What About The Ol? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What About The Ol?

VanDolPhan said:
Centers are actually very solid this year. Don't assume it's a weak year just cause of OT's. Centers are good and guards are pretty solid. It's just an utter crap year for tackles.

Very true. And McKinney didn't exactly remind anyone of Dwight Stephenson last year. Picking a center wouldn't be a bad idea.

There are about 7 Cs I can tell could become starters either this season, or soon enough.

would like to see chris kemoeatu last to our pick in 4th round. he is a monster.

1st round............Cedric Benson.....RB-Texas.....6'-0" 225 can definitly handle the load.

:wink: 3rd round...........Ben Wilkerson....C-LSU...6'-4" 300 Saban has first hand knowledge of his ability.I really think we must get a Center in this draft

4th round..........David Greene....QB-Georgia...6'-3" 227 Just like the lefty? Haven't seen much of him, but like what I've read.

5th round.......Alphonso Hodge...CB-Miami(OH) 6'-1" 206 4.40- 40 Great speed! I always like the taller DB's

7th round.......Patrick Body......S-Toledo 6'-2" 201 4.45- 40 Another speed guy. Again size/speed I like to see.
OR
7th round.......Lionel Turner....LB-LSU 6'-2" 255 Yes another one of Saban's guys.

volk said:
Why is it that everyone is glossing the OL problem over? I know Houck can do wonders with OL, but certainly the level of talent available to him on our line is mediocre at best! Why is it that I see so many mock drafts, and none of them include even one OL? Is there a dirth of them in the draft? Is there no good prospect for our picks?

Drafting Brown, Edwards, or Smith would be OK, but what are they going to do behind our OL? I realize we have to draft one of these guys with the number 2 if we can't trade down, but none of them are going to impact our team right away. Brown will struggle as much or worse than any other RB on our roster with this OL. WR's rarely excel during their rookie season, so drafting one this year will likely have little impact on this season. Even on the rare exception that rookie WR's do excel, they all need the QB to have enough time to find them on the field and get the throw off. A QB is always a multi-year prospect, so they will ride the bench, anyway.

Why not trade out of the top pick and get some OL and DL, and then do what we can with what is left? Aren't their any good lineman out there?

Joey 22 said:
There are about 7 Cs I can tell could become starters either this season, or soon enough.

I wouldn't go that far but there are 4-5 who have a really decent shot at being solid starters in this league.

Chris Spencer
Ben Wilkerson
Jason Brown
Scott Mruczkowski
Richie Incognito
Eric Ghiaciuc
Dylan Gandy

Back
Top Bottom