What about this guy as a possible QB Option? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What about this guy as a possible QB Option?

Dolphins99Fan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
He's young, he's cheap and he's on the blocks.. He's got a cannon for an arm and seems to have good knowledge of reading an opposing defense..

Mike_McMahon-1.jpg

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235119

What are your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked him alot couldn't really understand why they drafted Joey! I think he's better than what we have now! I know that's not saying much!!

I think he's worth looking at. What do you think about Volek?

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/188108

I think he has starter potential. He's coming off a nice year as a backup to a great QB (McNair) and under a great coach (Fisher). I would not mind seeing him as a backup to Brunell for a year or two. How much do you think someone like McMahon or Volek will cost?

"seems to have good knowledge of reading an opposing defense..

What makes you say this?..10 TD's and 12 INT's seem pretty pedestrian to me. Don't get me wrong, he could develop into something good, but he doesn't seem to have any more potential than the next guy. I do like his running ability. I hope and expect that Miami's front office will explore every possibility and get a solid QB for the future. At the very least, we need to find the next Jake Delhomme....basically the QB that Jay Fielder was supposed to be.

I am a fan of Volek as well.. We got a glimpse of what he's capable of in the Tennessee game..

In terms of what both men would cost the Dolphins, both are RFA I believe... I don't see either team looking for anything more than a third round pick...

I feel we need to go with someone proven. This team is no doubt a contender for the Lombardi Trophy next year. I'd love to take a chance on a young QB but only as a backup. We don't have the time to watch a QB develop on the field like some teams do, we just have to much talent to do that and where in a win it now attitude.

Originally posted by TonyStrong
I feel we need to go with someone proven. This team is no doubt a contender for the Lombardi Trophy next year. I'd love to take a chance on a young QB but only as a backup. We don't have the time to watch a QB develop on the field like some teams do, we just have to much talent to do that and where in a win it now attitude.

I believe EVERY team...every year....has time to watch a young QB develop...whether it be best on the bench or on the field. That's the single-most toughest position to have long-time depth in. I just think that we need a rook to develop, let Sage go, bring in an FA starter to compete with Jay for the job (after his pay cut...I don't think the Dolphins will release him).

That involves 1 draft pick....use the rest on OL/WR.

Is anyone else really PO'd at Dave Wannstedt for not starting Sage Rosenfels against the Bills and Jets in the last two games of the season?

Our playoff hopes had already been completely dashed, the players were out there playing good FOR WANNSTEDT cuz they didn't want to see him get canned, but we certainly could have used the opportunity to see what Sage Rosenfels can do. We've been developing him for 2 years now and they've been telling us that he's really good and will be not just a starter one day, but a really good starter. Well if we put him out there for two games I think we'd know a lot better what we need to do with our QB situation than we do right now I'll tell you that.

I would have been upset if Sage had shown anything in the preseason that suggested he can be a starter. He hasn't though. At best, he's a back up.

Volek might have his career ended because of that spleen burst.

does anyone really wanna get a backup again? i want a starter...

I think that the main reason Sage didn't start the last 2 games is because he is a free agent now and the Dolphins would like to resign him relatively cheap. If he starts and shows real potential, that just drives up his price as well as attract other suitors for his services. I also imagine Norv has a pretty good idea of what he has in Sage without having to showcase him in two meaningless games.

Originally posted by Predaphin34
M.McMahon, one of the top 3 guys on my free agent list.
c'mon, he went to rutgers. the last qb we got from ruts didn't work out too well

Back
Top Bottom