What are your draft day plans? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What are your draft day plans?

phunwin

The name's Bond...James Bond.
Reaction score
We, the hardest of the hard core, seem like the NFL's target audience for draft day. So what do you guys do?

Personally, I have a group of friends over, drink beer and eat pizza. Exciting, huh? (Any locals, consider yourself invited) My buddy Kev takes particular delight in recounting the infamous 2003 draft, where, after 8 or 10 beers, I shouted at the TV, "EDDIE F***ING MOORE?!?!" and repeated that for a solid five minutes.

I actually like to play a game on Draft day. Rather than doing the mock draft way ahead of time I like to keep my draft info handy and predict each selection pick by pick as they come up. My brother (Browns fan) and I have been playing the picks game since back when we drafted Richmond Webb. I like playing the draft game this way because a few missed picks can screw the whole list the other way. This way each pick has a chance of being right and it even allows for recovery when teams reach and such.

Give me food, drink, and my draft info and i'm good to go.

I'll be here at my house, watching intently and monitoring the site. My best friend might make it over. Regardless, I don't leave the house until the final pick of the third round it up.

I feel bad for my brother. He's got a race all the way in Jacksonville that morning. It's killing him.

Me and my brother also do that same kind of draft game. It's funner that way. :)

phunwin said:
My buddy Kev takes particular delight in recounting the infamous 2003 draft, where, after 8 or 10 beers, I shouted at the TV, "EDDIE F***ING MOORE?!?!" and repeated that for a solid five minutes.

There were two and only two quotes that were uttered that year:

"Who?!?!"

and

"Eddie Moore!?!"

Hey, it could have been worse. We could have been the Oakland Raiders. They spent their two first round picks on Nnamdi Asomugha and Tyler Brayton that year. :eek2:

:lol:

I remember the 1986 draft, the Bills drafted RB Ronnie Harmon.... I also kicked the TV in :mad: He ended up being a decent player though. The 1988 draft, my best friend (Ebenezer at BZ), complained when we drafted Thurman Thomas :rofl: I think he was wrong about that one :lol:

But I have all the stories beat....during the 1st rd of the 2003 draft, I made a bet that there was NO WAY IN FRICKIN' HELL the Bills would draft McGahee. I have a low tolerance to spice. The bet: I would eat 1 single order of "suicide" wings if the Bills selected McGahee :mad:

Clumpy said:
:lol:

I remember the 1986 draft, the Bills drafted RB Ronnie Harmon.... I also kicked the TV in :mad: He ended up being a decent player though. The 1988 draft, my best friend (Ebenezer at BZ), complained when we drafted Thurman Thomas :rofl: I think he was wrong about that one :lol:

But I have all the stories beat....during the 1st rd of the 2003 draft, I made a bet that there was NO WAY IN FRICKIN' HELL the Bills would draft McGahee. I have a low tolerance to spice. The bet: I would eat 1 single order of "suicide" wings if the Bills selected McGahee :mad:

:roflmao:

Duff's suicide wings, right?

Clumpy --> :fire:

Muck said:
I'll be here at my house, watching intently and monitoring the site. My best friend might make it over. Regardless, I don't leave the house until the final pick of the third round it up.

I feel bad for my brother. He's got a race all the way in Jacksonville that morning. It's killing him.

I don't leave the house at all. By the end of the third round, I am passed out drunk, and need sleep.

Clumpy said:
If I lived close enough, I would go to your party wearing every piece of Bills clothing I owned :D

We would welcome you in kind, believe you me!
:wink:

Usually me and four or five of my brothers (we have eight boys in all) gather at a house. We all wear the Dolphin gear, BBQ, and drink beer. We then pontificate for hours about the stupidity or excitement of our pick.

Back
Top Bottom