Well Suh's Not Worth $14 Million Either. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well Suh's Not Worth $14 Million Either.

The Ghost

Stamos
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Florio's got on article today on PFT basically saying the Rams knew early on Suh wasn't the player they thought they were getting.

Needless to say there is no questioing the decision to release him.

Would've been nice to have Josh Sitton and Albert Wilson healthy for 16 games.

Solid evaluations were made there.

I watched a few Rams games and was specially trying to pay attention to him. Fact is in the games I saw, he was practically invisible. There was another guy on the line (not Donald) who was being disruptive but Suh’s name was rarely mentioned. I saw him line up at DE as well. I thought he must be tying up the lineman and that’s why Donald was such a wrecking ball but I don’t think that was the case. I suppose he’s just past his prime and perhaps lacking the drive he once had. No doubt he was once (and for us) a completely dominant player - just not that guy anymore. He will still get HOF consideration.

How do his stats compare to other NTs?

He never shoulda been signed by Miami. You don’t pay tackles qb money. Plus we were not one player away. Tannenbaum was all over that. And he wanted Jordan philips. Ugh. Best move of the off season was dumping that contract. Run d sucked with and without him.

Hell, the last year the run d was decent was 2012. That was philibin first year with Coyle. It was showing leakage but still was decent. Then run d fell of cliff in 2013 with wheeler, ellerbe, 2014 it collapsed after gase and the broncos ran it down our throat. 2015 with suh it was awful. 2016 a little better. Last year it was okay in base d but terrible in nickel. And of course this year it’s worse then ever.

He's a major contract on the top seed in the NFC and you guys say he's past his prime? Get real. The guy is a force, demands double coverage and is an absolute beast.

There
He's a major contract on the top seed in the NFC and you guys say he's past his prime? Get real. The guy is a force, demands double coverage and is an absolute beast.

They are a top seed because of their offense.
They have the best d tackle in the game and he can’t take advantage of it. Their run is terrible. Better then ours though lol. Never wanted him, he played okay for us but our d didn’t improve with him overall. That’s just facts. You can look up the defense rankings His contact was massive but he did not make our defense that much better.

Doesn’t mean he didn’t play well for us. Partly was because we didn’t have talent around him. So we shouldn’t have signed him. Like I said we were not a player away from
Elite defense.

It's ok, in all of Davies wisdom, Suh will still be getting game checks next year from Miami HQ.

People say he wasnt worth the money. But while in Miami did his work between the lines and allowed others 1v1 matchups that most could never take advantage of. Then with all that Davie wisdom and FH approval and echo chamber talking points we have the Dolphins run defense go from bad to worse, but hey at least Suh isnt here anymore not being a Gase guy! Or something.

It was a poor decision to pay that contract. Hindsight is great but most ppl viewed it as a player signing that wasn't worth it with the other weaknesses on the team.

That's just not true. Aaron Donald is the beast on that line, and it's not even close. Suh rarely gets doubled because Donald gets most of them. One could argue that Suh isn't even the second best dlineman they have (vs. Brockers). Not saying he sucks, he's just not what you think he is.

It's ok, in all of Davies wisdom, Suh will still be getting game checks next year from Miami HQ.

People say he wasnt worth the money. But while in Miami did his work between the lines and allowed others 1v1 matchups that most could never take advantage of. Then with all that Davie wisdom and FH approval and echo chamber talking points we have the Dolphins run defense go from bad to worse, but hey at least Suh isnt here anymore not being a Gase guy! Or something.

Yep he did get doubled and create one on ones that the players couldn’t take advantage of. Hence, that is why I said we shouldn’t signed him. We were not one player away. Awful contract too. You don’t pay d tackles qb money. And when he signed that was actually what it was back then.

Some of you can’t leave the gase stuff out of any thread. Has nothing to do with him being a gase guy. He shouldn’t have been signed. Lol too much money and we didn’t have enough talent around him. Btw he wasn’t a philibin guy either. Queasy was not too happy when we signed him.

I remember telling my friend Miami signed suh. He said it didn’t matter. Miami didn’t have a coach or qb. Those two are most important. That was all that mattered.

I kind of ignored him. But he was correct.

We had better run d with soliai and starks who didnt even come close to the money Suh got
True. Run d was solid with them especially before wheeler and ellerbe came here. That’s when the flood gates opened. I remember that Tampa game on Monday night 2013. Tampa won 1 game all year. They pounded us with the run. Probably should have kept dansby for another year. Wheeler was awful and ellerbe wasn’t as good as dansby and then lasted one year with us.

Back
Top Bottom