.

enigmatics said:
This is the kind of thing that leads me to believe we are going to be such a pain in the butt to gameplan for. I love every second of it, having been so vanilla for so d*mn long.

I hope you are right about that statement that we will be hard to game plan for.
I personally am still worried because of the big question marks with offensive line and QB.

Plus the defensive front is different. With Big Tim gone there may be some troubles stopping the run. And we are still a little short a corner.

I don't know what defensive coordinators used to do in place of game-planning our offense the past two years, because obviously there was no need do much of anything where our offense was concerned, it will be nice to think that every team is going to have a busy O-Coordinator and D-Coordinator this season when it comes to figuring out how to play us on both sides of the ball.

enigmatics said:

At camp JT wandered over and lined up on the middle of the line

I'm hoping that this new team is alittle complicated for a few weeks, before the opposing teams start to figure out a reply, it may mean a few more victories !!!!!!

yeah on both sides of the ball i feel like we'll be hard to gameplan for... defensively with different looks 4-3 3-4, different rotations on the dline... carter traylor chester taylor, then pull out a roth carter holliday taylor for pure pass rush... lots of rotations in the LB core with a healthy moore, spragen seau and zach plus 3-4 LBs of bowens and taylor...

offensively we can line up 4 wide now, or 3 wide with mcmike and everyones a playmaker so whos the d gonna focus on?... we can have ronnie in the backfield, or split out wide, paired up with gordon in a 2 back set... lots of options...

i mean really the last 3 years, everyone knew what we were doing on both sides of the ball... this year even us fans have no idea... it makes it oh so much more interesting...

arsenal said:
yeah on both sides of the ball i feel like we'll be hard to gameplan for... defensively with different looks 4-3 3-4, different rotations on the dline....
that D was handled by a crappy Dolphins team when they faced the Pats last year.

You hit it right on the head arsenal. It is soooo much more fun. The speculation, expectations and such. Its nice to have a breath of fresh air and seeing the potential for a team that is anything but one dimensional.

Justasportsfan said:
that D was handled by a crappy Dolphins team when they faced the Pats last year.

But that D HANDLED the Bills oh so easily now didn't it.....seems every post I read of yours is "stirring the pot". Would be nice if you had something worth while to say, but I suspect you save that for the Billszone. :rolleyes: Oh wait you don't spend nearly the same amount of time there as you do here. One has to wonder if you're not a closet Dolphin's fan

GrnMtnMan said:
But that D HANDLED the Bills oh so easily now didn't it.....seems every post I read of yours is "stirring the pot". Would be nice if you had something worth while to say, but I suspect you save that for the Billszone. :rolleyes: Oh wait you don't spend nearly the same amount of time there as you do here. One has to wonder if you're not a closet Dolphin's fan
Don't get me wrong. That D that the PATS had was something that Drew coudln't handle. My point is that most finfans here bragged and laughed about beating the Pats and their D and now that you're running it, it's hard to gameplan for?

I say let the fins play first. You still don't have proven DT's. WHo are your safeties?Your OL is still a question mark and so is your qb position. Your best cb is an aging Madison who kept getting burned lately.

We shall see what that OL can do when they are blitzed. Let's see if AJ will do what he does best and throw picks when under pressure.

Back
Top Bottom