Well Is "tank For Tua " Officially Cancelled ? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well Is "tank For Tua " Officially Cancelled ?

Does this mean we can cancel the bulk face paint order? Does the exercise bike get to stay in the training and room and off the sideline in 2021? Do we save some money by not having to move our QBs entire family to wherever he plays football?

Does this mean we can cancel the bulk face paint order? Does the exercise bike get to stay in the training and room and off the sideline in 2021? Do we save some money by not having to move our QBs entire family to wherever he plays football?

Probably just means Miami's ballboy will need to have several of these available so Fromm's tiny hands can grasp it...

shopping

It takes a special kind of bad to go 1-15, 2-14 and a chance at #1 overall pick.

The team needs to have lack of talent at key playmaking spots, rash of injuries throughout the roster, and utter incompetent in the coaching/personnel staff.

If we go 2-14 I will have serious reservations with our coaching staff and personal department. They'll be on thin ice going forward.

IMO best case scenario is that Rosen shows up, the team wins ~6 games, and the dolphins land in a favorite spot in the draft to trade out to a 2020 Qb hungry team. The key is underachieving a little record wise so that year 2 we are primed for a bounce up.

I think the motive behind the trade was to change the optic of the 2019 season. It was a chance they could take on a guy thats probably not gonna move the needle much this year or actually be worse than what we already have but its gonna give fans hope (me included somewhat) and the outside chance he becomes a decent starter down the road. Look how many people are excited for the season now that Rosen was traded for. Here on this site the majority hated trading a pick for Rosen before it actually happened but now it seems most are in agreement that it was a good trade. Amazing how that happens.

I don't think they believe Rosen is their guy. Sure they can give him a shot. Reason why I think that is because all the posturing that was done to get the trade done. If you believed he was your QB, you have no problem sending the 48 overall to the cards. Why trade down 13 spots then trade for him? What if the Cards said we arent gonna do the deal now? Not much of a conviction to me.

Also, hes been on the block for a couple months now. Miami has known this. Why didnt they improve the conditions for him this year? Why not keep James or improve the oline for him through some minor deals for starters? Why not take an olineman in the first? Why not give this kid a chance? Hes coming into the same scenario that he failed in last year. Things dont add up to me. Their actions outside the actually trade don't show me a conviction that they think hes the guy.

I am still not so sure that Rosen plays much this year. I think they need to give the kid a year to sit behind Fitzpatrick and let the game slow down for him. He is still very slow working through his reads and locking onto his target. Let him learn and let us stack up the losses. We can build a strong line for him in 2020 or pick another QB if he doesn't show any signs of progression throughout the season.

I am still not so sure that Rosen plays much this year. I think they need to give the kid a year to sit behind Fitzpatrick and let the game slow down for him. He is still very slow working through his reads and locking onto his target. Let him learn and let us stack up the losses. We can build a strong line for him in 2020 or pick another QB if he doesn't show any signs of progression throughout the season.
How does he improve sitting?

Yup. There is no need to rush him this year. Still under contract 3 more years and Fitzpatrick is head and shoulders better than he is. I would say in 2020 he may start getting some starts.

I don't think the tank was for Tua specifically either. You can't tank for 1 guy because there's no guarantee you'll get him. I think having guys like Tua, Herbert, Fromm, Love etc all draft eligible made it enticing to rebuild slowly and in anticipation of finding a young QB to put in the middle of it next year.

So...take your pick.
Tank for Tua?
Hold for Herbert?
Lose for Love?
Fail for Fromm?

I don't think the tank was for Tua specifically either. You can't tank for 1 guy because there's no guarantee you'll get him. I think having guys like Tua, Herbert, Fromm, Love etc all draft eligible made it enticing to rebuild slowly and in anticipation of finding a young QB to put in the middle of it next year.

So...take your pick.
Tank for Tua?
Hold for Herbert?
Lose for Love?
Fail for Fromm?

Rally for Rosen
Rise up for Rosen

Can we find a way to add Jeudy? I mean, I think Rosen being the guy is a much better situation for us going forward.

As others have said, I don't think any of the 20 class is better than Rosen. If anything I would be wanting to set us up for the 21 class with Lawrence. That is, if Rosen doesn't pan out.

We lost nothing. If we didn't pull that trade for Rosen off, then we may have taken Haskins, and we would not have gotten Wilkins. So essentially Wilkins may have been the odd pick out. I already like Wilkins the character.

Best Miami front office move in many many years!!! :good:

I'm pretty hyped to be honest. It doesn't take much, but a new QB and coaching staff could make the season interesting. If we suck, we get one of the top prospects next year. If no, we have a tonne of picks and money to build a team. Win/Win.

I really don't want to root for the Dolphins to lose.

Back
Top Bottom