What about Julio Jones? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What about Julio Jones?

RealThoughtsofB

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I saw it trending on Twitter that the Falcons are looking to trade Julio Jones. What if the Dolphins make an offer? I think with the money owed and the age you aren’t looking at throwing a first and I really believe the fins have the capital to make it happen. Maybe next years second and a fourth/fifth? I get that he’s one of the elite pass catchers in the league, but I really don’t think they get a better offer. Fuller/Parker/Jones and maybe Pitts? Falcons take Chase fourth, Cincinnati takes either Sewell/Pitts (Chase I think is the only player they would debate taking instead of Sewell because of the connection.) and Pitts to the Fins. You’d get the chance to see what you have in Tua and if he works out great, if not you have an arsenal for whomever you bring in next. Thoughts?

He is 32 and his cap hit the next 3 years is 23 million, 19 million and 19 million.

So no.

IF the Fins were inches away from the SB and the last piece was a big play WR he would make sense but it would be unlikely that the team could take his $$$$ on in that situation.

Falcons supposedly taking calls. It amazes me any team would even consider taking on that contract for an oft-injured aging star.

The Dolphins are still rebuilding and by the time they are ready to contend for a SB, Jones will likely be retired. If he was 5 years younger, I would have no problem with trading for him. Yet at his age and the amount he would take up against the cap, no thank you,

I saw it trending on Twitter that the Falcons are looking to trade Julio Jones. What if the Dolphins make an offer? I think with the money owed and the age you aren’t looking at throwing a first and I really believe the fins have the capital to make it happen. Maybe next years second and a fourth/fifth? I get that he’s one of the elite pass catchers in the league, but I really don’t think they get a better offer. Fuller/Parker/Jones and maybe Pitts? Falcons take Chase fourth, Cincinnati takes either Sewell/Pitts (Chase I think is the only player they would debate taking instead of Sewell because of the connection.) and Pitts to the Fins. You’d get the chance to see what you have in Tua and if he works out great, if not you have an arsenal for whomever you bring in next. Thoughts?
I love it maybe i would give up our second 1st round pick and parker for Julio J. Maybe playing outside on grass want be a brutal on his ankles etc.

Back
Top Bottom