Wes Welker is Jim Jenson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wes Welker is Jim Jenson

aribeng

Practice Squad
Reaction score
First thread ever - don\'t all pounce at once. Here\'s a question: Has anybody else noticed that Wes Welker is the latest incarnation of Jim Jensen? Neither is/was the tallest, fastest, most skilled player in the world, but can anyone deny that 1) they leave it all out on the field 2) work their a**es off, have an uncanny ability to be in the right place at the right time on 3rd downs and 3) bring a ton of versatility to the team?? Personally, I\'m shocked that some people in other threads are saying Welker isn\'t a #3 receiver. I don\'t care what he is. But he should be on our team. Every team needs a guy like Wes (and Jim Jensen!) Anyone who plays as hard as he does should be welcomed by fans. And it\'s not like the guy has NO talent. He was pretty much the lone bright spot in a dark and dismal season. Half the time, he seemed like the only guy out there who cared. Speaking of which, I hate Notre Dame, but have to admit that the play of Jeff Smarzda (too lazy to look up real spelling) is the type that makes a difference in the NFL. Too many people look at combine numbers. I\'d urge talent evaluators to sit back and just watch the games. The guys who make the plays are the ones with good hands, a knack for getting open and an insatiable enthusiasm to play.

Agreed. Heart and toughness are two attributes that get overlooked because they are not measurable, such as 40 times, vertical jump, etc. I'd go to war w/ Welker any day of the week. Not a 3rd reciever? He was our best receiver this year, or atleast the most dependable.

First thread ever - don\'t all pounce at once. Here\'s a question: Has anybody else noticed that Wes Welker is the latest incarnation of Jim Jensen? Neither is/was the tallest, fastest, most skilled player in the world, but can anyone deny that 1) they leave it all out on the field 2) work their a**es off, have an uncanny ability to be in the right place at the right time on 3rd downs and 3) bring a ton of versatility to the team?? Personally, I\'m shocked that some people in other threads are saying Welker isn\'t a #3 receiver. I don\'t care what he is. But he should be on our team. Every team needs a guy like Wes (and Jim Jensen!) Anyone who plays as hard as he does should be welcomed by fans. And it\'s not like the guy has NO talent. He was pretty much the lone bright spot in a dark and dismal season. Half the time, he seemed like the only guy out there who cared. Speaking of which, I hate Notre Dame, but have to admit that the play of Jeff Smarzda (too lazy to look up real spelling) is the type that makes a difference in the NFL. Too many people look at combine numbers. I\'d urge talent evaluators to sit back and just watch the games. The guys who make the plays are the ones with good hands, a knack for getting open and an insatiable enthusiasm to play.

Totally agree, but the girls you refer to dont have much football knowledge and havent watched one game that Welker played in...Welker is one of the best players on this team...Case and Point

I like him and I think he had a very good year especially the not fumbling thing. He's had big trouble with that in the past. He is an unrestricted free agent I think. Someone is going to give him a big chunk of money but I don't see it being us. We have a couple of very cheap alternatives at kick returns in Vick and Mitchell. I think we are going to see some new personnel at WR. Booker is due a huge pay raise and Chambers time may be up in Miami.

I dont think fan favorites get free passes to make a team. This is the NFL and although I like Wes and his big heart, this is a business and there are better #3 WRs out there, and there are better KRs that would do better than 28th in the league.

Screw Wes Welker We Need Better Talent Then Him On Offense Get Rid Of This Bumb!!! PLUS I SEEN ALOT OF MUFFED PUNTS FROM WES WELKER AND COST US A GAME GET RID OF HIM!!!

Screw Wes Welker We Need Better Talent Then Him On Offense Get Rid Of This Bumb!!! PLUS I SEEN ALOT OF MUFFED PUNTS FROM WES WELKER AND COST US A GAME GET RID OF HIM!!!

:shakeno: Totally clueless...Watch at least two games please...thanks bratha

I have a lot of respect for Wes Welker but you can not compare him to crash.Jim Jensen could play QB,WR,RB ect. ect.Jensen was a true utility man.NO COMPARISON.

:shakeno: Totally clueless...Watch at least two games please...thanks bratha

I WATCHED THE GAMES AND I SEEN HIM MUFF A COUPLE PUNT RETURNS ONE COST US THE GAME THIS YEAR!!! I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!! PLUS HE ISNT GOOD ENOUGH....WE NEED PLAY MAKERS....GET RID OF BOOKER TOO!!!

I have a lot of respect for Wes Welker but you can not compare him to crash.Jim Jensen could play QB,WR,RB ect. ect.Jensen was a true utility man.NO COMPARISON.

Yes but could he play Kicker too :D

ya, didn't that get him a ton of brownie points with the fans. Too bad it doesn't help his talent.

I WATCHED THE GAMES AND I SEEN HIM MUFF A COUPLE PUNT RETURNS ONE COST US THE GAME THIS YEAR!!! I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!! PLUS HE ISNT GOOD ENOUGH....WE NEED PLAY MAKERS....GET RID OF BOOKER TOO!!!

which game? And show the proof too...Go fetch the play by play off game center. good luck finding the ONE punt he supposedly muffed all year :cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom