Well then, my case for Herbert | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well then, my case for Herbert

Padrefinfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Even in saying this, I am still a fan of filling the lines first with this draft. I am biased (of course) but also realistic. Justin Herbert certainly has his ups and downs. He is an elite QB with all of the tools and characteristics you want in a QB. He reminds me so much of Fitzbeard it is unbelievable. Herbert was the academic Heisman winner. So both are very smart. Herbert has a way better set of skills. They both are gunslingers with grit that can run tough. I think Fitz can teach Herbert and mold him into a very good QB. In turn, Herbert can learn so very much from watching him. Of course I would love to see Herbert wearing aqua and orange....the same as I would love to see Thibodeaux doing the same in a couple years! But it would be a really good fit imo. That said, I still want to fill in the lines and D backfield. I have all the faith in the world that Flores and staff will make the best decision regarding this team. Even if they believe Rosen is the man going forward. Hell, while I might cry if they gamble on Tua...I would be ok with that as well.

Last edited:
He may be the most physically gifted guy in the class, if you combined his physical traits with Fromms' mental game and mastery of offense that guy would be transcendent.

I am glad I do not need to make the decision, though I will say this staff and FO has built up one hell of a smoke screen. We are all over the place as far as our speculation.

If Tua doesn't declare, I honestly think Miami will chose one of Herbert or Love with pick #5. I'm not totally against that, like I would be picking Fromm. There is a lot to like about Herbert, just needs a lot of polishing, same goes with Love.

The thing that hurt them both so much, was not having peeps to throw to. I have watched both a lot this year and the drops were killing me!

Last edited:
oregon avatar and georgia avatar lol.

I watched both games and saw nothing in Herbert that seemed appealing. Fromm? I used to like him a lot, and he looked fine last night. Another year in college to get some things worked out might help him out.

I think that if you liked Josh Allen coming out then you probably like Herbert. I liked Josh Allen the best of his QB class including Mayfield and Darnold, and I like him even more now. There were plenty of questions about Allen coming out- both he and Herbert have tons of ability, including the best arms in their class (imo) and the ability to move for really big QBs. I'd roll the bones on Herbert, and if we don't take him I think he's gone by the next pick, unless the Chargers trade up from that pick to get him sooner.

the knock on Herbert i keep hearing is his personality, saying hes not much of a leader. He looked like he had a good personality yesterday, he just didnt have great numbers.

I think that if you liked Josh Allen coming out then you probably like Herbert. I liked Josh Allen the best of his QB class including Mayfield and Darnold, and I like him even more now. There were plenty of questions about Allen coming out- both he and Herbert have tons of ability, including the best arms in their class (imo) and the ability to move for really big QBs. I'd roll the bones on Herbert, and if we don't take him I think he's gone by the next pick, unless the Chargers trade up from that pick to get him sooner.
Both are incredibly gifted. Allen more athletic while Herbert is overall more accurate. Both inconsistent

Both are incredibly gifted. Allen more athletic while Herbert is overall more accurate. Both inconsistent
Agreed, but Herbert had some impressive runs yesterday, showed some speed and athletic ability, especially for a 6-6 240 lb QB. Allen isn't Lamar Jackson athletically, but he's a special QB in that regard especially given his size.

I don't think Herbert is anything like Ryan Fitzpatrick. I question Herbert's leadership ability. Players seem to rally around Fitzpatrick and I don't see that same trait with Herbert. I want to really like Herbert because of his physical abilities but we really need a strong leader to be the face of this franchise, not sure Herbert is that guy.

I believe Allen is a much more aggressive player and person and that to me is what separates the two. With a GREATLY improved OL I could live with Herbert handing the ball off to Derrick Henry in Miami next year.:lol: I’m not in love with the idea though.

No thank you! We don't need anyone, particuliarly, at the QB position that's being called out for "not loving football and putting in the extra work!"

Back
Top Bottom