What about a Crowder for Boldin Trade? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What about a Crowder for Boldin Trade?

No1Phinatic

Starter
Reaction score
Porter is obviously not someone Arizona was interested in and Dansby is someone they may not want to shell out the bucks for again. I'm sure draft picks would be required too maybe our 3rd and their 6th. A lot of folks were saying Porter and our 3rd, just seems like Crowder has more trade value at this point so why not? Then we can go after Dansby in FA.

id do it. hell why not, crowder is declining more every year, soon he wont have any value, might as well get rid of him now while we can.

Are you serious? They would just laugh. Crowder is one of the worst ILB's in the league. He only had 52 tackles this year. Boldin had more catches than he had tackles. You would seriously have a hard time getting a 5th for Crowder...

Are you serious? They would just laugh. Crowder is one of the worst ILB's in the league. He only had 52 tackles this year. Boldin had more catches than he had tackles. You would seriously have a hard time getting a 5th for Crowder...
You're probably right. So how hard do you think they laughed if JP was in fact offered as was speculated by so many?

My apologies to MiaFin1. I see this idear was already posted. Still think it's more possible them some think tho. If they are moving on from Dansby due to his asking price or franchise tag price, Crowder coming in with starting experience to compete for the job makes sense financially anyway. Remember we would still be giving them a 3rd or 4th, never straight up for him.

This might seem like a good scenario for Miami, but the Dolphins would be better off giving additional picks than adding Crowder to any Boldin-trade-package (and that's even assuming that Arizona would want Crowder).

Sending Channing to AZ in a trade would create another hole to fill in the offseason. I know everyone here is quick to say "we'll just go after Dansby during free agency". That's a great idea, except in this coming uncapped year, a couple other suitors may very well come calling with a greater need at ILB/MLB than Miami has (not to mention a much fatter contract -- New York Giants or Washington anyone?). Miami thought they could land Calvin Pace, and probably Jason Brown & Bart Scott. Guess what? All three players followed the money. As much as Dansby professes his interest in playing for Miami (who wouldn't want to?), he may like an even bigger contract than we may be willing to offer.

My point is that to create another hole (that DEFINITELY needs to be addressed anyway) by trading Crowder is not a good idea at this point. If we send Channing away and Dansby follows the money, we may be left with Torbor and Ayodele as our only ILB options. We could try to fill those positions in the draft, but we also have issues with OLB, S, and NT to worry about as well. Keep Channing, and if you trade for Boldin, send them a 3rd/4th and other pick considerations (ex. future picks or conditional draft selections).

Side Note: Many posters here like to crucify Channing Crowder and make him out to be an idiot (despite the fact he acts like an *** from time to time). The reality is, for better or worse, he IS the best ILB we have on the team and performs at an average to above-average level of play. In short, he is solid. Pair him with an ILB that compliments his skills set, and Channings game may very well get better.

This might seem like a good scenario for Miami, but the Dolphins would be better off giving additional picks than adding Crowder to any Boldin-trade-package (and that's even assuming that Arizona would want Crowder).

Sending Channing to AZ in a trade would create another hole to fill in the offseason. I know everyone here is quick to say "we'll just go after Dansby during free agency". That's a great idea, except in this coming uncapped year, a couple other suitors may very well come calling with a greater need at ILB/MLB than Miami has (not to mention a much fatter contract -- New York Giants or Washington anyone?). Miami thought they could land Calvin Pace, and probably Jason Brown & Bart Scott. Guess what? All three players followed the money. As much as Dansby professes his interest in playing for Miami (who wouldn't want to?), he may like an even bigger contract than we may be willing to offer.

My point is that to create another hole (that DEFINITELY needs to be addressed anyway) by trading Crowder is not a good idea at this point. If we send Channing away and Dansby follows the money, we may be left with Torbor and Ayodele as our only ILB options. We could try to fill those positions in the draft, but we also have issues with OLB, S, and NT to worry about as well. Keep Channing, and if you trade for Boldin, send them a 3rd/4th and other pick considerations (ex. future picks or conditional draft selections).

Side Note: Many posters here like to crucify Channing Crowder and make him out to be an idiot (despite the fact he acts like an *** from time to time). The reality is, for better or worse, he IS the best ILB we have on the team and performs at an average to above-average level of play. In short, he is solid. Pair him with an ILB that compliments his skills set, and Channings game may very well get better.
you sir,,have a level head

Crowder on his ABSOLUTE best day..100% healthy,and with the whole ENTIRE universe lined up perfectly is still nothing more than an average ILB...he spent a few seasons with Zach,AND Junior Seau during Juniors couple seasons with us, learning from those 2,and he still can't get it...so imo,we need to send him packing and get what we can for him while he has some trade value left,then we need to COMPLETELY rebuild our LB Corp with smart beasts...i know that's easier said than done,but that's what we need to do imo...

Back
Top Bottom