Wells signs 2 year deal, Jay Willaims picked up | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wells signs 2 year deal, Jay Willaims picked up

King Felix

live it up have no worries
Reaction score
Bonzi Wells, the last significant free-agent talent on the market, agreed to a two-year, $5 million deal with the Houston Rockets on Wednesday, according to his agent.

Wells holds a player option for the second year and fully plans to re-enter the free agent market next summer.
"This isn't about the money, this is about being in the right place," said Wells' agent, Merle Scott of BDA Sports.
After turning down a five-year, $36 million offer from the Sacramento Kings last month, Wells fired his agent, Bill Phillips, and hired Scott a few weeks ago. Attempts to work a sign-and-trade that might've allowed Wells to match or improve the Kings' offer failed because Sacramento refused to take back any salaries after signing John Salmons with the money refused by Wells.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2605639

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Three years after a motorcycle accident put his fledgling career in jeopardy, Jay Williams is getting a chance to return to the NBA with the New Jersey Nets.
Williams signed a contract with the Nets on Thursday, giving him the right to attend training camp and try out for the team.
Contract terms were not immediately available, but the deal is not guaranteed.
"I would love for it to happen here," Williams said. "I pray to God it does. But if it doesn't, I'll have to go from there."
With Jason Kidd being the Nets' starting point guard and Marcus Williams, the team's first-round draft pick, expected to be his backup, Williams is a bit of a long shot to make the team.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2606187

305TillIDie said:
great to see Jay Williams picked up by a team..hopefully he can restart his career healthy and make some team one day

:sidelol: Love the sig.

305TillIDie said:
great to see Jay Williams picked up by a team..hopefully he can restart his career healthy and make some team one day
he grew up around the corner from me, never met him though. I'm happy he's getting another chance.

Awesome. Bonzi kept his word alright. It surely isn't about money. That's good.

Turned down a 5 year 36 million dollar contract for a 2 year 5 million dollar contract.

Not to mention, he was lights out in the playoffs.

305TillIDie said:

Hopefully he is good NJ doesnt need him, he lives up to his potential in Miami as the point guard while J-Will is out :lol:

Vertical Limit said:
Awesome. Bonzi kept his word alright. It surely isn't about money. That's good.

Turned down a 5 year 36 million dollar contract for a 2 year 5 million dollar contract.

Not to mention, he was lights out in the playoffs.

Right....so thats why he fired his agent after he realized the Kings took the deal off the table. Wells didn't turn down the offer, the Kings decided to use the money to sign Salmons instead when Bonzi couldn't decide whether he wanted more or not. He took the 5 mil because noone would give him any more. Riley would of offered more but Arison is forcing him to stay below the luxury tax limit....so the max he could offer was the vet min (1.2 mil). The only team that offered more was the Bobcats, and they don't have much of a shot at winning anything.

Alex44 said:
Hopefully he is good NJ doesnt need him, he lives up to his potential in Miami as the point guard while J-Will is out :lol:

We have to live with the other NJ castoff. The only tarheel I detest....McInnis.

Back
Top Bottom