what about MIKE WILLIAMS? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

what about MIKE WILLIAMS?

One4theThumb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
i want mike williams, adande and michael smith just agreed with kiper that he is the #1 player in the draft. HE is a surefire porbowler in my mind. he shoudl be our #2 pick. why is edwards so touted? he has sketchy hands.

Sketchy hands? Did you just make that up? Mike Williams doesnt have the blazing speed we need at WR, sure he'll be one of the better in the league but all I see is a slightly better Keyshawn.

DeeAy3000 said:
Sketchy hands? Did you just make that up? Mike Williams doesnt have the blazing speed we need at WR, sure he'll be one of the better in the league but all I see is a slightly better Keyshawn.
didnt make it up, his first two seasons he was known for droping alot of balls. watch some college football sometime buddy.

I'm with you Thumb. I say go with Williams as well. That Michigan system has consistently put out AVERAGE pro WR's in spite of their college prowess. AND Edwards has been seen dropping some passes that Williams just would not have dropped.
I hope Saban surprises everyone and takes Williams.

We have the speed already in Chambers. If we got Williams (whom I also think is the best) we could strecth the field with Chambers like we did in his first two seasons.

One4theThumb said:
i want mike williams, adande and michael smith just agreed with kiper that he is the #1 player in the draft. HE is a surefire porbowler in my mind. he shoudl be our #2 pick. why is edwards so touted? he has sketchy hands.

BS!

Hes money in the red zone and in clutch situations!

chdoyle said:
I'm with you Thumb. I say go with Williams as well. That Michigan system has consistently put out AVERAGE pro WR's in spite of their college prowess. AND Edwards has been seen dropping some passes that Williams just would not have dropped.
I hope Saban surprises everyone and takes Williams.
alright!

bigbade said:
We have the speed already in Chambers. If we got Williams (whom I also think is the best) we could strecth the field with Chambers like we did in his first two seasons.
mike will woudl be our new gadsden , i agree...hes the possesion guy we need.

Shifty187 said:
BS!

Hes money in the red zone and in clutch situations!

No Williams is MONEY in the red zone and clutch. Just remember 30 TD in first two years in college.

One4theThumb said:
I read and heard some draft talk that Mike Williams may in fact slide due to some character concerns.

bigbade said:
No Williams is MONEY in the red zone and clutch. Just remember 30 TD in first two years in college.

They both are actually but Edwards is much faster and runs much better routes!

Some nice things said about Mr. Williams:

Steve Bisheff, Orange County Register: "Williams...is the best college football player I've seen in several years...He is a 6-foot-5, 230-pound leaping, twisting freak of nature. If he is not as fast as Randy Moss, he is bigger and stronger. He has soft, Marvin Harrison-like hands and runs like a halfback after the catch. Williams is Terrell Owens without the attitude or the silly end zone gyrations...This guy is a football player, not just a pass catcher...He makes every opposing defense alter its scheme....

chdoyle said:
Some nice things said about Mr. Williams:

Steve Bisheff, Orange County Register: "Williams...is the best college football player I've seen in several years...He is a 6-foot-5, 230-pound leaping, twisting freak of nature. If he is not as fast as Randy Moss, he is bigger and stronger. He has soft, Marvin Harrison-like hands and runs like a halfback after the catch. Williams is Terrell Owens without the attitude or the silly end zone gyrations...This guy is a football player, not just a pass catcher...He makes every opposing defense alter its scheme....
thats what i see when i watch the kid play. hes unreal. character flaws? what was that guy talking about?

He's a young guy. Some feel that he will put on a little weight and eventually be a TE. You don't use a top 5 selection on a TE IMO.

jlfin said:
He's a young guy. Some feel that he will put on a little weight and eventually be a TE. You don't use a top 5 selection on a TE IMO.
a TE? the guy is cut. have u ever seen him? he thin! and ran a decent 40 time, better than some thought. owens doesnt run much of a 40 time ill tell u that much. throw those stupid things out the window.

Back
Top Bottom