What about McKnight? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What about McKnight?

ohall

A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.
Reaction score
... I think it was a mistake to take him out the rotation, he simply has too much talent IMO. It was nice to see him catch the deep ball today. I still say this offense will be it's best when Chambers and McKnight are starting. Of course this is all up to McKnight, but I think the speed those 2 WR's bring to the table gives the Dolphins their best shots they have at taking it deep on any play.

Oh and is a 35-yard catch considered a deep ball?

Oliver...

Yes it is..and I'm glad McKnight is showing what he does for the team..you're right, he and chambers would keep any D concerned. Safeties couldn't come up to help with with Ricky..they would have to help with deep coverage.

McKnight is better suited as a 3rd WR IMO.Gadsden is on his way back to becoming a better WR like he was a year ago.

Originally posted by DolFan31
McKnight is better suited as a 3rd WR IMO.Gadsden is on his way back to becoming a better WR like he was a year ago.

Mcknight has potential (in terms of speed and height 6'1.) and if he can hold on to the ball , no reason why he shouldn't find himself back in the starting line up..I love Gadsen finger tips cathes and IMO he has best hands in football but he is more of the possesion receiver for third downs situations..

No posession WR's are best suited opposite a big play deep threat ala CC. McDrops and CC together would essentially do the same thing and wouldn't make the D respect the whole field. Neither at this point are known for their play over the middle.

Leave Gadsden where he is and wait for an injury before putting McDrops in there.

Originally posted by Oliver
... I think it was a mistake to take him out the rotation, he simply has too much talent IMO. It was nice to see him catch the deep ball today. I still say this offense will be it's best when Chambers and McKnight are starting. Of course this is all up to McKnight, but I think the speed those 2 WR's bring to the table gives the Dolphins their best shots they have at taking it deep on any play.

Oh and is a 35-yard catch considered a deep ball?

Oliver...

I would say that's in the ball park, but other than a good adjustment by McNight and a catch, I wouldn't be giving Feidler any awards on that throw. For a 35 yarder (net) the pass was underthrown considerably for a deep route down the sidelines.
As you are well aware by now, that is one of the concerns I have with Jay being our QB. I'm not sure if Jay really is not hurt, even though he says he is not. Simms (cough, cough) says he doesn't know how Feidler can throw with that bum finger after Jay showed it to him earlier in the week. Poor long balls or not, I have to admit Jay is one tough dude and that is one thing I will never dispute!!!

:) :) :)

As much as I agonize when Jay is in there sometimes I have to admit his decision making has improved ten fold...Also, McKnight is playing with a chip on his shoulder, you can tell he is trying to make the coaches decision to make him the no.4 was wrong and he looks like he is proving that very point. I don't think he should start just because as someone else said, Chambers does what McKnight does and Gadsen doesn what McKnight doesn't. However I am confident enough in James in case one of them goes down that he could step up and be productive. When was the last time a Dolphin team had this much depth at seemingly every position on OFFENSE!?!?!?!?! It is even believable to say that about the line as Spriggs did decent out there...great game Dolphins!

I've always supported McKnight and Dont know where he got the reputation of dropping balls. Statistically he doesn't drop any more than Gadsen. I do like Gadsen's abilty to go after the ball a little better than McKnight but McKnight is a bigger deep threat. I just wish people would quit Dissing McKnight. And speaking of Depth, Baker is a great wide receiver. I wish we had him against Baltimore last year in the playoffs.

McKnight has the talent, but his hands are horrible. He is better as a third or fourth WR then as a starter.

McKnight is a career 4th receiver. He has good speed, but thats it. His hands are by far the worst of any player who catches balls on our team. Hell, if you saw the game today and that deep ball he caught, he came really really close to dropping it. They guy does NOT have sure hands at all and everytime they throw to him I hold my breath that he doesn't bobble or drop it.

Not true. McKnight was the man in Dallas after the starters went down. He was the only WR worth a damn on the roster with poor quarterbacking to work with. And he averaged almost 18 ypc that year (coming back from a torn ACL).

It's a long season guys. Injuries occur (unfortunately). My money says that McKnight will log a start or two before the season's done.

You guys need to watch that tape again,... make no mistake about it, I'm no McNight hater, but he almost droped that long ball, it squeezed through his hands and he trapped it between his legs and his arms... I give him props for staying focused, but he still almost messed up that play... I want more consistancy.. that's all I ask

Yeah he did...

... he picnic basket caught it; it hit him in his lap. But didn't you hear? The reason he almost dropped that ball was because Fiedler sucks. Really ask around! :D

Oliver...

Originally posted by rhadaddy
You guys need to watch that tape again,... make no mistake about it, I'm no McNight hater, but he almost droped that long ball, it squeezed through his hands and he trapped it between his legs and his arms... I give him props for staying focused, but he still almost messed up that play... I want more consistancy.. that's all I ask

Not everyone has to be a star on this team. MckNight is great at stretching the field, and Im sure we'll see more of him in similar situations as the year unfolds. When the D starts paying a bit too much attention to Ricky and JM enters the game, you can be sure Norv is going to tell Fiedler to let one fly.

I still think Ward is the ideal 3rd WR playing the slot, since he has great hands and runs great routes. Gadsden is the protypical 2nd WR, a possession receiver with great hands. And of course CC as the do-it-all freak of nature #1 WR

Damn I love this team!

Back
Top Bottom