What 5 players would you expose ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What 5 players would you expose ?

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
to the Texan's expansion draft on 2/18 ? not sure of the specific, but I assume you can choose free agents so here goes:
  1. JJJ - good riddence
  2. Tim Bowens - contract too large - unless we renegotiate before hand
  3. James McKnight - let the Texans have him and his stone hands
  4. Heath Irwin - who cares ?
  5. Alonso Mayes - will he ever really play ? TE version of Yatil Green
    [/list=1]

I can agree with all of them except TIM BOWENS!! Tim is one of the MOST UNDERRATED Defensive tackles in the league!!! Since Gardener's injury, he has taken on numerous double and triple teams! I would put MIXON there instead!!

Originally posted by dolphan39
to the Texan's expansion draft on 2/18 ? not sure of the specific, but I assume you can choose free agents so here goes:
  1. JJJ - good riddence
    [/list=1]

1. I would put Gardener over Bowens.

I would keep Gardner, he plays with much more intensity then Bowens, the last time I saw Bowens hussle was a......wait Ill get it....almost there...o nevermind I can't remember the last time he hussled.

I would also agree with you on those 5 except for T.Bowens. He had a bad year so its a good time for him to restructure his contract. However i would throw OGDEN in there for Bowens!

Bowens should deffinitly be unprotected, but the Texans won't take him. His contract is worth 8mill this season, who would pay 8mill for an injury prone overated DT? Gardner is much more athletic and creates more problems for the oppsoing o-line, but with our luck he is injury prone as well.

Originally posted by dolphan39
  1. JJJ - good riddence
    [/list=1]

1. Mayes and JJJ almost certainly will be left unprotected. The other three have bigger contracts and might be left unprotected but its doubtful that any of them would be picked. If the Texans hold true to the form of the expansion drafts past, they will avoid the high priced vets at all costs and go after the players who are pine ponying it and are cheap. Thats not always the case, but more often than not, the high priced players are left untouched.

I agree with your list except I would expose Perry over Bowens. I wasn't overly impressed with him this year!

We can't expose Ogden either because he's a UFA also.

4 guys are ok...

but Bowens i'm not sure... I think the Texans could pick him up even thought his salary is pretty high. Then, Houston could pick Henderson or Bryant and have a great tandem for a couple of years. With the results of Washington & Traylor in Chi-Town, Capers might try to install a defensive oriented team (like in Carolina a few years ago).

Then if Houston pick him and Gardener his not returning, we're toasted!!! I don't hate Grant & Haley but there's no way we can afford to lose both...

plus, we need some OL, a QB and a RB in the Draft so we cannot afford to take a DT with our 1st or 3rd rounder....

I wouldn't expose any players.....

because A): they might kick my ass, and B):we would all get arrested for exposure.:goof:

Re: 4 guys are ok...

Originally posted by QuebecFinsFan
but Bowens i'm not sure... I think the Texans could pick him up even thought his salary is pretty high. Then, Houston could pick Henderson or Bryant and have a great tandem for a couple of years. With the results of Washington & Traylor in Chi-Town, Capers might try to install a defensive oriented team (like in Carolina a few years ago).

Then if Houston pick him and Gardener his not returning, we're toasted!!! I don't hate Grant & Haley but there's no way we can afford to lose both...

plus, we need some OL, a QB and a RB in the Draft so we cannot afford to take a DT with our 1st or 3rd rounder....

But if Tim doesn't accept a pay cut we will lose him anyway. I guarnte his contract will be the first 1 looked upon when trying to gain some room under the cap. Everyone needs to understand that as of today we are over the cap, so some are going to get the axe.

Dajesus....

it's true that Tim is overpaid and must accept a pay cut cuz we desperatly need some cap room... But we need to try to keep him (at a lower salary). We can afford to spend a high pick on a DT when we're weak at other position...

I think it depends on Gardener status by the time of the expension draft.

Don't know about you but i'd rather pay ~5 million $ to Bowens (with possible restructuration...) than 5 million $ to Jay!!! :rolleyes:

OK - let's assume that Bowens restructures, then we need to expose. Gardener is better than Tim Bo, but could play his last game at any time.

P.S. Ogden is a UFA - so he is not eligible I think. Whoops so is Mayes (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2064)

1. JJJ - good riddence
  2. James McKnight - let the Texans have him and his stone hands
  3. Heath Irwin - who cares ?
  4. Tim Bowens - contract too large - if we re-negotiate beforehand, then Cesario ( he s/b eligible)
  5. Robert Baker ( he s/b eligible)
    [/list=1]

Back
Top Bottom