What are your biggest concerns with current roster? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What are your biggest concerns with current roster?

Lack of dynamic and top tier players at all skill positions on O.

Parker had one good season, but im not buying in yet after so many poor years before it. I need to see more consistency

Even if Parker is elite, look at the AFC West's response to Mahomes. Denver drafted WR's at 15 and 46, even though they have one of the best, young WR's in the NFL, and Oakland used 12, 80, and 81 on WR's (though I guess they want to use Bowden Jr at RB). They play KC twice a year. They know they're not slowing them down. You need real firepower to compete consistently.

The matchup with Epenesa was that overblown...yes Epenesa had some good plays on him but he held his own for much of the game.

Also remember he was weakened by the bone marrow transplant and by most opinions, he got stronger as the year progressed.
The guy I hired to paint my house suffered from Luciemia and had bone marrow treatments. He oversaw the job as the boss, while his employees did the job. He told me it took a couple years before he felt like himself again. Now as for Jackson, he was the Donor, can't speak for him. But I'd imagine how weak he was while playing just after giving his sister a 2nd chance at life. I think some fans are overlooking the effects of what he did and the weakened state it left him in.

Even if Parker is elite, look at the AFC West's response to Mahomes. Denver drafted WR's at 15 and 46, even though they have one of the best, young WR's in the NFL, and Oakland used 12, 80, and 81 on WR's (though I guess they want to use Bowden Jr at RB). They play KC twice a year. They know they're not slowing them down. You need real firepower to compete consistently.

And it goes beyond WR. KC just added a top class RB and already have an elite TE. Even if we assume our WR group is acceptable, our best TE is a glorified slot WR and our RB group is average at best.

I didn't mind a 'meat and potatoes' off season - but we better load up on talent around Tua next year.

I wonder if we would have taken Lamb over a second tier tackle if he had dropped one more slot? I doubt it.

I said it would be QB until they spend a top pick on one with promise. Now, it's the offensive line (specifically tackle & pass protection) until proven otherwise on the field. We've got a young group so it'll take time.

What is my Biggest concern with the Roster? I have 3.
1, Can our new O-line coach develop talent? This is so important because no matter how "good" our new o-line might be it will need development to become great.
2. LB'ers need to show something. We have addressed the Defensive back and they should become dominant - D Line has some good upgrade on it but our line-backing group needed an upgrade too.
3. We are currently lacking in real #1 weapons for the offense. While I like the addition of Howard and Breida even together they are not truly inspiring. We will need a number 1 WR.

Hopefully Tua can elevate guys with certain skill sets- Parker’s high pointing, Wilson’s speed, Preston’s strength/ size, Breidas Speed.

Pass rushing and running back. I have an inclination Shaq Lawson is going to go into the Phillip Wheeler category of free agency signings.

Howard is a jag to me and Brieda has issues staying healthy.

Our talent level on tbe edge on d isn’t great by any means but i will buy into the scheme driving it for now

Those teams know you win with explosive plays that come mostly from the passing game. I was very disappointed we totally passed on maybe the best WR class ever in this draft. I hope they don't make the same mistake next year.

Pass rushing and running back. I have an inclination Shaq Lawson is going to go into the Phillip Wheeler category of free agency signings.

Howard is a jag to me and Brieda has issues staying healthy.

I don’t know that it will ever be in the Philip wheeler eye sore level but validate that contract with Lawson? Seriously doubt it.

Theres an awful lot of faith in scheme that has to be placed here for these things to happen. Buffalo isn’t gonna miss him I can tell ya that. Upticks in play from Edmunds at lb and Ed Oliver will easily offset

Parkers problem has never been talent. It’s been qb skill set as in willingness to throw the 50/50 or go climb the ladder ball and health. And largely the latter.

theres also been some desire questions in there that I think are fair but I think that’s always been as a result of not being healthy.

I don’t see tua being a problem with any of the willingness to ask his wr to go make a play stuff

I don’t know that it will ever be in the Philip wheeler eye sore level but validate that contract with Lawson? Seriously doubt it.

Theres an awful lot of faith in scheme that has to be placed here for these things to happen. Buffalo isn’t gonna miss him I can tell ya that. Upticks in play from Edmunds at lb and Ed Oliver will easily offset

Teams don't typically let young pass rushers go. I don't think the Bills were ever too concerned with keeping him.

Back
Top Bottom