West coast? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

West coast?

fins_rock

Scout Team
Reaction score
I've heard that the offense Alex Smith ran in college is very similar to what we will run this year, but what about the offense Rogers ran at Cal? I've heard it is more of a West coast offense they ran at Cal. So why wouldn't Tampa want a QB that already runs a similar offense?

I am really high on Smith however, what about Rogers is so terrible? Why would he slide so far if SF doesn't pick him? Why doesn't he have the same trade value?:confused:

The whole Tedford factor. Most Tedford coached QBs havent done anything. Harrington and so forth. Knock on Smith though is the Utah offense was ran mostly out of the shotgun. Scouts wonder if he can drop back and read the D. He also is thin and Rodgers is too I believe.

motioncityhifi said:
The whole Tedford factor. Most Tedford coached QBs havent done anything. Harrington and so forth. Knock on Smith though is the Utah offense was ran mostly out of the shotgun. Scouts wonder if he can drop back and read the D. He also is thin and Rodgers is too I believe.

Now I was just thinking about this, and it dosn't make much sense. Aaron is knocked because he is a Tedford boy, yet the fact that Smith was the leader of a spread, passing based, gimmick offense dosn't more or less even that aspect out? I would rather take a chance on the guy who has at least ran a pro style offense successfully, not that I think either will be particuarly spectacular.

how does everyone know that Alex Smith can play in a regular offense? Wasn't his offense like 75% shotgun?

The offense at Utah is messed up. It is a insanely pass-heavy enterprise that may have been decieving. That said, this doesn't take anything away from his phsyical skills. In the end, neither of these guys are sure things. It's a crapshoot if we pick up wither one of them, like is always is with draft QBs.

Back
Top Bottom