Well, Here's Another Rumor... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well, Here's Another Rumor...

phillyphinphan

Active Roster
Reaction score
These rumors are getting out of control, The validity of this one is rather weak but I put it out there for conversation. On sports radio WIP here in philly. The host and some callers are debating a supposed trade between the Eagles and Phins. Principles involved-get this, Brian Westbrook, 31, 35, and everybody's favorite WR Freddie "I can't shut my damn mouth" Mitchell for the Phins #2. I know, I know, it's ridiculous but for it to be reported by the host from 3-11 (anyone in the area knows this guy does his homework) it had to start from somewhere. Personally, I don't believe it for one moment, it makes no sense for at least 5 reasons and that's just the first one's that came to mid as he was speaking. The only thing that I can take from this one is Saban the GM has somehow wrestled control of the draft from the #2 position...

I believe the phrase " When Hell Freezes Over " was invented for this specific deal..

Dont know about the players

But I have been surprised by the silence from Philly. It seems to me they are a perfect trading partner. They have lots of picks and few holes.

I would think that they would be interested in packaging their picks to get that "one" player to put them over the top. Maybe a Braylon Edwards type to replace Mr. personality.

Texphinphan

a trade with philly would definitly make sense, except for the fact that we will drop WAY outta the 1st round

Eskin is as he would say a DOPE! There is no way they were getting TO last year either.

Well he obviously has good sources, but he is also wrong alot.

Perhaps they are going to offer TO :shakeno:
He would love it here. Saban would give him lots of flexibility and he would have the stud QB he has always wanted. :roflmao:

Actually, Westbrook would fit nicely in this offense with Gordon and Morris...He can return punts and KOs as well. I don't know that we need another #2 WR...At any rate, unless they are eyeing Edwards or Williams, this trade doesn't make sense for them...I think the Fins would want something from them later in the draft or next year as well.

T.O. to Miami....here come the threads. That would be something...unfortunately we aren't bright enough to use the loopholes Philly does.

I don't think Saban would want to conclude his first draft by trading out of the 1st round completely. These two players and two lower round draft picks surely don't equal the value of the no#2 pick?

I actually was thinking hard about this yesterday when Mike Malock on NFL Network showed the 11 picks in the draft that Philly had. With the TO situation, they just might want to make a splash here to show TO he is a piece of crap loudmouth. The deal could be something like 31, 35(they would just be giving our own pick back to us), plus a third, fourth and fifth. They would still have 6 picks and Braylon Edwards. Not to shabby for a super bowl team.

It is not out of the question and there has been some peeps about philly and us. Just like Denver has a pipeline going with Washington, we may have one with Philly.

phillyphinphan said:
These rumors are getting out of control, The validity of this one is rather weak but I put it out there for conversation. On sports radio WIP here in philly. The host and some callers are debating a supposed trade between the Eagles and Phins. Principles involved-get this, Brian Westbrook, 31, 35, and everybody's favorite WR Freddie "I can't shut my damn mouth" Mitchell for the Phins #2. I know, I know, it's ridiculous but for it to be reported by the host from 3-11 (anyone in the area knows this guy does his homework) it had to start from somewhere. Personally, I don't believe it for one moment, it makes no sense for at least 5 reasons and that's just the first one's that came to mid as he was speaking. The only thing that I can take from this one is Saban the GM has somehow wrestled control of the draft from the #2 position...

I think the reporter or host is Howard Eskin. I listen to WIP all the time because I live in the Philly area and try to get other football news besides the Eagles. I don't think Saban would take Freddie "I couldn't catch a cold Mittchel" if the whole Eagle O was involved.

Back
Top Bottom