What a rush! Jaguars steamroll Colts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What a rush! Jaguars steamroll Colts

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score

Jags running back Maurice Jones-Drew runs wild against the Colts. Jones-Drew finished with 166 yards and two touchdowns in the 44-17 win.

Fred Taylor slipped through the defensive line, cut right and gained 76 yards before Jason David caught up and made a touchdown-saving tackle.

“I wasn’t warmed up yet,†Taylor said.

Indeed, Taylor and the Jacksonville Jaguars were just getting started.

Maurice Drew ran for a career-high 166 yards and two TDs, Taylor added 131 yards and a score before leaving with a sore right hamstring and the Jaguars literally ran the Indianapolis Colts out of town and maybe out of contention for home-field advantage in the AFC with a surprising 44-17 victory Sunday.

The Jaguars (8-5) finished with 375 yards rushing  tied for the second most in the NFL since the 1970 merger and the most since Cincinnati gained 407 yards against Denver on Oct. 22, 2000.

“I haven’t seen anything like that since I watched NFL films,†Jaguars defensive end Paul Spicer said.

The Colts (10-3) spent much of the week working on tackling, trying to solidify the league’s worst run defense and solve their biggest weakness. Instead, they were worse than ever.

“I probably could have had 78 or so on two carries,†Jacksonville defensive end Bobby McCray said. “They probably would have pulled me early to save me for next week.â€Â

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16141912/

Jones-Drew, contrary to that report, actually had 3 tds. He had one on a 96 yard kick return too.

I feel bad for Manning a little bit. Like Marino, his team's management lets him down in the support category. That run defense should cause a few heads to roll.

Back
Top Bottom