" Well Coached Dolphins" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

" Well Coached Dolphins"

corona

Rookie
Reaction score
This guy at work today (arizona fan) told me he heard on Sirus radio that the phins are coached very uniquely..

They are coahed to not LOSE a game, not to win.. This is a extremely different technique becos your ALWAYS told to win.

But if you think about it, it makes perfect sense and its working for the players, they are buying into this system and its working.

Hats off to Parcells and Company for great coaching skills..
just a thought but, look at the Cowboys now??? without Billy, Jeff and tony....

Just something to think about........:hi5:

I don't think that guy on sirius radio knows what he's talking about. Wannstedt played not to lose, this years Phins are playing to win, but are also coached not to beat themselves with silly mistakes. Going for it on fourth down yesterday was proof of playing to win.

GO PHINS~!

Even the play selection on that last drive says "we came here to play to win". Many coaches (including the aforementioned Herm Edwards) would play conservitively to run time off the clock with a 2 point lead late in the 4th: Then hope the defense will keep the other team from getting a score. Our coaches said "we trust Chad, so take us down the field, stick it in the endzone, and put this one away". He and the rest of the team did just that.

im so glad they went for it on 4th and powered it right up the middle. no cute tosses, play fakes or misdirections. just a coach giving his players a chance to win a game, because he believed in them. even if we got stuffed i would have been impressed with sparano showing some stones

We are not coached to not lose a game.

We are coached not to beat ourselves.

BIG difference.

We are not coached to not lose a game.

We are coached not to beat ourselves.

BIG difference.

its a refreshing change, though i had gotten used to seeing consecutive false start penalties and other costly mental errors on a regular basis

Back
Top Bottom