what about Means? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

what about Means?

phinfan77

Just being friendly
Reaction score
With the problems we have at the DT position,. why haven't we brought this guy in? Many mock drafts had him as a late round pick, and his size would be good for NT.

why hasn't anyone picked him up?

We need a veteran or at least a more developed rookie. Nick had his choice of this dude and Vickerson during the draft, and this dude lost out.

Means is stupid as a Rock, but I may take a flyer on him to the pratice team.. He has some size and showed some skills in college.. He was a bigtime prospect in highschool..

By no MEANS do I feel it would be a bad idea to take a look into Albert MEANS. Lame jokes aside... I think we should definitely take him into consideration.

Jimmy James said:
We need a veteran or at least a more developed rookie. Nick had his choice of this dude and Vickerson during the draft, and this dude lost out.
There must be more here than meets the eye, since any one of 32 teams could sign him now and no one has done it.

GreenMonster said:
Means is stupid as a Rock, but I may take a flyer on him to the pratice team.. He has some size and showed some skills in college.. He was a bigtime prospect in highschool..

If we put a 6-4 336lb rock in the frontline, I don't really give a damn if he can explain the theory of relativity in hebrew or not :D .

Natrone Means could probably play DT if we asked him.

Nice:

Player Testifies in Recruiting Trial
By WOODY BAIRD
The Associated Press

MEMPHIS, Tenn. - Memphis defensive tackle Albert Means said his high school coach picked the college he would attend, while testifying Tuesday in the federal trial of an Alabama booster.

Logan Young is charged with paying a $150,000 bribe to high school coach Lynn Lang to get Means to sign with Alabama.

Means said he signed with the Crimson Tide because Lang told him to, but he never met Young, a millionaire from Memphis.

Lang has pleaded guilty to taking a bribe to send Means to Alabama and is awaiting sentencing. He was expected to testify against Young on Tuesday.

Defense lawyers say Lang is a liar and is the foundation of the government's case against Young.

Authorities say Means did not know Lang was brokering his football skills.

Means signed with Alabama in 2000 but transferred to the University of Memphis the following year after reports of a payoff to Lang became public.

Alabama's recruitment of Means became part of an NCAA investigation that led to sanctions against the Crimson Tide in 2002.

The player told jurors he depended totally on Lang to deal with college recruiters.

"He took care of everything else," Means testified. "That's why I trusted him."

Means also said someone else, who was not identified in court, took his college entrance exam for him, and he acknowledged lying about that to a grand jury.

"I was afraid," he said.

While entering his guilty plea in 2002, Lang said he arranged for a stand-in to take Means' college entrance exam.

Means wrapped up his eligibility to play college football this year and expects to graduate in May. He said he hopes to have a professional football career.

January 25, 2005 6:30 PM

well, I guess being dumb and a rat can override physical ability. I would love a veteran tackle, but how many decent ones (without outrageous contract demands) are usually released after June 1.

Means may be a viable alternative- we need big people

phinfan77 said:
With the problems we have at the DT position,. why haven't we brought this guy in? Many mock drafts had him as a late round pick, and his size would be good for NT.

why hasn't anyone picked him up?
I love albert means....... but you did get me excited about Natron Means former RB of the chargers:lol:

Back
Top Bottom