What are our biggest needs going into this offseason? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What are our biggest needs going into this offseason?

miami234ever

DenverCheesesteak
Reaction score
What do you guys think? Besides a coach. :tongue: Here are mine assuming Culpepper gets healthy:

1. Left Tackle
2. S or CB (Wherever Jason Allen doesn't play next year)
3. A Strongside LB
4. A speedy WR that can stretch the field
5. Left Guard (Depending on how good Toledo + Fonoti really are)

Too bad the only good LT worth taking at #9 will be gone.:(

What do you guys think are our biggest needs?

What do you guys think? Besides a coach. :tongue: Here are mine assuming Culpepper gets healthy:

1. Left Tackle
2. S or CB (Wherever Jason Allen doesn't play next year)
3. A Strongside LB
4. A speedy WR that can stretch the field
5. Left Guard (Depending on how good Toledo + Fonoti really are)

Too bad the only good LT worth taking at #9 will be gone.:(

What do you guys think are our biggest needs?

1. QB even if Culpepper gets healthty, I mean, he could always easily get injured again no?

2. Left Tackle

3. Right and Left Guard

4. Wide Receiver

5. Tight End

6 Cornerback

7. Linebacker

8. Running back -Ronnie can't seem to make it through an entire season healthy and Ricky is, well, Ricky...

9. Defensive Tackle

10. Kicker, Mare's done and too expensive...

Basically, we've got Ronnie and Vernon Carey on offense, the rest probably needs to be rebuilt although I'd definitely say Wes Welker has earned a roster spot for next year...

IMHO...

1. CB - Will Allen and Travis Daniels arent #1 and #2 corners they should both be nickelbacks, so we should slide them down to our 2 and 3 corners
2. Left Tackle - We need a franchise LT desperatley
3. Wide Receiver - We need a fast receiver, (Ginn not Jarrett)
4. OLB - We need a solid OLB on the other side of Crowder

1. CB - Will Allen and Travis Daniels arent #1 and #2 corners they should both be nickelbacks, so we should slide them down to our 2 and 3 corners
2. Left Tackle - We need a franchise LT desperatley
3. Wide Receiver - We need a fast receiver, (Ginn not Jarrett)
4. OLB - We need a solid OLB on the other side of Crowder

Interesting points. However, what about QB? Are we set there with depth, past, present, future etc.? Is that position not more important than anyof those 4 others?

Interesting points. However, what about QB? Are we set there with depth, past, present, future etc.? Is that position not more important than anyof those 4 others?

Good Question i actually, honestly, forgot to put that in there, i think we should get colt brennen in the 2nd

I agree with most everyone else...BUT...

I actually really liked the way that Will Allen played this year. I think that we need to:

Sign Asante Samuel or Nate Clements...I like Samuel better.
Add a LB via FA...either Thomas or Briggs
Get a compliment to Ronnie...I would say that could be done through the draft in the 4th round or so.
Draft Ted Ginn Jr. or Dwayne Jarrett...preferrably Ginn. I like this kid more and more every day/
Find a big time tackle somewhere.

I agree with most everyone else...BUT...

I actually really liked the way that Will Allen played this year. I think that we need to:

Sign Asante Samuel or Nate Clements...I like Samuel better.
Add a LB via FA...either Thomas or Briggs
Get a compliment to Ronnie...I would say that could be done through the draft in the 4th round or so.
Draft Ted Ginn Jr. or Dwayne Jarrett...preferrably Ginn. I like this kid more and more every day/
Find a big time tackle somewhere.

I LIKE!!!!!!!!

1) QB - I have a hard time believing that Culpepper will ever reach the form that he once had (although I hope I'm proven wrong) and his reported inability to read defenses is a serious problem. Harrington doesn't seem to be the answer either, although I would keep him or Cleo as a #2. There are a few QB's around the league that are somewhat available that I'd like (Schaub comes to mind), but most of them have been debated ad nauseum on these boards and all have their own pros and cons. I think a quality QB in the draft is a must this year, even if it will take him a year to develop.

2) OL - Jets had the right idea last year with D'Brick and Mangold. I'd take any O-lineman of their caliber, especially with the idea that they will become a force for the future. I think we've had enough projects.

3) CB - Ah, the days of Surtain and Madison...I'd settle for a decent (i.e. consistent!) cover corner right now though. I don't think we need a shut-down corner right away, especially if our front 7 keep doing that they're doing. Between Allen and Bell, I think we'll be good at safety.

4) LB - I love Zach, don't get me wrong, but he's not getting any younger, and we will eventually need someone to take his place when he retires. Time to groom somebody because while I like Crowder, I don't know if he has what it takes to fill Zach's shoes. He could play OLB for now.

5) TE - Sorry Randy, you may be great at blocking, and a fiery leader, but stop dropping the ball. I'd draft a pass-catching TE before a WR this year (unless of course CJ fell to us).

6) WR - I actually don't know how much we need a WR right away. We've got Hagan and Vick as up-and-comers, Booker to teach them, and Wes to run circles around everyone. I really don't know what to do with Chambers though. I can't decide if he just needs a different coach, or if he really lacks the skills/concentration to catch the body passes. Maybe they could arrange for the QB to always through him impossible catches, because he's great at those.

Just my 2 cents...

1. WR's and TE's who hang on to the football
2. See #1
3. See #2

imo your right on target with a WR in the 1st round
QB in the 2nd round
LT in the 3rd round
cb in the 4th round
dt in the 5th round
ol in the 6th round
ol in the 7th round

then get one of the LBs via FA and maybe another cb :dolphins:

1. Center- Then we can move Hadnot back to guard, where I think he's not as overmatched

2. LT- Draft one only. if we don't get one in the draft, stick with Mciontosh and Alabi. I really don't think Leonard Davis is the answer. If he was that good, Arizona would keep him since there OL is in much worse shape then ours.

3. Guard- One new one should do, especially if we don't get a center. I think Jeno James is overrated. I would LOVE to get Steinbach but only if we don't overpay. Paying a lot for interior lineman the past few years has not paid out for anyone; Damion Woody, Hutchinson.

4. Home Run WR Threat from The Draft

Has to be QB first.

I think people who want a WR are crazy, our WR's are fine if we have a QB who is accurate. Even if not thee are plenty of WR's in free agency that can be had.

O-line help would be nice but it was somewhat amazing how much better ours looked when C-Pep got benched.

I just want a QB to make us proud and make us feel we have a chance with 2 minutes remaining, we haven't had that since Dan.

Back
Top Bottom