We're Looking for a Moderator...

FinHeavenAJ

FinHeaven Lives
Reaction score
Alright people, as everyone can tell, the boards are getting a little busy. 39, 87 and I have agreed, we are in need of another moderator for this specific forum.

The following are what a moderator does:

1. Keep the forums active (pretty easy in Reg. Season)
  2. Keep topics in proper forum (this is a Dolphin talk forum only)
  3. Keep people in-line... if you see people violating TOS, simply ask them to cool down...
  4. Keep SPAM away... (more on this when you become a Mod :))
  5. Most importantly: Be your normal posting self :)
    [/list=1]

In order to be a moderator:
    1. Be active in the community (this DOES not mean you have to have a million posts)
    2. Knowledge (not a trivia fanatic... but you know what I mean;))
    3. Willingness to help others
    4. Most importantly, you must be mature... that should be an obvious.
      [/list=1]

If 39, 984, 06, or 87 have any other opinions or thoughts, just post them in this thread. Furthermore, if you're a moderator of any forum, post your thoughts as well.

Anyways, lets get this kicked off. If you want to become a moderator, post here and let me know. Once we get a group of names, I will consult with the other Admins & Mods to get their thoughts.

The final step comes when we have our top three choices; we will set up a poll of those top three for you, the users, to vote for your moderator.

Alright... let the Moderator Games Begin! :cool: :lol:

PS: If you have ANY questions, please post them here... and I will gladly answer them for you.

FinHeavenAJ

FinHeaven Lives
Reaction score
Originally posted by skippysphins
ineed to know more
Whatever is on your mind, please let me know. There are quite a few aspects of moderating... and it mostly goes by experience.

Here are a few other thoughts that came into my mind about moderating:

1. Merge common topic threads (like two "We signed LB XYZ" would make no sense, so make it one thread)
  2. One thing about moderating, it is not a one man job. Thus, try not to conflict with what another moderator has done. For example, if 39 merges a thread, don't "split" that thread. Furthermore, if you are unsure about a certain thread, and think that it could turn into an off topic thread, but don't know what action to take, simply press the "Report this post to the moderator" link.
    [/list=1]

Thats all I can think about, but as I said before... if you have any specific questions, just let me know. :eat:

iceblizzard69

Hammered
Reaction score
I would like to become a moderator. I have been posting here for some time and check out all the NFL related forums and The Lounge every day.

bigbry

Want some?
Reaction score
"Most importantly: Be your normal posting self "---AJ

Nope, would'nt work. I'd have to ban myself. :lol:

BB

Capt. Dick

Deep Sea Wanderer
Reaction score
Originally posted by bigbry
"Most importantly: Be your normal posting self "---AJ

Nope, would'nt work. I'd have to ban myself. :lol:

BB

LMAO!!....I`m in the same boat, bry.

bigbry

Want some?
Reaction score
Originally posted by Capt. Dick

LMAO!!....I`m in the same boat, bry.
And besides that Capt we are far to ruthless, condesending, back-stabing, and down right unfair...... Hey wait a minute! we've been to other boards with mods like that. Maybe we should reconsider.
I think we need one of those around here, take out the trash, beat um up in the alley, steal the guys dog kind of mod. :)

BB

Capt. Dick

Deep Sea Wanderer
Reaction score
Originally posted by bigbry

And besides that Capt we are far to ruthless, condesending, back-stabing, and down right unfair...... Hey wait a minute! we've been to other boards with mods like that. Maybe we should reconsider.
I think we need one of those around here, take out the trash, beat um up in the alley, steal the guys dog kind of mod. :)

BB

I think you and I are better suited for the other room. :lol:

If I were a mod, I`d get pissed off and ban all but about 17 members. :D :lol:

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
If 39, 984, 06, or 87 have any other opinions or thoughts, just post them in this thread. Furthermore, if you're a moderator of any forum, post your thoughts as well.
I would add to the list of "what a moderator does", but that is me: merge threads on the same subject together so that people do not have repeat themselves over and over again. Otherwise, perfect AJ :D

FinHeavenAJ

FinHeaven Lives
Reaction score
It's as time consuming as you want it to be. You go by how often you come to the boards regularly... however, you're just gonna take on a few minutes to get whatever needs to be done... done... like... um merging, moving, etc etc.

Thats a kinda hard question... lol...

Top Bottom