West To Knicks? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

West To Knicks?

alen1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Three people with ties to Jerry West told Newsday yesterday that the Hall of Famer would be interested in running the Knicks if the job were offered to him. A current executive said that although West has confided that he's not sure he wants to run another franchise now, "It wouldn't surprise me. He's such an A-type personality. It's hard for him to sit on the sidelines and not be involved."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-spknix0321,0,1092565.story

It couldn't be worse than Isaiah, and it's quite frank that whether it's going to be Kiki or Donnie Walsh or Jerry West that it wont be Isaiah running the Knicks into the ground anymore.

Jerry's too old to deal with the nonsense in NY.

Wow That would be a huge headache for West. I wonder if he could do it....

As a Lakers fan, I don't like the thought of Jerry helping the Knicks. But as a Jerry West fan, I wish him nothing short of doing exactly what he wants to do. I have no doubt in my mind that West could turn the Knicks into a playoff team, especially in the East.

And if he does, he should win G.M. of the decade.

I wouldnt mind west though he didnt do a great job in memphis. The guys I really want the Knicks to get is the Coangelo's

I wouldnt mind west though he didnt do a great job in memphis. The guys I really want the Knicks to get is the Coangelo's

West did a good job in Memphis IMO.

He took over a team that was absolute trash and built them into a team that won over 50 games and made the playoffs for three years in a row.

West did a good job in Memphis IMO.

He took over a team that was absolute trash and built them into a team that won over 50 games and made the playoffs for three years in a row.

He also got screwed at the LeBron draft as he was supposed to get a top three pick (Bron, Melo, Wade) and ended up having the balls bounce against him and wound up with Marcus Banks way down at 13. They ended up trading Banks and Kendrick Perkins to Boston and both of those players are actually pretty good players for the teams they play for now (Celtics and Heat).

If nothing else, West will dig them out of their horrible contract/lack of talent vacuum they are in and right the ship for whoever comes after him to finish off.

He also got screwed at the LeBron draft as he was supposed to get a top three pick (Bron, Melo, Wade) and ended up having the balls bounce against him and wound up with Marcus Banks way down at 13. They ended up trading Banks and Kendrick Perkins to Boston and both of those players are actually pretty good players for the teams they play for now (Celtics and Heat).

If nothing else, West will dig them out of their horrible contract/lack of talent vacuum they are in and right the ship for whoever comes after him to finish off.

Yeah the Pistons used that pick and got Darko though :lol:

Yeah the Pistons used that pick and got Darko though :lol:

Hey dont talk about my boy Darko in shame. I know him personally lol. Funny thing, he said that he would mess around for his first two years of his deal in Memphis and then his final year, he would try his best so he can get a deal. Gotta love those Serbs, they are the laziest athletes to play any game.....thats why im Bosnian :).

Yeah Coangelo is a hell of a GM. He has a really good eye for talent especially overseas. Some of you might say he screwed up on Bargnani but Bargnani is still young and once he gets his body built up, he could be special. He could be like a Dirk to them.

Back
Top Bottom