Well that went much better than expected! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well that went much better than expected!

uk_dolfan

Proud Tua Cultist
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Ok yes we lost heavily... Personally I thought we would lose 37-9 (3 field goals from the Dolphins) and yes defeat is painful but I thought we came out of that with some positives.

- Defense did a pretty good job against one of the best offensive teams in the NFL, we looked much better than the off season and we have something to build on

- Bush and Thomas - good game, Bush did well in the first half and was a good option all game, Thomas played well and was unlucky to give the ball away for a turnover when he got hurt but that is understandable.

-Special teams- Thingpen looks like a pretty damn good punt returner!

-Quarterback - Yes Tannehill made mistakes, yes this cost us badly. However have a look at how Andrew Luck and Weeden played today, rookies make mistakes - deal with it. Putting the mistakes aside I thought Tannehill did well (especially early on) against a very good Texan side and as far as im concerned while he is far from the finished product he proved today that he can be a good qb in this league,

Today we were badly beaten by a side much better than we are, we will get slaughtered from the Glory fans and from the media, but as far as im concerned it wasn't all bad and was better than I expected, if we can cut out the turnovers we can win games especially with our running game (some receivers wouldn't hurt though).

Just my 2p....

However Richie Incognito needs to stop giving the other team 10 yard penalties! As if 10 yards isnt hard enough for a rookie qb!

Way too early to panic. Luck didn't play so great either and Vick has at least 3 interceptions with more that should have been. Without the four turnover difference it would have been a close game. Young team... lots to learn. I'm just looking for improvement.

Starks and Misi had solid games. Misi seemed to be all over racking up double digit tackles, and Starks had a nice multi sack game. Not many positives but those are two that arent being talked about.

Back
Top Bottom