Were We really 4-12 Bad Last Year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Were We really 4-12 Bad Last Year?

dolfan87

The Human Bullet
Reaction score
With Jay at QB we were an over .500 club every year. Last season we flip flopped the QB situation, never giving one single guy the majority of starting reps. We lost Ricky, and it seems like Wannstedt lost focus of this entire team, and the whole thing imploded.

After AJ got the starting nod, and Bates tightened up the coaching, we improved, especially along the O line.

My question to you is this: With Saban tightening the screws, adding some depth along both the O line, and D line, a new coach for the O line, and (I am assuming he is going to hit on a running back in the draft) a stud at RB, why can't we improve to 9-7, or 10-6 this season?

We still have an outstanding defense, and with a brand new system, it won't be so easy for our opponents to guess what we're going to do. The flip side of that is we will be prone to mistakes because the system is new...but what do you think?

I say 10-6.

What say you?

We were worse then a 4-12 team until Wanny got canned after Week 9. I felt we played more like an 8-8 team by the end of the year under Bates and while I think Saban will make us special, I don't know if it will happen this year. My goal is 8-8 this year and anything more will be a bonus.

We weren't as bad as 4-12 made us seem. In the beginning we were horrible, but we were twice as good by the end. A couple of those games were closer than the score might have shown. I see no reason why we can't be a winning team next year. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but I'll be somewhat disappointed if we're not, because I think the chance is there.

I'm gonna wait until after the draft to make my official prediction(although it means jack). If we get a big time RB and our oline improves while Feeley plays mediocre we could be 9-7 or 10-6. Everything has to gel together though. As long as we show some improvement from last season I'll be happy. So for now, just going on what we've done so far my prediction is 7-9. After the draft I'm sure it will change :wink:.

I truly believe we could have been 7-9 to 8-8 if Chester and Bowens hadn't been hurt.

Nublar7 said:
We were worse then a 4-12 team until Wanny got canned after Week 9. I felt we played more like an 8-8 team by the end of the year under Bates and while I think Saban will make us special, I don't know if it will happen this year. My goal is 8-8 this year and anything more will be a bonus.

Agreed, once Bates came in we started to become a team playing together. If Bates took over long before of what he did, we could of became a team that was about 2-3 wins away from the playoffs.

The reason we lost so many games last year, other then wannstedt being coach, is because our team seemed to just give up hope in the third and fourth quarter. (this shows bad coaching at halftime)

We did alot of good stuff last year, but ended up losing in the end, which was the most frustrating thing. This stems from Wannys idea of winning as control for the first half and let the defense win the game.

With Linehans aggressive offense, Sabans take away defense, I dont see how we can do any worse then nine wins.

we lost games because teams ran over us.. they wouldn't have been doing that if Bowens and Chester was playing. We were, IMO, the best 4-12 team ever - wow, thats something to be proud of.

We were 4-12 and 2 of our wins came over SF and Cleveland. We were 4-12, and probably worse. Got lucky with a couple schedule breaks.

people think that we were very bad, at 4-12 it's hard to disagree, but last year the coaching was a complete mess, the whole Ricky thing affected this team whether they admit it or not, not to mention all the cancelled practices, and postponed games due to all the hurricanes, i hate excuses, and im not aking them, but it is hard to overlook all of these things that went on, this team is solid and will be out to prove alot, they will be well coached, and the record will be alot better, i am going to predict playoffs, possibly wild card, but im betting were getting in!

No we werent. Other then the Jets Monday night game we were pretty much in every game. There were 2 or 3 plays in each game that if we could have made or not made our record would have been so much better. I think this team will surprise alot of people this year. If we can get the qb play just to play within the game and try not to force the issue we will have great success. Our defense still is there, they just need that extra to make a key stop in the game every now and then. I think a 9 or 10 win season is not out of the question.

the record says it all. The season ended when our only PB offensive player left. Except ag St Louis, we played like a 2nd tier team.

Doktor Ivel said:
i think we will go to the playoffs this year
unfortunately, that is a bit of a stretch.

If we were in the NFC west, as it was last year, I might agree but we'll be around .500 IMO.

finsnchips said:
unfortunately, that is a bit of a stretch.

If we were in the NFC west, as it was last year, I might agree but we'll be around .500 IMO.

NFC West? Wasnt San Fran second place there? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom