We're Looking for a Moderator... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We're Looking for a Moderator...

FinHeavenAJ

FinHeaven Lives
Reaction score
Alright people, as everyone can tell, the boards are getting a little busy. 39, 87 and I have agreed, we are in need of another moderator for this specific forum.

The following are what a moderator does:

1. Keep the forums active (pretty easy in Reg. Season)
  2. Keep topics in proper forum (this is a Dolphin talk forum only)
  3. Keep people in-line... if you see people violating TOS, simply ask them to cool down...
  4. Keep SPAM away... (more on this when you become a Mod :))
  5. Most importantly: Be your normal posting self :)
    [/list=1]

In order to be a moderator:
    1. Be active in the community (this DOES not mean you have to have a million posts)
    2. Knowledge (not a trivia fanatic... but you know what I mean;))
    3. Willingness to help others
    4. Most importantly, you must be mature... that should be an obvious.
      [/list=1]

If 39, 984, 06, or 87 have any other opinions or thoughts, just post them in this thread. Furthermore, if you're a moderator of any forum, post your thoughts as well.

Anyways, lets get this kicked off. If you want to become a moderator, post here and let me know. Once we get a group of names, I will consult with the other Admins & Mods to get their thoughts.

The final step comes when we have our top three choices; we will set up a poll of those top three for you, the users, to vote for your moderator.

Alright... let the Moderator Games Begin! :cool: :lol:

PS: If you have ANY questions, please post them here... and I will gladly answer them for you.

Originally posted by skippysphins
ineed to know more

Whatever is on your mind, please let me know. There are quite a few aspects of moderating... and it mostly goes by experience.

Here are a few other thoughts that came into my mind about moderating:

1. Merge common topic threads (like two "We signed LB XYZ" would make no sense, so make it one thread)
  2. One thing about moderating, it is not a one man job. Thus, try not to conflict with what another moderator has done. For example, if 39 merges a thread, don't "split" that thread. Furthermore, if you are unsure about a certain thread, and think that it could turn into an off topic thread, but don't know what action to take, simply press the "Report this post to the moderator" link.
    [/list=1]

Thats all I can think about, but as I said before... if you have any specific questions, just let me know. :eat:

I would like to become a moderator. I have been posting here for some time and check out all the NFL related forums and The Lounge every day.

"Most importantly: Be your normal posting self "---AJ

Nope, would'nt work. I'd have to ban myself. :lol:

BB

Originally posted by bigbry
"Most importantly: Be your normal posting self "---AJ

Nope, would'nt work. I'd have to ban myself. :lol:

BB

LMAO!!....I`m in the same boat, bry.

Ice doesn't have enough posts to be a mod.

;)

Originally posted by Capt. Dick

LMAO!!....I`m in the same boat, bry.

And besides that Capt we are far to ruthless, condesending, back-stabing, and down right unfair...... Hey wait a minute! we've been to other boards with mods like that. Maybe we should reconsider.
I think we need one of those around here, take out the trash, beat um up in the alley, steal the guys dog kind of mod. :)

BB

Originally posted by bigbry

And besides that Capt we are far to ruthless, condesending, back-stabing, and down right unfair...... Hey wait a minute! we've been to other boards with mods like that. Maybe we should reconsider.
I think we need one of those around here, take out the trash, beat um up in the alley, steal the guys dog kind of mod. :)

BB

I think you and I are better suited for the other room. :lol:

If I were a mod, I`d get pissed off and ban all but about 17 members. :D :lol:

Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
If 39, 984, 06, or 87 have any other opinions or thoughts, just post them in this thread. Furthermore, if you're a moderator of any forum, post your thoughts as well.

I would add to the list of "what a moderator does", but that is me: merge threads on the same subject together so that people do not have repeat themselves over and over again. Otherwise, perfect AJ :D

It's as time consuming as you want it to be. You go by how often you come to the boards regularly... however, you're just gonna take on a few minutes to get whatever needs to be done... done... like... um merging, moving, etc etc.

Thats a kinda hard question... lol...

Back
Top Bottom