Well Is "tank For Tua " Officially Cancelled ? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well Is "tank For Tua " Officially Cancelled ?

That was the joke. None of those QBs were considered 1st round, let alone 1st overall and they all played on powerhouse and championship teams. The argument doesn’t hold water, particularly if you actually watch the guy play.

Exactly! Until Tua came along, Alabama always won in spite of their QB play. They won with their defense and running game for the most part. Tua is the first star QB Saban has had at Alabama. You can't compare him to the other QB's that have been there before him.

25 starts. That's all you need out of a guy to determine if he's going to be a franchise caliber quarterback for you. That's it.

If you still can't decide after 25 starts - then he's not going to be. Not for you anyway.

Jim Plunkett - Steve Young - Doug Williams

to name a few that don't fit the absolute reference. But
different era and different game to a large measure.

Doesn't seem you see recycled QBs suddenly turning
their game 180' around as you may have in the past.

But of course we live in "instant satisfaction" and I'm
still debating on the existence of QB nirvana.

That said -- I 100% believe there's WAY TOO MUCH
expectation placed on young QBs coming into the NFL

to miraculously emerge as the vaunted USDA cert.
franchise QB. One of the many ways FA and salary cap

have destroyed the "let 'em simmer on the back burner"
development that used to make the NFL more interesting.

My opinion. Of course.

BNF

Why does everyone think the dolphins are the only team interested in tua? If we dont go 0-16 theres no guarantees in getting him. The team picking first may want him no matter what the compensation is. Also what is he decides to not declare for the draft and spend another year at school?
I've never understood how tanking is a REAL strategy to anyone. There are so many variables involved, it boggles my mind. If ppl mean we put ourselves on a diet this off season so we can splurge for the 2020 off season, fine. But to focus in on a player for 2020 when they haven't even played their college season IMO is simply insane. The player can suck, he can get injured he may decide to stay in school, then what?

I don't think Grier or Flores are thinking further than doing their best for this upcoming season and off season.

If Rosen is terrible then they’re a 4 win team and they get either Tua, Herbert or Fromm. If Rosen shows promise then they’re a 6 win team and still get a top 10 pick.

There’s only 5-6 teams in the NFL that would draft a top QB and some of those won’t finish low enough. Good chance they still get a top 3 QB with a top 10 pick.

I've never understood how tanking is a REAL strategy to anyone. There are so many variables involved, it boggles my mind.

I know. I made that point here a few months ago. I could understand the thinking if there were let's say 6-8 elite quarterbacks coming out, in an all-time freakish year. But with 1-3 tops I don't see how it makes a fleck of sense. I remember posting that the Dolphins were apparently going to attempt something they didn't fully understand.

The organization needed to stop making dunce choices like trading picks to move up in those grab bag portions of the draft. We did that to take Caroo and earlier the running back Daniel Thomas. Those are awful moves, regardless of result. For a decade or more I haven't cared too much about details because we were making so many bonehead moves the bottom line had no chance to cooperate.

Finally we are making some sharp choices. For example, the Saints are now targeting players and willing to deal, as Brees hits age 40. Great. Let's be the ones to take advantage instead of allowing some other team to do it. I really like the player New Orleans took at 48...Eric McCoy. But taking him at 48 is not nearly as wise as the 2-for-1 of the additional player obtained (Rosen) plus the second round pick from 2020. Never undervalue of two swings instead of one, especially when there is fluctuation from normal. Everyone assumes the Saints pick will be very late. I'm sure the Saints assume it. But the odds of that are far lower than estimates allow. Countless variables can cause underperformance in the NFL.

And when the first part of the 2-for-1 is a recently drafted very young quarterback with praise linked from an early age, you have to do it. The fail is nothing and the payoff immense.

I have no idea how any Dolphins fan can rationalize Ryan Tannehill for so long yet is reluctant or annoyed to explore Josh Rosen.

I have no idea how any Dolphins fan can rationalize Ryan Tannehill for so long yet is reluctant or annoyed to explore Josh Rosen.
I'll admit it right now; I think Tannehill can be a good QB. He's never had even decent pass protection for more than a few games. I think Mariota gets hurt some time during the season, and then Tannehill lights it up.

Exactly! Until Tua came along, Alabama always won in spite of their QB play. They won with their defense and running game for the most part. Tua is the first star QB Saban has had at Alabama. You can't compare him to the other QB's that have been there before him.

Why the results are about the same?

Since people like QB ratings so much there was only a minor difference between him and the backup QB that transferred. AGAIN, do I think he is terrible/bust , no I do NOT. Do I think he is special a once in a generation? Certainly NOT.

Here is something that most will agree with, however I will put it out there anyway. How much difference would there be between Tannehill in Alabama and Tua in Alabama? Would they win less? Would the stats drop (the historical data on all BAMA qb with Saban are within the same spectrum).

I'm not looking to pick a fight, just want people to put this QB is perspective.

Since people like QB ratings so much there was only a minor difference between him and the backup QB that transferred. AGAIN, do I think he is terrible/bust , no I do NOT. Do I think he is special a once in a generation? Certainly NOT.

Here is something that most will agree with, however I will put it out there anyway. How much difference would there be between Tannehill in Alabama and Tua in Alabama? Would they win less? Would the stats drop (the historical data on all BAMA qb with Saban are within the same spectrum).

I'm not looking to pick a fight, just want people to put this QB is perspective.

Lets put it in perspective. Tua threw 43 TDs in his first year starting. Rosen threw 59 TDs in 3 years. Tua did it in the SEC. Rosen went against the mighty PAC 12 defenses. He will be the best prospect to come out since Luck unless he has a leg fall off. He might not be **** in the NFL but I am more than willing to roll that dice. Any team in the NFL would.

I never said I supported this trade, and I don't think it changed anything as far as this tanking gibberish. There's no way this coach is going to stuff his balls between his legs and take it like a puss.
Tanking is driven by the GM, not the coach.

If we were a college team playing against other college teams, this would still be a funk up idea.

You want us to lose to maybe draft a college player who might be good and we might be able to draft.

You are not a Miami Dolphin fan. Piss off and go tank your season in Madden NFL.

Tanking has to be driven by the players too and I don't see a player who wants to be on the team not trying hard.

Josh Rosen is walking into a great situation.

He got through his rookie season and growing pains.

Battled and batted down all the false media speculation along with being drafted twice in two years.

Has a Vet QB in front of him also minimizing pressure.

Joined a team with little to no expectations.

Joined a team that has fans longing for a competant QB.(Most fans will welcome Josh with open arms)

Kid's got to be excited.

Name me another Alabama QB under Saban that threw for 43 TD's in one season like Tua did? His stats tell the story.

Name me another Alabama QB under Saban that threw for 43 TD's in one season like Tua did? His stats tell the story.

Its not just the stats. Its the accuracy. The movement in the pocket. The big play mentality he has while only throwing 6 ints.

Back
Top Bottom