Well Is "tank For Tua " Officially Cancelled ? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well Is "tank For Tua " Officially Cancelled ?

Cant you say that about any QB in a power 5 program?

Check last year's national championship game against Georgia when he bailed out Jalen Hurts.

Believe what you want, Im done trying to convince people to watch college football.

Unfortunately you are correct, which is why "tanking" or assuming any superpower program QB can be a savior is something I cannot fathom. Note, I also believe Alabama is a superpower among superpowers, that is a NFL team physically which makes any bama QB more difficult to gauge. Hell they would have made John Beck the no1 overall if he played for bama.

View attachment 20675
There is your stat bud. He may be a media darling, but he is not the great QB everyone thinks he is.

Link in case it’s too small to read

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.12...a-is-actually-really-bad-against-top-defenses

:lol: That’s the average from a 2 game sample size, including a game against the top defense in the league in which he was still injured and didn’t even play a full 3 quarters because they were blowing them out. Way to cherry pick stats to fit your narrative.

Unfortunately you are correct, which is why "tanking" or assuming any superpower program QB can be a savior is something I cannot fathom. Note, I also believe Alabama is a superpower among superpowers, that is a NFL team physically which makes any bama QB more difficult to gauge. Hell they would have made John Beck the no1 overall if he played for bama.

Which is why Alabama QBs keep getting drafted in the top 3...days of the draft.

and that is exactly why I dont understand the TUA anointment as the next great QB. He plays on an overloaded team, clean pocket everytime. Most QB's can do what he does with that team around him, I want to see him after he down 20 points and his OL has collapsed and he has to lead the team back on field and fail again.

Vinny Testaverde looked all world with the LOADED hurricane teams, its amazing the difference it can make. This kid might be good, might be average, however savior type I dont see it.

Like when he lead his team back from a 12 point deficit in the national championship game....... In his first appearance ever as a freshman? That kind of come back?

The kid did things last year that had never been seen in college football. Like him not being seen in the 4th quarter for the first 7 games of the season because he was dropping 21 points in the first 10 minutes of games. 11 yards per attempt. Only players to ever do that were Murray and Mayfield which we see where they have gone. Only difference is they didn't do it in the SEC.

You could have the #2 pick . . . It would take at least 3 first rounders to get the top prospect . . . .and even then if he is “that dude”, the #1 overall team would probably still take him.

All we did is add a tremendous talent to the league’s least talented QB group.

Lets see how it plays out.

Well done. You are among the very few who understands the real-world going rate. The most ridiculous recent assertion is that Miami now has bargaining power in 2020. We don't have squat. All we have is opportunity to wiggle up or down, like the Patriots so often do. But in terms of acquiring that #1 pick we have nothing. We could have the #2 pick and offer our entire remaining draft -- like Ditka in '99 -- and the team in the catbird seat would merely laugh at us. I proposed months ago that the going rate for Tua would be 4 first round picks. I will stick with that, while conceding that your estimate of "at least 3..." might be closer to accurate.

I have no idea how Trevor Lawrence is now considered on a different plane than Tua. Classic overreaction to one game. The 8.3 YPA is very nice but it's not overwhelming. It is where DeShaun Watson was in his first season as Clemson starter.

Consider this: Trevor Lawrence did not have one game in 2018 that reached 11 YPA. Meanwhile Tua averaged 11.2 for the entire season.

For another thing, if anyone strikes me as potentially injury prone, it is Trevor Lawrence. He takes off and runs far too often and far too recklessly, for someone with that body type and skill set. The sideline play against Syracuse last season was a perfect example. Fortunately for Lawrence that turned into a head injury and not a leg injury.

Lawrence is not someone who can instantly collapse into a little ball like Russell Wilson or Kyler Murray. If those guys get hurt it's the ultra rare situation when they simply couldn't see it coming. Lawrence, in contrast, is a leggy type who is vulnerable from all directions and virtually head to toe. He senses a gap and takes off into linebackerville. I hope it never happens to him and he fulfills his full potential but it's impossible for me not to see the devastating potential.

Last edited:
Well done. You are among the very few who understands the real-world going rate. The most ridiculous recent assertion is that Miami now has bargaining power in 2020. We don't have squat. All we have is opportunity to wiggle up or down, like the Patriots so often do. But in terms of acquiring that #1 pick we have nothing. We could have the #2 pick and offer our entire remaining draft -- like Ditka in '99 -- and the team in the catbird seat would merely laugh at us. I proposed months ago that the going rate for Tua would be 4 first round picks. I will stick with that, while conceding that your estimate of "at least 3..." might be closer to accurate.

I have no idea how Trevor Lawrence is now considered on a different plane than Tua. Classic overreaction to one game. The 8.3 YPA is very nice but it's not overwhelming. It is where DeShaun Watson was in his first season as Clemson starter.

Consider this: Trevor Lawrence did not have one game in 2018 that reached 11 YPA. Meanwhile Tua averaged 11.2 for the entire season.

For another thing, if anyone strikes me as potentially injury prone, it is Trevor Lawrence. He takes off and runs far too often and far too recklessly, for someone with that body type and skill set. The sideline play against Syracuse last season was a perfect example. Fortunately for Lawrence that turned into a head injury and not a leg injury.

Lawrence is not someone who can instantly collapse into a little ball like Russell Wilson or Kyler Murray. If those guys get hurt it's the ultra rare situation when they simply couldn't see it coming. Lawrence, in contrast, is a leggy type who is vulnerable from all directions and virtually head to toe. He senses a gap and takes off into linebackerville. I hope it never happens to him and he fulfills his full potential but it's impossible for me not to see the devastating potential.

I have to laugh when some think any of the mid-round picks we've acquired help us land a top spot in any way. Those picks have long been overvalued by fans and I'm not sure why.

4 1st round picks for Tua? That's ridiculous. With Herbert and Fromm available why would any team do that? There is a reason why you don't see a Dikta like move anymore, the risk is too great and it's dumb. RG3 killed any such future trade.

Miami was never "tanking for tua" if Rosen isn't you personal favorite I get it! but let's move on with the support of this Franchise, Tua is still in college and guess what he will have to go through the same growing pains, then you'll be asking for his younger brother.

Which is why Alabama QBs keep getting drafted in the top 3...days of the draft.

Which ones of these QB's drafted from Alabama have set the world on fire? Remember the context, I'm am stating the "tanking for Tua" is foolish and he is not worthy of such an action. I am not stating he is a future bust, I simply do not know answer that question nor does does anyone I suspect.

Alabama QB Saban period pre-TUA

Jalen Hurts 2016–2018 Hurts was the first freshman to start at QB for Nick Saban. He led Alabama to the 2017 College Football Playoff National Championship, which Alabama lost to Clemson, 35–31. In 2018, he led Alabama to the 2018 College Football Playoff National Championship, where he was replaced during the game by Tua Tagovailoa.

Blake Barnett 2016 Barnett started the first game of the 2016 season against USC. He was replaced by Jalen Hurts, who became the starting quarterback. After limited playing time in the next few games, Barnett chose to quit the program and transfer to a junior college, and then to Arizona State where he was the backup QB behind Manny Wilkins. Currently he is the starting QB for South Florida University Bulls.

Jake Coker 2015 Coker led Alabama to the 2016 national championship, where they defeated Clemson, 45–40.

Blake Sims 2014 Sims was named starting quarterback just prior to their season opener against West Virginia after he won a prolonged competition against Jake Coker. Against Florida, Sims set a school record for total offense in a single game with his 484 yards that included 39 total yards rushing. Sims threw for 3,487 yards (a single season record) with 28 touchdowns. He also added 7 rushing touchdowns and 350 yards on the ground. He led the Tide to win the 2014 SEC Championship, in which he was the game's MVP. [1][2]

AJ McCarron 20112013 McCarron led the Crimson Tide to the 2011 and 2012 national championships and graduated as Alabama's career leader in passing yardage (9,019), completions (686) and touchdowns (77). He also holds the record for passing touchdowns (30) in a single season. He finished runner-up for the Heisman Trophy in the 2013 season. He was drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals in the 2014 NFL Draft. [3][4][5]

Greg McElroy 20092010 McElroy led the Crimson Tide to the 2009 national championship and was named ESPN Academic All-American of the Year for the 2010 season. He was drafted by the New York Jets in the 2011 NFL Draft. [6]

John Parker Wilson 20062008 Wilson graduated as the all-time leader in several categories that have since been eclipsed. He still holds the record for completions in a single-season (255). He went undrafted but played in the NFL for the Atlanta Falcons, Jacksonville Jaguars and Pittsburgh Steelers.

