What a Heat/Nets battle!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What a Heat/Nets battle!!

SuavePhin

Resident Montana Griz pimp for Miami :)
Reaction score
:eek: Holy what a slugfest of a game, whew glad Miami eeked it out, Zo and Haslem came through big at the end w/ those offensive rebounds

What does Dwyane Wade have to do to get a damn reach in called on Carter, Jefferson, or Kidd? My goodness.

The Heat played an awful game tonight, IMO. Talk about winning a game you don't deserve to win, but we won't win like this against good teams, luckily this is the first round. Wade had an off night and turned the ball over like a high schooler, but there were a lot of uncalled reach in's, but he still should've played at a more controlled pace. To his credit, he fought hard, rebounded well, got to the line/hit his free throws and found his teammates. But he has to stop turning the ball over so much. Shaq didn't do anything until OT, but I thought he came up nicely in the end.

MAJOR props to Udonis Haslem. Like I said time & time again throughout the season, Haslem never gives up on a play and is one of the most respected players by me to say the least. If you don't like Udonis Haslem, you're an idiot.

Again, Zo scored 0 points & picked up 3 boards....however, if he wasn't on this team, the end of the game would've of been as easy. No way in hell Shaq dives out to the perimeter and fights off 2 guys for a loose ball, and that was probably the biggest rebound of the game. EJ has been great in the playoffs so far, but NEVER expect to count on him in the clutch. LOL, I like EJ, I really do. I just dislike his contract & how he performs in the clutch.

Good win & nice effort at the end, but I'll say this again...SVG needs to get his team up for games like this.

Nets are a joke

You're right X-Con, the HEAT didn't deserve to win this game. It's one of those games where you are happy you are playing the new jersey nets. None of those players are clutch in my opinion. Not even Vince Carter....on that game winning play where he got lucky and got the Allan Houston roll (I wanted to vomit btw even before Marv mentioned that)...he had two other chances on that SAME POSSESSION. He, like other players on that team (maybe with the exception of Kristic) cant hit an open jumper for the life of them. If they made a few more jumpers...game 3 goes to Jersey. Good thing it's the nets, the HEAT wont get giftwrapped games from Detroit.

eddie j's d was a huge difference tonight - can't believe he missed those 2 free throws - i can't figure this guy out - he has had all the makings of a superstar but i guess when it comes down to it, he just isn't - like x says, still like him though and he has a big role on this team - we stole one tonight - the heat did just enough of the little things to win

The Nets have to be the DUMBEST team in league history. Charles Barkley is right on. Shaquille O'Neal picked up his 5th foul within the first minute of the first OT. And what does New Jersey do? Shoot three's. What a bunch of idiots, and on every possession in both OT's it seemed as if the plays were designed to take three's. Take the ball to the basket and get Shaq out of there.

We tried to giftwrap this game and give it to them, but they just didn't want it. Missed FTs, turnovers, poor rebounding, poor choice of shots all down the stretch. But I guess that's why their the 8th seed. They had the game and let it go. Not only did Shaq have 5 fouls, but they were ice cold from the 3 all game long. They had missed like 19 of 21 3s or something like that going into the 4th.

I'm glad we won, but we're gonna have to play better than that on the road to beat a team like Detroit.

d-day said:
eddie j's d was a huge difference tonight - can't believe he missed those 2 free throws - i can't figure this guy out - he has had all the makings of a superstar but i guess when it comes down to it, he just isn't - like x says, still like him though and he has a big role on this team - we stole one tonight - the heat did just enough of the little things to win

Eddie's just a great, classy guy and I feel bad because I hated on him for so long because of his contract, rather than putting that blame on Riley/Pfund. Finally, he's being appreciated. He's the most consistent perimeter defender on this team(probably the only one), that's for sure. I just wish he was more clutch than he is, although I completely forgot the triple he drained with about 55 seconds left in the 4th.

What does Dwyane Wade have to do to get a damn reach in called on Carter, Jefferson, or Kidd? My goodness.

Give me a break, the Heat have gottena way w/ a ton especially in OT when Shaq should have fouled out early in the 2nd OT when he fouled Jefferson then 'Zo and Haslem threw people and climbed through people(in Haslem's case) to get those huge rebounds.

That didn't cost the Nets the game though, they missed way too many wide open shots. The Nets were just horrific shooting the ball and in most situations they were open while Miami continued to nail the open 3's.

one of those games where you are happy you are playing the new jersey nets.

