what about our offense that needs help. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

what about our offense that needs help.

maverick50

the top gun of all fin fans
Reaction score
i have been thinking maybe its time we have a fire sale on the offense side of the ball . here is what i am getting at ; moris and minor are not impressive and are just average so, why not upgrade with a another runningback if we could trade booker for rb morency with green bay and hagan and welker to philly for dt joqua thomas and then we draft qb brady quinn , then get a wr in rd 2 then draft wr d'juan woods in rd 6 and then draft victor de grate because he is fast and hard hitting and would work well with zach.
we use f/a to address the oline and cb then we will be in good shape.
we absolutely should get another te and let one of our fb's go lets put peele in the weight room and develope him into a good te.

i want d'juan and victor not because they went to my school but they are hard workers and it would help in recuiting more fin fans in my area. sorry i am selfish but i want us to gain some popularity.

No need for a RB with Ricky coming back and Ronnie here we have far more pressing needs like a QB, LT and a playmaking WR also need secondary help. I do think the Fins might press to get Quinn if he falls passed Detroit and Cleveland there was a rumor that we would trade our 1st and 3rd to Washington for their first, I would assume to draft Quinn. Don't know what that does to the rest of the draft but perhaps if they trade Chambers we could get our 3rd back draft WR and LT with our 2nd and 3rd picks.

Should be a very interesting offseason though, can't wait to see how all this pans out.

No need for a RB with Ricky coming back and Ronnie here we have far more pressing needs like a QB, LT and a playmaking WR also need secondary help. I do think the Fins might press to get Quinn if he falls passed Detroit and Cleveland there was a rumor that we would trade our 1st and 3rd to Washington for their first, I would assume to draft Quinn. Don't know what that does to the rest of the draft but perhaps if they trade Chambers we could get our 3rd back draft WR and LT with our 2nd and 3rd picks.

Should be a very interesting offseason though, can't wait to see how all this pans out.

Wow. Where'd you hear that? Very interesting. Though if that's the case, I'd rather take Ryan Kalil at C, let Alabi have a go at LT and try and get Jared Gaither, Jake Long, Barry Richardson, or Sam Baker the following year. I also think that if Quinn gets out of the top 3, we should do what it takes to try and get him.

the reason that i put runningback on my needs list is i just have that feeling that ricky will disapear again or be suspended (CMC) = CALL ME CRAZY
if we can i would get that kevin knolb or that other qb i forgot his name now . one posibility is to get dewayne jarrett and then use f/a to addresss oline .:cooldude:

Our offense isnt all that bad. if our oline would give time our recievers are more than capable of taking it the distance on any given play our oline has to be the # 1 priority this offseason:dolphins:

Wow. Where'd you hear that? Very interesting. Though if that's the case, I'd rather take Ryan Kalil at C, let Alabi have a go at LT and try and get Jared Gaither, Jake Long, Barry Richardson, or Sam Baker the following year. I also think that if Quinn gets out of the top 3, we should do what it takes to try and get him.

It was just a rumor on one of the draft boards but it would seem at least somewhat valid seeing as how the Redskins are looking to move down and if Quinn gets passed Detroit and Cleveland the next 2 teams that would be likely to take him would be the Vikings or the Texans. So perhaps we are trying to one up them.

i have been thinking maybe its time we have a fire sale on the offense side of the ball . here is what i am getting at ; moris and minor are not impressive and are just average so, why not upgrade with a another runningback if we could trade booker for rb morency with green bay and hagan and welker to philly for dt joqua thomas and then we draft qb brady quinn , then get a wr in rd 2 then draft wr d'juan woods in rd 6 and then draft victor de grate because he is fast and hard hitting and would work well with zach.
we absolutely should get another te and let one of our fb's go lets put peele in the weight room and develope him into a good te.

i want d'juan and victor not because they went to my school but they are hard workers and it would help in recuiting more fin fans in my area. sorry i am selfish but i want us to gain some popularity.
dude put down the madden 07 and step away...............from the controller!:lol:

Listen as far as all this Ryan Kalil talk, it ain't gonna happen. The Steelers center, Hartings just up and quit last week. Retired, after 11 years. If the Steelers don't take him in the first round I think the whole league will be surprised. Center is about the only thing resembling a hole in the Steelers lineup. They will be good again with a healthy Big Ben even without Cowher.
I don't even know of any good centers available in free agency.

I'm not sure if I read this wrong, but are you suggesting we trade Chambers for a 3rd? HAHA! My goodness, thank god you are not Randy.

However, I do agree about picking up Quinn if he falls to us. We just can't afford to pass on the possibilites he brings and the talents he posesses.

The biggest need for the offense is the left side of the line. We ran very well behind the Carey and Shelton on the right side, but the left side struggled. McIntosh and James/Jacox were a big reason why Joey checked down underneathe so much. Get a new LT, and LG and I'd be pretty content. It all starts with the line, without protection I don't care who your skill players are, you can't do anything.

dude put down the madden 07 and step away...............from the controller!:lol:

what ? this is a great idea these boys play like zach does , i supose we can settle for getting eddie moore type players and finish last in the division agian. guys we need help in the receiving corp and the oline and two wide receivers would not be a bad thing.

their is a thing called compition and desire to win and i want to win so bad that i would slap a sleepless whore across her *** and give her fake money and save the money for bribing the oline . now am i a team player or what ?
:desk:

Chris Chambers and Ronnie Brown may someday be all that. But today they stand firm as overpayed underacheivers. I do beleive Ronnie played his heart out last year but I'm really disappointed from what I saw from Chris last year.
Dropped passes,lackluster blocking, stepping out of bounds early on end arounds. In a straight up trade for a third we would be crazy not to do it. We need the money and his production can easily,very easily be replaced.

I'm not sure if I read this wrong, but are you suggesting we trade Chambers for a 3rd? HAHA! My goodness, thank god you are not Randy.

However, I do agree about picking up Quinn if he falls to us. We just can't afford to pass on the possibilites he brings and the talents he posesses.

The biggest need for the offense is the left side of the line. We ran very well behind the Carey and Shelton on the right side, but the left side struggled. McIntosh and James/Jacox were a big reason why Joey checked down underneathe so much. Get a new LT, and LG and I'd be pretty content. It all starts with the line, without protection I don't care who your skill players are, you can't do anything.
:bravo::clap:

I think we may be able get a decent back very late in the draft or even undrafted. Somebody like Garret Wolfe maybe.

i have been thinking maybe its time we have a fire sale on the offense side of the ball . here is what i am getting at ; moris and minor are not impressive and are just average so, why not upgrade with a another runningback

The Phins are stacked at RB. They've got Ronnie Brown, maybe Ricky Williams, Morris, Minor and Cobb. All of them are good enough to get the job done, they just need an OL to open holes and a passing game to take a little pressure off of them.

if we could trade booker for rb morency with green bay and hagan and welker to philly

OK, so basically just get rid of Booker, a consistent guy, and Welker, our most productive third receiver in years? If anything, they should dump Chris "I can't create separation or catch the ball" Chambers.

Now you're talking my language. The Phins have got to upgrade the OL. If they do that you will see better production from the RB's and WR's. They should upgrade at LT, LG and C.

I don't think we're gonna get anyone much better than McMichael. Of all the needs on offense I think this is low priority. Also, Morris could be effective as a fullback and backup RB so that would save a roster spot.

GO PHINS~!

Back
Top Bottom