What can Tua do that Josh can't? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What can Tua do that Josh can't?

herbert has more potential than both of them and after the combine will be the #1 pick
i take this back. we're 99.9% picking #1 and we're 99.9% taking tua.
but the league consensus after the combine with be herbert is the guy.
as many times as we've ****** things up, whats one more?

You don't need an elite QB to win a SB, you need an elite team or a whole lot of luck like the Eagles and Ravens have gotten recently.

I can't say definitively if Rosen has the goods to take a good team to a SB and win it (obviously), but from what I've seen from him he's a fairly talented QB who makes too many bad decisions which can be improved over time.

There have certainly been less talented QB's than Rosen to win one so I believe he can do it theoretically which is ALL that matters at the end of the day.

But yea, I'd draft Tua if he's there and no one is offering ridiculous loot (which is very possible) lol.

Outside of Foles, which looks like a fluke, the last 10+ Super Bowl winning QBs have been named Brady, Brees, Roethlesberger, and Manning, and Wilson.

Are you sure you don’t need an elite QB? History tells a different story.

Outside of Foles, which looks like a fluke, the last 10+ Super Bowl winning QBs have been named Brady, Brees, Roethlesberger, and Manning, and Wilson.

And Foles put up an Elite performance to beat the best QB of all time. That last part hurt to say.

Tell that to guys like Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, and Doug Williams who won Super Bowls without being elite QB's.

Tell that to guys like Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, and Doug Williams who won Super Bowls without being elite QB's.

Cool. Let’s look for the extreme outliers and ignore the reality of the situation. Great way to build a football team. You might actually work for the Fins front office based on how this team has been built during that time.

And then never sniffed success again. Nobody said you NEED an elite QB to win a Super Bowl, but it's inarguable that having one leads to sustained success whereas it's actually much harder to keep an elite defense together so guys like Dilfer and Brad Johnson couldn't continue to ride that gravy train.

Well, Tua's ball placement and accuracy are elite...to the point that he could come into the NFL day one and be one of the best in that area.

Second, Tua has a fantastic feel for the position...natural understanding of what to do.

Third, he plays with great anticipation.

Fourth, He has excellent pocket awareness and he has enough mobility to make something happen with his legs.

Fifth, Presnap...Hell Rosen has already mentioned he didn't even have to identify the mike.

Also, please stop with the "Herbert will be the top prospect"...have you seen the dude play vs pressure...it is awful. HE is a better athlete and has a stronger arm...that is it.

regardless of which you prefer, this rosen is the answer talk is nonsense. there isn't a team in the league, including miami that would trade tua or herbert for rosen.

But it's also not an apples to apples comparison.

You could be comparing acquiring Tua/Herbert to Rosen + Chase Young + substantial draft pick compensation.

But does it?

18 - Drew Brees should have beaten Goff last year because he's elite and Goff isn't, but that didn't happen.
17 - Phi won the year before, Foles not elite.
16 - NE won the year before, Brady elite.
15 - DEN beat CAR in a year where Cam was elite and PM absolutely wasn't, dude literally had 1 good drive before his arm fell off and then let the defense WORK on an "elite" QB.
14 - NE beats Sea with TB, TB the TRUE outlier
13 - SEA beats DEN with an ELITE PM, RW did not have to be elite, my mother could have won that SB with that rushing attack and possibly the greatest pass defense the NFL has ever seen, and one of the best overall defenses ever assembled.

Looks to me like football is still the ultimate team game.

Last edited:
But does it?

18 - Drew Brees should have beaten Goff last year because he's elite and Goff isn't, but that didn't happen.
15 - DEN beat CAR in a year where Cam was elite and PM absolutely wasn't, dude liteally had 1 good drive before his arm fell off and then let the defense WORK on an "elite" QB.
14 - NE beats Sea with TB, the TRUE outlier
13 - SEA beats DEN with an ELITE PM, RW did not have to be elite, my mother could have won that SB with that rushing attack and possibly the greatest pass defense the NFL has ever seen, and one of the best overall defenses ever assembled.

Lol... giving an example using last year's Saints - Rams game that caused rule changes because the Saints should have been in the Super Bowl. Also, cool pick using an NFC championship game for 2018 and not... you know... the ACTUAL Super Bowl where Brady won again.

What is your schtick here? Are you actually Josh Rosen?

But does it?

15 - DEN beat CAR in a year where Cam was elite and PM absolutely wasn't, dude liteally had 1 good drive before his arm fell off and then let the defense WORK on an "elite" QB.
14 - NE beats Sea with TB, TB the TRUE outlier

Your argument is all shoulda-woulda-coulda. Elite QBs clearly win Super Bowls in the modern NFL. The rules favor passing attacks. You can hate it if you want, but it’s the way of the game now. QB is the single most important position on the field and should be treated as such.

Back
Top Bottom