What about this...? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What about this...?

Raoul Duke

Connoisseur of the Herbage
Reaction score
I was thinking to myself and then talked to a buddy of mine who played for Grambling last year when they won the National Championship and we were talking about Gramblings QB. We realized that Bruce Eugene is very much like Daunte Culpepper. No i know he played in a small market but when C-Pepp was coming out of college so did he. Bruce Eugene in my opinon would be a great fit for a back up and a great pick in the draft (mid range draft pick).

Here are his numbers... http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=111723

now don't kill me for my opinion i was just making a suggestion and i think he would be a great fit and would flurish under the mentoring of Daunte. What do ya'll think?

He could be worth a look.

The difference between Culpepper playing at a "small" school and Eugene's is that UCF played teams like Nebraska during Daunte's senior year.

the comp % is the only thing that realy separates him from a top prospect and a late round/FA

other than that i think he can be a great qb

I like the thought, but it seems that we have a developmental small school Daunte clone in C.Lemon. To get Eugene, I think we would have to pick him in the 4th round (we don't have 5/6 rd picks), and I don't like him in the 4th. We only have 6 picks this year (rds - 1, 3, 4, 7,7,7) and I don't think we take a QB with any of them, unless we get more picks.

I got to watch Eugene play my cougs this last season. He is a good Qb. Smart, and a great arm. He really didn't have much help around him, but made things happen. Only problem I saw, is he is a big boy. He can move for his size, but it was like watching a DT drop back and pass. He could be worth a late round look, but I think he will go undrafted. Their band was tight though!

That guy does look pretty good, but id actually like omar jacobs as a backup to culpepper. If jacobs falls to the third, i believe this would be a much better investment.

Back
Top Bottom