Happy this year, next year will be a different story w/ good health and some minor additions. If the Nets had any of the last 3 teams playing this series they would win and the heat are not beating Detroit. They play much better D and wont miss the amount of open shots that the Nets have.

The Nets have to be the DUMBEST team in league history. Charles Barkley is right on. Shaquille O'Neal picked up his 5th foul within the first minute of the first OT.

They did foul him out but it wasn't called, I guess their assumption was that no matter what he did he wouldn't foul out so they stayed on the perimeter.

Eddie's just a great, classy guy

Yes he is, he might not be a great player but he plays hard all the time and you have to appreciate that.

Give me a break, the Heat have gottena way w/ a ton especially in OT when Shaq should have fouled out early in the 2nd OT when he fouled Jefferson then 'Zo and Haslem threw people and climbed through people(in Haslem's case) to get those huge rebounds.

That didn't cost the Nets the game though, they missed way too many wide open shots. The Nets were just horrific shooting the ball and in most situations they were open while Miami continued to nail the open 3's.
This game was poorly officiated both ways. You can call out the one foul on Shaq that should've been called, but you can't leave out Nenad Krstic slamming Wade in the back before the jumpball was called in the first OT. You also can't leave out the 3-5 times where Jason Collins' garbage azz used his elbows(illegally) to grab a rebound.

Happy this year, next year will be a different story w/ good health and some minor additions. If the Nets had any of the last 3 teams playing this series they would win and the heat are not beating Detroit. They play much better D and wont miss the amount of open shots that the Nets have.
Definitely not. If the Nets were a better team, Miami would play better basketball. We haven't played one game in this series yet to the best of our ability, mostly because Shaq isn't even 80% healthy right now. Dwyane Wade had two so-so nights in a row, which is rare. This series is being won by the ROLE players(Eddie Jones, Damon Jones, Udonis Haslem, and Zo) for the Heat. Our two superstars aren't even playing remotely close to their best, while the Carter/Kidd are having their regular performances, RJ is coming to life, & Nenad Krstic is having a wonderful series. New Jersey is a big man away from contending, but I highly doubt you find a big man this summer with the contracts of Kidd & Carter on the books(did RJ land an extension?). Next year, the East belongs to Detroit, Miami, & Indiana. Chicago & Washington will probably come in as the second tier group. Look out for Cleveland if they are able to land Ray Allen or Michael Redd. New Jersey has a nice chance to win their division, but I doubt they get out of the second round next year if they have to play a healthy Indiana or Detroit(whoever doesn't win that division & is seeded around 4-5). I know it's far from next year, but right now that's how I see it...

Miami not being able to beat Detroit this year is as premature of a statement as you can find. Don't forget, Detroit has to come to Miami and steal atleast one, then they have to take care of business at home. Miami is 8-1 at home in the last 2 years of playoff basketball and will probably build on that before we get a shot at Detroit. Actually, before Detroit gets a shot at us. :wink:
They did foul him out but it wasn't called, I guess their assumption was that no matter what he did he wouldn't foul out so they stayed on the perimeter.
No, not really...you can look at that as a missed call, but there were missed calls all over the court both ways. I knew that if the Heat lost, Heat fans would blame the refs, and the same goes for Nets fans(which is evident). There were a lot of bad calls, so I knew the loser would end up calling out the refs.

Whatever, the far better team clearly won.
Yes he is, he might not be a great player but he plays hard all the time and you have to appreciate that.
Yeah, Eddie's a real classy guy. I feel bad because when he came in here, I didn't take the time to realize that Pat Riley is the one who gave him the contract & it's really not his fault. If he was out there half azzing like 80% of the guys who get big contracts and don't live up to it, then it'd be a different story. However, EJ is a team leader and although he plays his worst ball in the clutch, he comes up big for us time and time again, especially with his defense. As a person off the court is where I started to appreciate him. When I saw his "Inside the Heat" session on Sunshine Network earlier in the year, I realized what a great guy he is. He's one of those guys who you just wish made less money so he could be appreciated more.

What kills me is that I thought the game was Friday night. So I didn't make plans to watch it (went out after work). When I got home, all I saw were a billion Nets clips on ESPN's top ten or whatever. They had the graphic on the bottom right, so I couldn't see the score. But because of those two factors, I thought we'd lost on Carter's last second three. So I went to bed a little mad.

Imagine my suprise (and joy) when I awoke this morning, went to ESPN and saw that we'd WON in 2OT!! :woot:

I will now read this thread. :tongue:

This game was poorly officiated both ways.

