What about Kirk Cousins? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What about Kirk Cousins?

number1fin

#onephin
Club Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;v140AnFGg7g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v140AnFGg7g[/video]

Haven't heard his name much around here. He looks very impressive to me. Just wondering what you guys think?

We can draft an impact WR possibly with the 8th pick (Michael Floyd) and perhaps select the Spartan QB in the 2nd round?

I mean, what's the difference between him and Ryan Tannehill? Same amount of upside if you ask me just going by the fact that neither has displayed Luck/RGIII type skills. I would even dare to say that Cousins has a better overall demeanor than Tannehill on the field, which also tends to translate into better leadership qualities. But that's just from what I've been able to observe from highlight reel footage of the two.

At 6-3, 205 lbs., Kirk Cousins was 11-3 in 2011 as a senior for Michigan St. That includes a victory at the OUTBACK Bowl against #16Georgia. He has a career total of 9,131 passing yards, 66 touchdowns, and 30 interceptions. His completion percentage was 63.7 this past season.

The difference is upside. Cousins ran a pro-style offense, so he would probably be better off the bat...but many believe he has little upside.

the guy is a leader and all, but sucks against good teams. the guy has peaked. a career backup. dont just look at his numbers bc most of his good numbers came against crap teams. he has no upside.

I like Kirk Cousins a lot but I don't know if he can make all the throws all the time. I don't think he's an upgrade over Matt Moore.

He is what you see, a very effective QB in the mold of a Matt Moore or Tony Romo.
Still...it would be cool to get a "Captain Kirk" game jersey..

Cousins is OK as a 3rd or fourth round pick. I would not use up any earlier picks on him because he does not have all of the physical tools to make it and his decision making should be better for someone that smart. I think he panics a little under pressure and does not throw the longer balls with enough accuracy or velocity.

He's one who i've been thinking&wondering about. Maybe trade down in the 1st,and pickup another 2nd rd pick and get Cousins with our new extra 2nd,or our extra 3rd.

I don't think he has much upside, he looks like a career backup to me.

I don't think he has much upside, he looks like a career backup to me.
That's ironic, because to me for whatever reason he looks and reminds me so much of Tom Brady. It's funny and I may be trippin but look at his jaw line and pep the way he talks. Plus both of them went to school in the state of Michigan. I don't have the time but I'm sure I could dig up some other interesting similarities. Just got a funny feeling he's gonna be special.

Oh and "upside" is a very subjective term.

That's ironic, because to me for whatever reason he looks and reminds me so much of Tom Brady. It's funny and I may be trippin but look at his jaw line and pep the way he talks. Plus both of them went to school in the state of Michigan. I don't have the time but I'm sure I could dig up some other interesting similarities. Just got a funny feeling he's gonna be special.

I completely agree I think this has tom brady written all over it cousins is gona be a lot better than everyone thinks has as good a arm as andrew luck and shows all the different angles when he throw that make me think he is gona be successful really smart kid also

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

I completely agree I think this has tom brady written all over it cousins is gona be a lot better than everyone thinks has as good a arm as andrew luck and shows all the different angles when he throw that make me think he is gona be successful really smart kid also

It could be the curse of Chad Henne possibly preventing us from greatness with Cousins. The bases for this claim is from the fact that they both went to school in the same state. To put it in layman's terms... we got burned at the altar once and best be sure not to repeat that mistake again. So because of that misfortune we don't even look twice at the kid and we turn the other page without even questioning the foolish logic of it all. If only Kirk had played for an SEC school we might have acutally taken notice, prehaps even selected him. Our lost!

If only Kirk had played for an SEC school we might have acutally taken notice, prehaps even selected him. Our lost!

I don't think Kirk Cousins would even be mentioned as a legitimate prospect if he played in the SEC, although to be fair to Cousins, I think that would be the case with more QB's in this draft than just him. He started 2 games against SEC teams in his career and threw 1 TD to 4 INT's. He didn't even finish his first attempt at it... Bama knocked him out of the game.

Prior to Bama knocking him out of the game in the 3rd quarter, the Spartans had -62 yards rushing at one point due to Cousins recovering his own fumbles.

Tom Brady was incredibly clutch at Michigan and could deal with pressure, unlike Cousins.

I watched Brady lead Michigan back from a 14 point deficit TWICE against a very stout Alabama defense in the 2000 Orange Bowl on his way to throwing for 370 yards and 4 TD's without throwing a single interception.

The Tom Brady comparison made earlier in this thread isn't valid by any stretch of the imagination. Although a Chad Henne comparison as prospects isn't at all a baseless one.

Back
Top Bottom