What about Greise? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What about Greise?

MiamiFan1354

Clumpys #1 Fan
Reaction score
Ok, I'm not saying he shined this past year, but what about him? Last year, we were all sayin we loved him, and now, everyone wants to release him. He was a probowl QB at one time, and I think he could be again, with a good enough Oline, and he's still kinda young, definatly younger than burnell. Isn't it possible to think we just release Jay, keep Greise, and then use him as the starter with Rivers in behind him after we draft him? Just a thought.

Originally posted by MiamiFan1354
Ok, I'm not saying he shined this past year, but what about him? Last year, we were all sayin we loved him, and now, everyone wants to release him. He was a probowl QB at one time, and I think he could be again, with a good enough Oline, and he's still kinda young, definatly younger than burnell. Isn't it possible to think we just release Jay, keep Greise, and then use him as the starter with Rivers in behind him after we draft him? Just a thought.

I agree. We need to give this guy more time and a decent line. He has the talent. People just want results from day 1 and that's not fair.

Re: Re: What about Greise?

Originally posted by SDFinFan

I agree. We need to give this guy more time and a decent line. He has the talent. People just want results from day 1 and that's not fair.

He couldn't do it with prob a top 2 o-line at the time, and HOF receivers to catch his ducks, but he hasn't been given a chance for results?

He's been given more than most QB's that are in the HOF. He does not have the talent to be a starting QB. Neither does Fiedler. Just like Griese he was given his chance. The best thing to do is to move on. However I'd rather keep Fiedler as a backup than Griese.

Oliver...

Sure, we can give Griese another shot, but to do so we would have to change a few things around. First of all our offense is currently built around Jay and his mobility. We would need a much better line or he cant even be considered. He cant move at all so to use him you must have a very good line. Right now we dont have that but if we were to draft a QB, linemen and a star WR out of college such as Woods then I could see our dolphins doing some good things. However i dont think this is that realistic.

Originally posted by Phinfan31
Sure, we can give Griese another shot, but to do so we would have to change a few things around. First of all our offense is currently built around Jay and his mobility. We would need a much better line or he cant even be considered. He cant move at all so to use him you must have a very good line. Right now we dont have that but if we were to draft a QB, linemen and a star WR out of college such as Woods then I could see our dolphins doing some good things. However i dont think this is that realistic.

This has been proven that he can't do it when he does have all that. Sorry Griese couldn't get it done when he had one of the BEST o-lines, some of the BEST receivers to throw the ball to. He's not a starting NFL caliber QB.

He's had his chance, it's time to move on. Especially when he is due to get paid 6 million dollars!

Oliver...

grieses cut soon, end of story unless he wants to come back REEEEEEEEEEEAL CHEAP, and even then, doubtful

He had time to throw against the Ravens and the Skins. Look what he did with that chance.

Griese did nothing in his starts. He was awful and he can bring his mediocre play to another team next season.

:allhail:

I could not agree more. Jay had 4 years to try and show his skills and Brian gets four games. Two against the best two of the top 3 teams in the AFC with a pathetic line????? IF he will resturucture he should get the chance to compete for the Job. That being said we cannot go into the season with him, a rookie and Sage. If we draft a QB I say loose sage (we obioiusly he chosen to go another direction) and let BG and another Vet fight for the starting position. I would much rather have BG comgin off the bench in the case of an emergency than a rookie.

Back
Top Bottom