I never said it was a a poorly officiated game just in the Heat favor, it was a poorly officiated game both ways and again the officials didn't keep the Nets from winning. They missed way too many open jumpers- that's what cost them the game.

Definitely not. If the Nets were a better team, Miami would play better basketball. We haven't played one game in this series yet to the best of our ability, mostly because Shaq isn't even 80% healthy right now.

Mimai has done what big time teams do, they can adjust their style so that even when Shaq isn't playing well other players have been able to step up but even when Shaq isn't 100% opposing teams still have to plan their D around him which leaves guys open for jumpers which the Heat have been nailing.

while the Carter/Kidd are having their regular performances, RJ is coming to life, & Nenad Krstic is having a wonderful series

Carter and especially Kidd have been awful. VC is endeing up w/ alot of points but not efficiently, he's shooting a very low % which is killing NJ and Kidd has been brutal shooting the basketball. RJ played very well the other night but ler's not forget he's only been back a few games after a 3 month layoff and Krstic is playing great. he's going to be a big time player in the coming years.

New Jersey is a big man away from contending, but I highly doubt you find a big man this summer with the contracts of Kidd & Carter on the books(did RJ land an extension?). Next year, the East belongs to Detroit, Miami, & Indiana. Chicago & Washington will probably come in as the second tier group. Look out for Cleveland if they are able to land Ray Allen or Michael Redd. New Jersey has a nice chance to win their division

The Nets are a big man away from being the favorites but as long as they are healthy they'll be a top 3-4 team in the East w/o a doubt. Hopefully a serviceable big man can be found and if so they'll be in great shape. There's no doubt the Nets will win the Atlantic, the Atlantic is just an awful division right now. It should be a little better next year but still a division the Nets should win.

Miami not being able to beat Detroit this year is as premature of a statement as you can find. Don't forget, Detroit has to come to Miami and steal atleast one, then they have to take care of business at home. Miami is 8-1 at home in the last 2 years of playoff basketball and will probably build on that before we get a shot at Detroit. Actually, before Detroit gets a shot at us

I definitely favor Detroit in that series. It's all about D and Detroit plays better D than ayone else. Sure Miami has a good shot but I don't think home court will be the deciding factor, I think Detroit will find a way.

No, not really...you can look at that as a missed call, but there were missed calls all over the court both ways. I knew that if the Heat lost, Heat fans would blame the refs, and the same goes for Nets fans(which is evident). There were a lot of bad calls, so I knew the loser would end up calling out the refs.

I didn't blame the refs, it was a foul on Shaq that wasn't called that would have fouled him out but again the Nets have no one to blame but themselves for the loss.

Yeah, Eddie's a real classy guy.

He's the type of guy that even an opposing fan cannot hate. We had a similar guy like in Kerry Kittles and it was sad to see him go. He'll probably be more appreciated when he is no longer a member of the Heat.

WTF!!!!!!!

I wish I could look at this game. But my local ABC affiliate just dumped the game because some local family had ABC'S EXTREME MAKOVER AT THEIR HOUSE AND IT'S GOING TO AIR TONIGHT. THEY EVEN ACKNOWLEDGED THE GAME WAS HAVING A "CLIMACTIC FINISH". THREE MINUTES LEFT AND THE DUMP THE GAME FOR A PREVIEW SHOW. YOU'VE GOT TO BE ****ING KIDDING ME!!!!

I just emailed ABC's general manager an expletive-filled tirade. I am out of my mind right now. This is inexcusable. I'd almost buy the "human drama" angle if I weren't seeing commercials thoughout this thing. And it's not like there won't be 4 hours devoted to this thing after the game.

F********************CK!!!!!!!!

Muck said:
WTF!!!!!!!

I wish I could look at this game. But my local ABC affiliate just dumped the game because some local family had ABC'S EXTREME MAKOVER AT THEIR HOUSE AND IT'S GOING TO AIR TONIGHT. THEY EVEN ACKNOWLEDGED THE GAME WAS HAVING A "CLIMACTIC FINISH". THREE MINUTES LEFT AND THE DUMP THE GAME FOR A PREVIEW SHOW. YOU'VE GOT TO BE ****ING KIDDING ME!!!!

Wow Muck..that sucks! You've missed a great game by Wade. Oh and yead we won by 10 :D

make that 13...wade hit an accidental 3 pointer at the end. Finished with 34.

Back
Top Bottom