what about Brett Basanez? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

what about Brett Basanez?

sports24/7

Bleeder of Aqua and Orange
Reaction score
I was just curious if anyone knew anything about the pro prospects for him. He has been playing very well lately for Northwestern, but I don't know how his skill would translate in the NFL. I haven't heard his name much, but he might be a nice late round project.

sports24/7 said:
I was just curious if anyone knew anything about the pro prospects for him. He has been playing very well lately for Northwestern, but I don't know how his skill would translate in the NFL. I haven't heard his name much, but he might be a nice late round project.

Never heard of him. Who is he? :confused:

CalDolFan10x14 said:
Never heard of him. Who is he? :confused:
He's Northwestern's QB. He is one of the main reasons for thier recent success. In his last 3 games (which they won) he threw for 361 yards and 3TDs against Wisconsin, 463 and 3TDs against Purdue, and 331 yards and 2 TDs against Michigan State. He has decent size at 6'2 210, but I don't know much about his attributes.

I may be a bit biased, as I am currently an NU student, but I think Basanez has great potential to be a team leader that no one's really seen until this year. He's definitely not the most athletic QB out there, but he knows how to run an offense and makes really smart plays (only 1 INT so far this year). Definitely a possible late round steal. If anyone wants to check him out, our homecoming game against Michigan is on Saturday at 7, ESPN.

sports24/7 said:
He's Northwestern's QB. He is one of the main reasons for thier recent success. In his last 3 games (which they won) he threw for 361 yards and 3TDs against Wisconsin, 463 and 3TDs against Purdue, and 331 yards and 2 TDs against Michigan State. He has decent size at 6'2 210, but I don't know much about his attributes.

Product of a gimmick offense IMO.

ether79 said:
Product of a gimmick offense IMO.
I've seen most of the Northwestern's games and I see nothing gimmicky about their offense. Obviously, you have not seem them play and are making an uneducated guess.

Basanez has been very impressive and looks like he has all the tools to excel at the next level. Once he gets more press and teams see him at the combines, he will be a 1st day pick.

Basanez is a late day 2 prospect if not an undrafted free agent. He ranks outside of the top 10 of senior QBs & will only be pushed further down as juniors declare.

sports24/7 said:

- Impressive. He 's worth watching.

SMadison29 said:
Basanez is a late day 2 prospect if not an undrafted free agent. He ranks outside of the top 10 of senior QBs & will only be pushed further down as juniors declare.
He ranks outside the top 10 by who? Some pre season guide you just looked up. There is a lot of season left, all star games and combines. Let's wait until it all plays out and then see who ranks where. Who would have picked Charlie Frye to be a 1st round pick at this time this year? Basanez will be a 1st day pick.

SMadison29 said:
I would think if he continues to play this well he will move up. I doubt he ever ends up in the first, but I would imagine he would at least get drafted.

Brsdd said:
I've seen most of the Northwestern's games and I see nothing gimmicky about their offense. Obviously, you have not seem them play and are making an uneducated guess.

Basanez has been very impressive and looks like he has all the tools to excel at the next level. Once he gets more press and teams see him at the combines, he will be a 1st day pick.

Look at where I live. I've watched them play three times this year and could watch every game if I wanted to. IMO he will be be 6th-UDFA the offense they run is fun to watch, but is by no means a pro-style offense. He has some tools but nothing about him at all screams sure fire pro.

Brsdd said:
He ranks outside the top 10 by who? Some pre season guide you just looked up. There is a lot of season left, all star games and combines. Let's wait until it all plays out and then see who ranks where. Who would have picked Charlie Frye to be a 1st round pick at this time this year? Basanez will be a 1st day pick.
leinart, cutler, croyle, mcneal, clemens, whitehurst, hackney, pinegar, gradkowski, brad smith, betts > basanez

and that's just the seniors

kastofsna120 said:
leinart, cutler, croyle, mcneal, clemens, whitehurst, hackney, pinegar, gradkowski, brad smith, betts > basanez and that's just the seniors
And that ranking is according to what ranking? Seriously, some of you read some pre season rankings of college players and you can't see beyond that.

Brsdd said:
And that ranking is according to what ranking? Seriously, some of you read some pre season rankings of college players and you can't see beyond that.
it's from my own eyes. i didn't look up anything

kastofsna120 said:
it's from my own eyes. i didn't look up anything
And of course you have seen every snap of every college game. :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom