Well Is "tank For Tua " Officially Cancelled ? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well Is "tank For Tua " Officially Cancelled ?

I do believe that had we done the Suck for Luck we would have zero Super Bowls, just like the team that got him. It’s an idiotic thing to even propose. It’s a team sport.

Did you know that during the last game of the season the year that Reggie Bush was coming out of college it was a matchup of the two worst teams in the league and the NFL sent people to the game to make sure that nobody was trying to do anything weird to lose on purpose?

Man, what a weird request by the commissioner for something that only exists in fans' imaginations...

So if I had a choice of a "Suck for Bush" or a "Suck for Luck"

I know which one I'm taking. :rolleyes:

Playing some back ups in the last game of the season to potentially get a higher pick when you are a bottom 2 team is way different then what most people have been talking about with the Dolphins, tanking an entire season. Tanking an entire season is absolutely ridiculous thought process and only exists in fans minds.
Nobody is asking the Dolphin players or coaches to "tank" or lose on purpose. Why does this keep getting brought up?

You know how you organically "tank"? By shedding every veteran contract you can get away with and talk about "youth", skimp in free agency, and give up current season draft picks for ones the following season. All of those moves mean you're going to have a really rough time in the upcoming season, but it's for the greater good. There's literally no difference between that and "tanking" except that "tanking" requires sticking with that approach whole-heartedly and not in half measures, like signing Fitzpatrick who can actually win a meaningless game or two.

That's all I'm expecting from the team. Don't half-ass it. If you're going to hit the reset button, then do it.

Nobody is asking the Dolphin players or coaches to "tank" or lose on purpose. Why does this keep getting brought up?

You know how you organically "tank"? By shedding every veteran contract you can get away with and talk about "youth", skimp in free agency, and give up current season draft picks for ones the following season. All of those moves mean you're going to have a really rough time in the upcoming season, but it's for the greater good. There's literally no difference between that and "tanking" except that "tanking" requires sticking with that approach whole-heartedly and not in half measures, like signing Fitzpatrick who can actually win a meaningless game or two.

That's all I'm expecting from the team. Don't half-*** it. If you're going to hit the reset button, then do it.

Exactly. So it’s not tanking. Teams may do what’s best for the future cap wise and such. But shedding contracts and stuff like that is not a design to lose, ever, in the nfl.

Signing the likes of Fitz is the standard. Teams are always looking for a couple extra wins.

That's all I'm expecting from the team. Don't half-*** it. If you're going to hit the reset button, then do it.

Then unless you're in charge of controling the world dictionary quit trying to re-invent the word "Tank".

Love you guys that get pissy because they cant call it what it is.

There is no such thing as a reset button in football. Stop trying to paint it what it's not because you like the word tank.

We're rebuilding.

Last edited:
Then unless you're in charge of controling the world dictionary quit trying to re-invent the word "Tank".

Love you guys that get pissy because they cant call it what it is.

There is no such thing as a reset button in football. Stop trying to paint it what it's not because you like the word tank.

We're rebuilding.
There's no reset in football?

What the hell did the front office just do this offseason then? What would you call it?

You're arguing semantics and textbook definition of things. Is this a delusion tactic?

There's no reset in football?

What the hell did the front office just do this offseason then? What would you call it?

You're arguing semantics and textbook definition of things. Is this a delusion tactic?

I answered that. It's called rebuild.

Exactly. So it’s not tanking. Teams may do what’s best for the future cap wise and such. But shedding contracts and stuff like that is not a design to lose, ever, in the nfl.

Signing the likes of Fitz is the standard. Teams are always looking for a couple extra wins.
Especially if that shedding is no surprise and people here were looking to dump these players anyways. All these moves they made are no surprise. Well, it is actually a surprise that we have an FO now who actually does it but from a production/contract value: no surprise.

We’re not tanking...were never tanking...and Tua is no sure franchise QB... JMHO...

LOL...Nah...just the B.S. ones

Our spider-senses goes off...

Back
Top Bottom