What Are Your Top 3 Disappointments And Top 3 Reasons For Optimism From This Season? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Are Your Top 3 Disappointments And Top 3 Reasons For Optimism From This Season?

Gesicki looks hopeless. Lord knows he is trying but anything that involves any contact and he looks like a joke.

And there isn’t a LB on this team that could make me pass on Devin White if he fell in our lap in round 1. I give two damns about the assets we have used on the position. Team needs a playmaker in the middle of that front 7.

The way Kiko looked yesterday I wouldn’t hesitate with any front 7 add. But I bet they give it a year with the lb level and clear a 2019 path for kwon and Baker betting on development.

I agree though lb upgrade add if we do it great.

Flex tight end I don’t care what gesicki does this offseason make it a priority. Dump that and get someone else

And one more thing with kwon. When your assignment falls down on goalline pa why in the hell would you just abandon it and flow outside?

Cause your lost that’s why. I want to trade kwon and gesickis sorry *** for first team that offers a 3rd round pick.

Come get these bums. Take Bobby McCain’s sorry *** too. These guys are a joke.

You misspelled Ryan Tannehill, Charles Harris, and Devante Parker.

Devin White, Greedy William's, or perhaps one of the many DT's or DE's that may be available when Miami selects in round one. Looks like a top 7-10 pick for Miami

Devin White, Greedy William's, or perhaps one of the many DT's or DE's that may be available when Miami selects in round one. Looks like a top 7-10 pick for Miami

Hell no to Devin White at 7-10, Greedy Williams would be fine in that range tho.

I will take the stud LB. He is at the top of my list unless we are so bad that we can get one of the ultra premium defensive linemen

Hell no to Devin White at 7-10, Greedy Williams would be fine in that range tho.

Only saw white once but I saw better athlete than instincts.

Wish we could have gotten our hands on Darius Leonard I know that much. He’d be the best lb on this team hands down straight out the box

I'm shocked no one has said Kiko is their biggest disappointment.
Come on! I know you're out there.

I'm not going to list Top 3. I'm only going to list one that I think encompasses the majority of our failures.

Management which includes coaching.

If we were truly competent at that level then most of our player accusation, training, and ultimately retention would be much better.
If we were truly competent then our prep leading into game day and our in-game play and adjustment would be much better.

You look around the NFL and it's no secret. The teams that have good, smart, adaptable, innovate folks running things at the top typically have nice products on the field.

One of the biggest things people are getting wrong about Gesicki that concerns me is this - they just point out stats of other first year TE's and say "See look! 1st year TE's rarely produce!!"

Well, that's true. However, it's not the lack of production that more astute observers are necessarily questioning. It's the way he's playing the game and what he looks like on the field as a football player. He's not playing football out there. He's playing athlete.

Production can typically come eventually for young TE's as they develop, if they're already playing football. He's not. This is squarely on the coaching staff, and also on Gesicki.

I agree that Gesicki doesn't look like an NFL TE. I had a feeling we wouldn't strike gold the first time we invest a top draft pick on a TE, based on the odds it usually takes a couple tries before a team really hits on a TE. The last time we drafted a TE early was Egnew and that was a reach.

The disappointments outweigh the positives which is why there is so much negativity within this fanbase right now and the future looks cloudy instead of bright.

We need some major changes in our coaching staff, on defense and on offense, mainly at the QB position. I've seen enough of Tannehill to know he isn't good enough.

Only saw white once but I saw better athlete than instincts.

Wish we could have gotten our hands on Darius Leonard I know that much. He’d be the best lb on this team hands down straight out the box

Leonard was everywhere yesterday.White is way more athlete and I still wouldn't call his range elite. Lacks great instincts and doesn't have elite movement, u can forget about the top 15.

Yep. But I'd correct those mistakes quickly. I wouldn't make excuses for 7 years.

The problem with Miami is they don't have the brains or the guts to admit mistakes. They always let em linger until you can't correct em.

I’m not gonna get into it with you cause I respect the amount of homework you do etc. but you and I both know that when it comes to first round and even top 50 picks teams give them longer leashes and bet on development longer than maybe they should all the time. That’s not miami specific that’s league wide. It’s how you end up with rookie QBs playing 4 years despite stinking up the joint from the get go or des given until year 3 to show. Because it’s relative to the cost of the position in free agency and the value of the rookie contract relative.

Anyways I agree with you that Charles Harris looks more and more like a 5th round pick return and dvp while Uber talented may just not have the desire between the ears.

As for the qb I can win with him but I don’t have a problem saying that top 5 development I was banking on as a rookie over the years that ship has sailed.

Miami would be wise to do what kc did. Keep tanny for 2019 heck maybe he takes a cut and if he does you likely have to throw him a 2020 bone. Be all in on a qb in the 2020 class and maybe tanny starts that year while the kid develops and who knows maybe he shows enough where you can trade tanny like the chiefs did with Alex Smith. One thing I do agree with is he needs legit competition and the only way that’s gonna happen is likely an all eggs in one basket top pick qb that if need be we go get.

But that’s gonna have to wait til 2020.

Back
Top Bottom