What can Tua do that Josh can't? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What can Tua do that Josh can't?

herbert has more potential than both of them and after the combine will be the #1 pick

You need to watch him play dude, he may have some highlight reel stuff and has the measurables but he's got a lot of work to do to catch up to Tua and even Jake Fromm or Jordan Love, for me he's the 4th at best QB prospect this year and others are catching him big time watch the QBs at Washington and LSU.

For one thing, when Tua runs he has some weight behind him. I think Rosen is a little light to be working behind this line. He has some great skills but he needs to be protected so he can use em.

TBD.

I think there is a lot more evaluation to do on both QB's before anything is decided.

Thankfully the Dolphins agree because......how could they not?

I like the things Rosen can do. I like the things Tua can do. I don't want to join one side or the other 1 start into Rosen's tenure. I am an also an Alabama skeptic. I ALSO don't want to miss out on a generational talent if Rosen is just good. I don't think there is a need to fall in line with either "side" right now.

I don't really want to have both for some reason though, but if it comes to that so be it.

This FO values draft picks and flexibility above all else right.

I contend that by April, the decision will likely be a lot clearer than it is today. I think this is what has people a bit on edge; the current path hasn't been defined.

Believe it or not, it's easier to evaluate the situation once the games are all actually played.

TBD.

I agree with this. Question for CFB fans when does Tua play a really good team this year? I’d like to make that appointment TV. I saw the highlights from his last game but Cmon that may as well have been me chasing after those WR’s.

If the excuse train is rolling in afterTua plays a good college team I’ll be skeptical. People love making excuses for players they like. Mayfield is a perfect example here. People are crying about his tackle play when Josh Rosen is playing with a rookie G at LT and street free agent at RT. C’mon now!

I've heard he hasn't looked the part in games, but I haven't seen him play.
i'd get a new guy to hear things from.
74% 1127yds 14td 0int with nuetral/road games vs auburn and stanford.

meanwhile tua puts up only slightly better numbers playing on a semi pro team in games vs duke, new mexico st, southern miss and a 1-3 south carolina team.

tua is more day 1 ready for the speed of the nfl but herbert is the long term franchise qb.

regardless of which you prefer, this rosen is the answer talk is nonsense. there isn't a team in the league, including miami that would trade tua or herbert for rosen.

I agree with this. Question for CFB fans when does Tua play a really good team this year? I’d like to make that appointment TV. I saw the highlights from his last game but Cmon that may as well have been me chasing after those WR’s.

vs. aTm: Oct. 12th

vs. LSU: Nov. 9th

vs. Aub Nov. 30th

vs. UGA Dec. 7th? (SEC Championship)

Last year he put up 14 TD's (running & throwing) and 4 INT's in these games. We'll see what happens this year, but lets not act like we haven't already seen it either. He's better this year.

Tua
Adjusted Yards per Attempt - 12.8
TDs 71
Ints 8
Rating 201.8
Completion % - 70%
Attempts - 544

Rosen
Adjusted Yards per Attempt - 8.0
TDs - 59
Ints - 26
Rating - 140
Completion % - 60%
Attempts - 1170

12 more TDs on 600 less attempts. Higher completion %. 33% higher yards per attempt. This isnt even a competition. To Rosen's defense, comparing Tua to any QB is unfair. He on a historic pace. Im not even gonna get on the SEC defenses vs. Pac 12 defenses debate.

This is why people believe no matter what Rosen does this season, we are drafting Tua.

Whats amazing is that Tua is one of the most aggressive QBs I have seen play and he has a 70% completion %. Its unreal what he's doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tua is clearly a better prospect than Rosen, but if Rosen is given a good team I believe you can win it all with him because he has some decent talent.

Hypothetically if we get 1st overall Tua will likely be the pick, but if another team offers three 1st's for Tua I don't think he's that elite of a prospect to pass up a deal like that.

If we are able to trade any of our 3 first round picks next year for MORE assets we're cooking with grease.

People will call Grier lucky for all these foolish teams giving us so many picks (people already are), but luck is a huge part of sports and it takes skill to put yourself in a position to be lucky.

Tua is clearly a better prospect than Rosen, but if Rosen is given a good team I believe you can win it all with him because he has some decent talent.

Hypothetically if we get 1st overall Tua will likely be the pick, but if another team offers three 1st's for Tua I don't think he's that elite of a prospect to pass up a deal like that.

If we are able to trade any of our 3 first round picks next year for MORE assets we're cooking with grease.

People will call Grier lucky for all these foolish teams giving us so many picks, but luck is a part of sports and it takes skill to put yourself in a position to be lucky.

what has he done in the NFL that give you any basis to say that? "Decent" talent doesnt win super bowls. If Tua is a better Prospect, then Rosen hasnt done any thing in the NFL to disprove he's gonna be better than Tua in the NFL. You are not making any argument for Rosen.

what has he done in the NFL that give you any basis to say that? "Decent" talent doesnt win super bowls.

You don't need an elite QB to win a SB, you need an elite team or a whole lot of luck like the Eagles and Ravens have gotten recently.

I can't say definitively if Rosen has the goods to take a good team to a SB and win it (obviously), but from what I've seen from him he's a fairly talented QB who makes too many bad decisions which can be improved over time.

There have certainly been less talented QB's than Rosen to win one so I believe he can do it theoretically which is ALL that matters at the end of the day.

But yea, I'd draft Tua if he's there and no one is offering ridiculous loot (which is very possible) lol.

You need to watch him play dude, he may have some highlight reel stuff and has the measurables but he's got a lot of work to do to catch up to Tua and even Jake Fromm or Jordan Love, for me he's the 4th at best QB prospect this year and others are catching him big time watch the QBs at Washington and LSU.
i watch. i like jordan love better than fromm but the level of competition is concerning and he's had some absolutely dreadful games vs weak opponents. you can't just dismiss that.

You don't need an elite QB to win a SB, you need an elite team or a whole lot of luck like the Eagles and Ravens have gotten recently.

I can't say definitively if Rosen has the goods to take a good team to a SB and win it (obviously), but from what I've seen from him he's a fairly talented QB who make too many bad decisions which can be improved over time.

There have certainly been less talented QB's than Rosen to win one so I believe he can do it.

Or just get the more talented QB so we dont have to hit a 2-3 year window with a great defense.

Get drafted by the Dolphins but aside from that his accuracy and ball placement is what sets him apart. I read somewhere here that something like 70% of Tua's yards this year are coming from yac. I look at that as a positive as it show's he's hitting receivers in stride and giving them the chance to pick up extra yards. I could see someone like Albert Wilson (or a WR like him) benefitting greatly.
Yep a lot of throws from Tua is him throwing the WR open. It looks like the WR is just wide open....that’s not by accident.

i'd get a new guy to hear things from.
74% 1127yds 14td 0int with nuetral/road games vs auburn and stanford.

meanwhile tua puts up only slightly better numbers playing on a semi pro team in games vs duke, new mexico st, southern miss and a 1-3 south carolina team.

tua is more day 1 ready for the speed of the nfl but herbert is the long term franchise qb.

regardless of which you prefer, this rosen is the answer talk is nonsense. there isn't a team in the league, including miami that would trade tua or herbert for rosen.

Herbet has put up a good 4 games stretch. Tua has done it his whole career. Lets not act like this is new for Tua. He had 6 TDs against that Auburn defense last year. The same defense Herbert lost to and had 1 TD.

Back
Top Bottom