Well... it's mock draft time. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well... it's mock draft time.

I think we are closer than most think.
Jackson was looking pretty good pre injury... McD was talking him up.
Hunt is better than league average. William's and Armstead are top 5-10.
If Eichenberg or Jones can step up to average, we're good... until injuries strike, but this year, even our reserves all got hurt. Shell... Little... Fisher... Lamm... it was scary.
I know some fans are down on Jackson, but I agree. He was playing noticeable better. His injury particular hurt because I think he could have filled in for Armstead better than others did.

I think McDaniel would be ecstatic if Washington fell to Miami.
Washington will never be a Kelce as a receiver, but he is adequate. He is such a great blocker though. It’s like having another tackle. His length makes him a tough matchup. He is a head taller than most linebackers and safeties. His hands are very good.

View attachment 127965

I would be happy with this.
I'm not as convinced that we need a TE as most here at FH, but I'd be happy with this draft: Charbonnet, Pace, Herbig are all on my short list, and a CB isn't a bad idea late.

I think I'm curious to see what we have with Long and Conner before going to the well. Smythe is decent enough; he just isn't a starter.

Washington will never be a Kelce as a receiver, but he is adequate. He is such a great blocker though. It’s like having another tackle. His length makes him a tough matchup. He is a head taller than most linebackers and safeties. His hands are very good.
His drawback is lack of speed. So, I agree not Kelce. But he could emerge as the best blocking TE in the NFL. I don't think that's a stretch. Agree, strong hands and the size to be a mismatch.

I'm not as convinced that we need a TE as most here at FH, but I'd be happy with this draft: Charbonnet, Pace, Herbig are all on my short list, and a CB isn't a bad idea late.

I think I'm curious to see what we have with Long and Conner before going to the well. Smythe is decent enough; he just isn't a starter.
Conner is really intriguing. Don't know if he can block, but I think he could be a mismatch in the passing game.

At TE they should get a blocking TE since Tua does not really use tight ends, and we have two speed receivers who the offense revolves around. Also, the TE should be nimble after the catch which was the problem with Gesicki who is more a straight line runner and not very nimble. Basically a more traditional TE will do here. I like Payne Durham out of Purdue, depending on athleticism.

I made a post in the main forum about how many RBs drafted in rounds 2-4 in the past few years have become productive starters. I understand we have OL issues, but it makes no sense to me to target lesser prospects when we can’t draft OL to save our lives. A RB like Charbonnet at 51 makes a ton of sense.

I made a post in the main forum about how many RBs drafted in rounds 2-4 in the past few years have become productive starters. I understand we have OL issues, but it makes no sense to me to target lesser prospects when we can’t draft OL to save our lives. A RB like Charbonnet at 51 makes a ton of sense.
My thinking as well. Why draft the 10th best tackle when you can get the 2nd best RB?

Charbonnet is a premium back like Bijon Robinson, but there are other similar backs who could be had later I think, like Zach Evans, Kendre Miller, Tyjae Spears, especially since that RB will share the load with Mostert.

My thinking as well. Why draft the 10th best tackle when you can get the 2nd best RB?

If Dawand Jones is available at 51, I do not think he is 10th best tackle in the class.

Charbonnet is a premium back like Bijon Robinson, but there are other similar backs who could be had later I think, like Zach Evans, Kendre Miller, Tyjae Spears, especially since that RB will share the load with Mostert.

If Dawand Jones is available at 51, I do not think he is 10th best tackle in the class.
Dawand Jones is too big to fit our system. You have to be able to run to play our zone blocking scheme.

Dawand Jones is too big to fit our system. You have to be able to run to play our zone blocking scheme.

We'll see if he tests out. I like his size, he is great for a tackle. And he plays great, hard to beat.

Last edited:
It's kind of strange to me... he looks like a Gesicki type-- who we didn't use much, but they seem to like him.
I can't figure out why.
Seems more like a big receiver to me. Long wasn't used much so I have no idea what they have in him.

Back
Top Bottom