Which ones of these QB's drafted from Alabama have set the world on fire? Remember the context, I'm am stating the "tanking for Tua" is foolish and he is not worthy of such an action. I am not stating he is a future bust, I simply do not know answer that question nor does does anyone I suspect.

Alabama QB Saban period pre-TUA

Jalen Hurts 2016–2018 Hurts was the first freshman to start at QB for Nick Saban. He led Alabama to the 2017 College Football Playoff National Championship, which Alabama lost to Clemson, 35–31. In 2018, he led Alabama to the 2018 College Football Playoff National Championship, where he was replaced during the game by Tua Tagovailoa.

Blake Barnett 2016 Barnett started the first game of the 2016 season against USC. He was replaced by Jalen Hurts, who became the starting quarterback. After limited playing time in the next few games, Barnett chose to quit the program and transfer to a junior college, and then to Arizona State where he was the backup QB behind Manny Wilkins. Currently he is the starting QB for South Florida University Bulls.

Jake Coker 2015 Coker led Alabama to the 2016 national championship, where they defeated Clemson, 45–40.

Blake Sims 2014 Sims was named starting quarterback just prior to their season opener against West Virginia after he won a prolonged competition against Jake Coker. Against Florida, Sims set a school record for total offense in a single game with his 484 yards that included 39 total yards rushing. Sims threw for 3,487 yards (a single season record) with 28 touchdowns. He also added 7 rushing touchdowns and 350 yards on the ground. He led the Tide to win the 2014 SEC Championship, in which he was the game's MVP. [1][2]

AJ McCarron 20112013 McCarron led the Crimson Tide to the 2011 and 2012 national championships and graduated as Alabama's career leader in passing yardage (9,019), completions (686) and touchdowns (77). He also holds the record for passing touchdowns (30) in a single season. He finished runner-up for the Heisman Trophy in the 2013 season. He was drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals in the 2014 NFL Draft. [3][4][5]

Greg McElroy 20092010 McElroy led the Crimson Tide to the 2009 national championship and was named ESPN Academic All-American of the Year for the 2010 season. He was drafted by the New York Jets in the 2011 NFL Draft. [6]

John Parker Wilson 20062008 Wilson graduated as the all-time leader in several categories that have since been eclipsed. He still holds the record for completions in a single-season (255). He went undrafted but played in the NFL for the Atlanta Falcons, Jacksonville Jaguars and Pittsburgh Steelers.

The logic of "this school doesnt produce NFL QBs. Look at the list" is a terrible arguing point. Its been shot down many times on here. I will go no further down this rabbit hole.

YPA is such a good stat to use in context.

Having a high YPA means little in terms of whose the better overall qb. Baker and Tua were both better than Kyler and he also had an 11. It's also about offense and how they play, what type of scheme they run.

Good example is Tajh Boyd had a 9.8 one year, tajh ****ing boyd LMAOOOO.

Last edited:
YPA is such a good stat to use in context.

Having a high YPA means little in terms of whose the better overall qb. Baker and Tua were both better than Kyler and he also had an 11. It's also about offense and how they play, what type of scheme they run.

Good example is Tajh Boyd had a 9.8 one year, tajh ****ing boyd LMAOOOO.

Im not arguing who is better. I was just saying how rare a 11 YPA is and the company he kept. They are the only 3 to ever do it. And the other two went first overall which is where Tua will be going.

Trevor is gonna be really good (Is really good). Hes gonna have to put up a monster year to do what Tua did though. Hes got the skill to do it.

Back
Top Bottom