What about that CFL DE Dolphins signed | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What about that CFL DE Dolphins signed

Just fyi, this guy didn't play DE in college or the CFL - he's always played DT. I don't know why Miami's projecting him as a DE, but if that's where he is then I think a longshot just got longer...

Just fyi, this guy didn't play DE in college or the CFL - he's always played DT. I don't know why Miami's projecting him as a DE, but if that's where he is then I think a longshot just got longer...
With the bigger field and all, Players are smaller in the CFL... DTs are not 325 pounds! A SS in the NFL would most probably play LB over there... Im obviously oversimplifying here but you get the point...

With the bigger field and all, Players are smaller in the CFL... DTs are not 325 pounds! A SS in the NFL would most probably play LB over there... Im obviously oversimplifying here but you get the point...
I watch the CFL a lot (I'm Canadian), so yes, I know what you're talking about. But Cleyon Laing just doesn't have the burst/length to be a DE. He's got a big frame, great leverage at the POA and in Canada he was very disruptive because of his ability to penetrate. Nasty streak in the trenches too. But I just don't think he's DE material. Love to be proven wrong though.

I think they actually had a plan. Him de early downs then wake or Mario later and he may get bumped inside on heavy pass downs. Like what giants did when they won SB. Seems strong with some burst so not edge rusher but I bet he could set it and push an interior guy 1v1

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

I watch the CFL a lot (I'm Canadian), so yes, I know what you're talking about. But Cleyon Laing just doesn't have the burst/length to be a DE. He's got a big frame, great leverage at the POA and in Canada he was very disruptive because of his ability to penetrate. Nasty streak in the trenches too. But I just don't think he's DE material. Love to be proven wrong though.
Ha! didnt notice you were Canadian too! You seem to know more about the player than I do, thanks for the insight.

Thanks for the insight!

Back
Top Bottom