What about Chambers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What about Chambers

FinsGoToGuy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We know the guy has great talent, but he isn't producing like a first receiver should weeks after weeks.

Right now I see him more like Perless Price. A better than a second receiver but not a first. If he's double team he doesn't get any catches.

This guy would be a killer with another #1 WR like the combos of Moulds/Price, Bruce/Holt, Buress/Ward...

I agree.....I know the salary cap would probably prevent this, but if TO leaves SF, can you imagine what a lethal 1-2 combination TO and CC would be? Wow!!

I don't think Chambers is the problem. He is doing his thing this year. It's the rest of the offense's responsibility to make the defense pay for doubling him. And hitting him deep when he's open would also help those stats. If we connect on two of Chamber's deep plays in stead of missing them, his yardage and yards per catch numbers jump significantly.

And this isn't to say that we haven't missed throwing to him when he's open.

I think your crazy to bring that DolphinzD
:)

that would be awesome, but the QB would be a big part in their success.

I think he CAN be a #1, but right now he really isnt getting better. His biggest problem is when the ball is in the air. He never positions himself to shield the defender. Maybe we need to look at the position coach. This is something that he should have gotten better at by now. I totally agree though, he is not playing up to his potential. I see a lot of JFs problem being the receivers fault. Just my opinion.

Originally posted by Muck
I don't think Chambers is the problem. He is doing his thing this year. It's the rest of the offense's responsibility to make the defense pay for doubling him. And hitting him deep when he's open would also help those stats. If we connect on two of Chamber's deep plays in stead of missing them, his yardage and yards per catch numbers jump significantly.

And this isn't to say that we haven't missed throwing to him when he's open.

good point Muck

we really need to hit the deep pass

Originally posted by NCFINFAN38
His biggest problem is when the ball is in the air. He never positions himself to shield the defender.

And Thompson seems to do the same thing. They seem to only use their hands when trying to catch the ball, making for a lot of drop passes because of hits with a defender.

if the Dolphins can use Thompson more (like they appeared to try yesterday), that will draw the double team off of Chambers, and his number will go up. i cant wait for that to happen, since he is my number 2 guy on my fantasy team.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
I think your crazy to bring that DolphinzD
:)

that would be awesome, but the QB would be a big part in their success.

I can dream.....

Back
Top Bottom