What about this trade? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What about this trade?

No. The Dolphins and Gase are not going to trade away their heart soul in the middle of a crisis. Let alone a leader on offense. The eagles will also have to pay Jeffery if he performs and adding Landry creates a log jam cap wise at the end of they year. You get terrible value in return in terms of players. Landry is also a good player but not worth a first round pick.

This is a hard no.

I see. Hopefully we hang onto him. So disappointing when your home grown guys bolt after 4 seasons.

Probably because we did such a bang up job replacing Wes Welker.....except Welker should have been much easier to replace.

Replace what, the ONE td he had receiving in 3 years(46 games) in Miami
You think Hartline needed a GPS UP HIS BUTT TO FIND THE END ZONE

how is Landry this tradeable asset?
He has been healthy and the most dependable WR. If we learn anything, it is better to have a deep WR problem.

Landry doesn't just bring a skill set, he brings leadership, perseverance, character, and intangibles that are hard to ignore. You people wanting to trade Landry away are pretty much looking to trade away a future HOF still looking to enter his prime.

Exactly. Miami will go many many drafts without ever hitting on another Jarvis Landry. Players like him don't just grow on trees, and they're not found in every draft.

It's not just the on field production Miami couldn't replace. It's the energy he brings that is difficult to find. Landry is the guy who brings the energy for Miami's offense. You've seen the difference since the first time he stepped on the field for the Dolphins.

Furthermore, he's the one who holds his offensive teammates accountable. Not only that, he holds the offensive coaches accountable for Miami. Believe me, nobody else on Miami's offense can do it.

Why do people think Landry is so easily replaced?

Because he is.........He really is.

Gase would have the time of his life mixing things around. Using Grant and Caroo on the outside and creating mismatches all over the field with Stills and Parker and Damien Williams and Thomas Duarte and Julius Thomas,and my favorite, Kenyon Drake,all putting in time as y-receivers. Then if you throw in the possibility of the Dolphins keeping six WR's you could create even more magic with the intriguing Stringfellow or Owusu.

Might see more double TE sets, which would be a good thing imo. If Fasano stays healthy this year, he is almost as good as an extra OT on the line.

But I am more about finding greatness. I like a straight up trade for LG Andrew Norwell with the Panthers. Norwell has been great the last two years and he appears to be on the way to becoming the next Marshall Yanda.

Exactly. Miami will go many many drafts without ever hitting on another Jarvis Landry. Players like him don't just grow on trees, and they're not found in every draft.

It's not just the on field production Miami couldn't replace. It's the energy he brings that is difficult to find. Landry is the guy who brings the energy for Miami's offense. You've seen the difference since the first time he stepped on the field for the Dolphins.

Furthermore, he's the one who holds his offensive teammates accountable. Not only that, he holds the offensive coaches accountable for Miami. Believe me, nobody else on Miami's offense can do it.

Yah, that sounds all rah! rah! and all, but I don't believe any of it. You guys have turned Landry into a cult hero of sorts and it almost time to start replacing
the Chuck Norris anecdotes with Jarvis Landry ones.

NFL players and coaches are grownups and they don't Jarvis to be their inspiration or their task master; If they do, then that is pathetic and they should be replaced.

Starting to look like an old west tabloid about Wild Bill Hickock.

I think it's more of get something for him before he leaves for nothing. Of course replacing him will be difficult but easier to do if you get some assets from him leaving.

He isn't going to leave for nothing. If worse comes to worse, the Dolphins will use the franchise tag to keep him.

Yah, that sounds all rah! rah! and all, but I don't believe any of it. You guys have turned Landry into a cult hero of sorts and it almost time to start replacing
the Chuck Norris anecdotes with Jarvis Landry ones.

NFL players and coaches are grownups and they don't Jarvis to be their inspiration or their task master; If they do, then that is pathetic and they should be replaced.

Starting to look like an old west tabloid about Wild Bill Hickock.

As far as I know, nobody around here turned Jarvis Landry into anything. Whatever he is, he earned.

Unlike all those iffy prospects you just threw out there as replacements.

Jakeem Grant is a 5'6" 150 pound special teams gadget...and not even a reliable one at that.

There's no way you actually believe all that you just posted. If so, you may want to stick to video games. Real football isn't a video game.

Adam Gase would be winning 4 games and out of a job taking your advice.

Although I'd like to see Landry in Atlanta with Matt Ryan and Julio. We'll send you a guard in exchange...

So the Dolphins have a wide receiver that they're hesitant to sign because he wants a huge contract. But don't worry: the solution is to ship him off to Philadelphia so that they then have to sign him to said huge contract, plus give the Dolphins two starters (at key positions of need for Miami) and their first round pick just for the privilege.

The only thing funnier than thinking that Philadelphia would agree to this is thinking that it's Miami who's getting hosed in the deal.

Back
Top Bottom