What are your biggest concerns with current roster? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What are your biggest concerns with current roster?

There are lots of concerns on this team, lots of lagit concerns here. Even at RB Jordan Howard only had 510 yrds and 6 TD's last year. Ballage will likely be our best performer. Breida 2 TDs 465 yds. Laird and Gasking round it out. Some of those may end up on the practice squad, this will not even going be a mediocre rushing attack in 2020. The 6 wins Vegas gives us this year is about right.

What is my Biggest concern with the Roster? I have 3.
1, Can our new O-line coach develop talent? This is so important because no matter how "good" our new o-line might be it will need development to become great.
2. LB'ers need to show something. We have addressed the Defensive back and they should become dominant - D Line has some good upgrade on it but our line-backing group needed an upgrade too.
3. We are currently lacking in real #1 weapons for the offense. While I like the addition of Howard and Breida even together they are not truly inspiring. We will need a number 1 WR.

I actually thought our LB group may be one of the biggest upgrades we did. Kyle Van Noy is a premier hybrid LB, Elandon Roberts is a good depth piece, Vince Biegel slides into a situational/back up role he was solid last year, Kamu Grugier Hill becomes our special teams dynamo, then you have Raekwon, Jerome, and Van Ginkel who should all improve in year 2 of the defense

I think we are adding a lot of solid pieces via the Draft, getting the QB will and always will be the biggest factor, but I also worry that we have added a lot of "ok" players in Free Agency. The team went from having a god awful roster to an OK roster. O-line is going to be a concern, but I do like that they are throwing a ton of resources at the unit to see what sticks. If you continue to do that, you should be able to have a good group of 5 and a few solid depth options. I'm not overly concerned with the skill positions. RB group has improved and the WR group is fine, the biggest issue was getting the guys up front to protect Messiah. Getting the group to gel and to be better then last year will be extremely important.

The guy I hired to paint my house suffered from Luciemia and had bone marrow treatments. He oversaw the job as the boss, while his employees did the job. He told me it took a couple years before he felt like himself again. Now as for Jackson, he was the Donor, can't speak for him. But I'd imagine how weak he was while playing just after giving his sister a 2nd chance at life. I think some fans are overlooking the effects of what he did and the weakened state it left him in.

Indeed...when I look at this kids age, the situation he was in, and his physical skills?

I like the pick!

I actually thought our LB group may be one of the biggest upgrades we did. Kyle Van Noy is a premier hybrid LB, Elandon Roberts is a good depth piece, Vince Biegel slides into a situational/back up role he was solid last year, Kamu Grugier Hill becomes our special teams dynamo, then you have Raekwon, Jerome, and Van Ginkel who should all improve in year 2 of the defense

Ill be honest I completely forgot about the addition of Van Noy :bye:- I just look at the LB'ers and see a lot of depth players and no STUD! Really we should be greatly improved on D as a whole but we need to see the season play out and I am hopeful my concerns with that group will evaporate going into next season.

Igby is going to be a day 1 nickel. I could definitely see Bobby McCain getting cut or having a tiny roll and then getting cut next year with only about a mil of dead money.

I wonder if he has value for a 6th or 7th round pick. Hell, we got that for Jordan Lucas and Charles Harris
I think we could trade McCain to a cb needy team. a nickel needy team only

For me it's all about Chan Gailey. It's not 1980 anymore and his assistants are not on anyone's radar as up and coming talent.

Biggest concern is that last year was a fluke in player development and we won't develop players as well going forward.

Ill be honest I completely forgot about the addition of Van Noy :bye:- I just look at the LB'ers and see a lot of depth players and no STUD! Really we should be greatly improved on D as a whole but we need to see the season play out and I am hopeful my concerns with that group will evaporate going into next season.
Yeah I mean Jerome Baker is kind of the wild card. I’m really high on him I think he has Probowl potential. He just needs to settle down a little bit and be able to play in space and not get swallowed up by blockers. Last year they experimented with him in some of the hybrid roles. Now that we have Van Noy to do that I think it will allow Baker to thrive in his role. Similar to how last year Raekwon Thrived when the coaches just let him play down hill as a 2 down thumper. I feel like our LB Corp has a lot of role specific players which meshes well with a good scheme

My biggest concerns/needs heading forward
1 - FS - It looks like Brandon Jones will be starting there next year which could lead to some troubles, as he is a rookie. I expect Jones to be a starting caliber FS by at least 2021 2022
2 - RT - Jesse Davis is a very below average starting Tackle, what I’m hoping is that we sign Warford and hopefully Hunt is ready to go at starting RT week 1.
3 - WR - Williams and Parker are great but that’s really all we got, not too mention they are both injury prone, if even one of them gets injured again then are WR Core is super weak. We need to stock up on good wide receivers in 2021 draft
4 - TE - Gesecki isn’t really a real tight end, he’s great at pass catching but he can’t block very well. And I just don’t trust Smythe I can’t even remember him on the field last year
5 - ILB - This isn’t really too much of a concern but I would like a real stud MLB someone like Jaylon Smith.

Biggest concern is that last year was a fluke in player development and we won't develop players as well going forward.

after playing last year with 40 UDFAs, I’m not concerned.

worst case scenario this throws a new learning experience to Tua. You likely won’t have much miscommunication between Gailey and Fitzpatrick, so this will definitely be the most mature football team we’ve had in many years (probably since Pennington).

Whether we are good or bad, this is going to help Tua grow as a player.

Honestly?

The fans and local beat writers.

If we experience any growing pains, Armando and the other idiots will push all the little rage buttons, (like he did when he claimed we were tanking in December of 2018!) and activate the fanbase's collective insanity, which could be a major distraction. And that distraction, could add to the growing pains, which just creates this vicious cycle that feeds itself.

Back
Top Bottom