Well Is "tank For Tua " Officially Cancelled ? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well Is "tank For Tua " Officially Cancelled ?

I'll paste this here since someone thought this needed to be in the draft forum and I take exception with that. May 1st, who the F goes the draft forum?

This is not a 2019 QB power ranking list, it's the need those 32 teams have for drafting a QB in 2020.

Starting my list with the Bengals. I don't like a thing about their future. Easy for me to say but AJ Green needs to be moved for asset's. 1 and 32 were easy selections. Clearly the bottom half of this last won't matter for this evaluation but if our FO was doing the same, I'd expect them to be thorough enough to finish a list.

1. Cincinnati
2. New Orleans
3. New England
4. LAC
5. San Fran
6. Miami
7. Oakland
8. Minnesota
9. Carolina
10. Detroit
11. Pittsburgh
12. Buffalo
13. Tampa Bay
14. Jacksonville
15. Tennessee
16. NYG
17. NYJ
18. Chicago
19. Atlanta
20. Denver
21. Green Bay
22. Dallas
23. Baltimore
24. Washington
25. Cleveland
26. Houston
27. LAR
28. Philadelphia
29. Indy
30. Seattle
31. Arizona
32. Kansas City

I didn't initially want to put Miami on the list but for comparison's sake, I tried to be non biased so i included them.

Obviously 2 and 3 are about age, both teams expected to be at the opposite end of the drafting order so neither should be in play for a top 5 trade up. Especially New Orleans with no 2nd.

Chargers are planning to extend Rivers for another year or two, ala Big Ben? They risk becoming irrelevant soon.

Garapolo has a lot to prove. Shanahan and Lynch get how much longer?

Then there is us, don't need to really discuss that here.

Then you have a group of teams with no future with their current QB's, 7-15. Is Pittsburgh on their way back? Nope. I already know what Carr, Newton, Cousins, Stafford, Winston, Mariota/Tannehill are. Really rich guys who will have zero rings when it's all said and done. Hope they stay in NFL purgatory for as long as possible.

Bottom line, Bengals, Raiders, Niners will likely be in competition for top QB talent in 2020.

The overall rankings of this list don't matter much so if you reply to this thread and tell me Green Bay should be higher, you need to have your head examined.

Last edited:
Rosen is going to do great things in Miami, imo. We have our franchise quarterback already.

Rosen's talent doesn't concern me, it's the talent or lack of talent around him in Miami. He could play lights out and Miami still finishes with a top 5 pick. Rosen has an above average group of WR to work with in Miami, if both injured WR's come back healthy. If Miami does finish in the top 5 I'm thinking they draft another position, unless they actually pick #1.

Rosen is going to do great things in Miami, imo. We have our franchise quarterback already.

And how do you know that for sure? Can you tell me the winning lotto numbers while you're at it? The bottom line is Rosen might end up being a franchise QB, might end up being a middle of the road QB, or might end up sucking. Nobody knows for sure at this point.

Did you know that during the last game of the season the year that Reggie Bush was coming out of college it was a matchup of the two worst teams in the league and the NFL sent people to the game to make sure that nobody was trying to do anything weird to lose on purpose?

Man, what a weird request by the commissioner for something that only exists in fans' imaginations...

Did you know that during the last game of the season the year that Reggie Bush was coming out of college it was a matchup of the two worst teams in the league and the NFL sent people to the game to make sure that nobody was trying to do anything weird to lose on purpose?

Man, what a weird request by the commissioner for something that only exists in fans' imaginations...

Never heard that but it wouldn't surprise me.

I do think that teams that want to rebuild will do what Miami is doing this season: cut salary, build cap space, stockpile draft ammunition, and let things fall as they may.

They're not going to go into the season and tell players to lose games, or tell coaches to gameplan poorly, but they're basically tanking.

Playing some back ups in the last game of the season to potentially get a higher pick when you are a bottom 2 team is way different then what most people have been talking about with the Dolphins, tanking an entire season. Tanking an entire season is absolutely ridiculous thought process and only exists in fans minds.

Back
Top Bottom