What are the chances the dolphins will make the playoffs? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What are the chances the dolphins will make the playoffs?

What are the chances the dolphins make the playoffs this year?

• Total voters

Built2Win

Active Roster
Reaction score
Afc east looks really tough this year
i think 10-6 in the afc east may not be good enough
that means the dolphins can only lose 2 more games to be assured a playoff spot
so do the dolphins find their mojo the rest of the year and go on a killer streak?

i'm not a betting man but i'd bet my life savings that we don't break 500.

The two wildcards are coming from the AFC North and AFC East. AFC North is easy, between Pittsburgh and Baltimore one will win the division and the other will get the wild card. Both teams can easily win 11+ games this year, so there goes one. Similar case in the AFC East with the Jets and the Pats, and you can now toss the Bills into the mix as well. I doubt 10-6 gets you in straight up this year, you'd have to break a tie and maybe a 3way tie. Our playoff chances are somewhere around 1% at this point.

puppet_facepalm-1.gif

[video=youtube;Dntsig8RcAA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dntsig8RcAA[/video]

[video=youtube;KX5jNnDMfxA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA&noredirect=1[/video]

According to Football Outsiders, 1.1%

A lot of that has to do not with the Dolphins current record, but with the fact that the playoff scenario for the AFC is pretty crowded. NE and NY have over 70% chances, with Buffalo having over 50%. Baltimore and Pittsburgh are both over 60%. It's tough.

After 3 games, I have a hard time thinking of how a team could have placed themselves in a tougher spot than the Dolphins. For so many reasons the playoffs seem wildly unrealistic.

Somewhere between 0 and 0.0001. Give or take a little.

25%, I still believe this team is loaded with talent, Clemons not playing I think has really hurt us and I belive if Vontae wasn't hurt last game at least we had a much better chance to win againt a decent cleveland team.

I said all summer we would struggle to Three-Peat ... 7-9 looks like rainbows & unicorns now!! Dark days are upon us.

That new movie "Dolphin Tale" ... where the Dolphin lost his A ... errr Tail .... "Dolphin Tale II" is going to be about our 2011 Season!!

Back
Top Bottom