What Changes Are Needed To Propell Us To Sb Contenders? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Changes Are Needed To Propell Us To Sb Contenders?

Getting tired of the amount of OLD people here who are begging for us to go back to being a "tough hard nosed football team"....

Look at the top 5 teams in our 2018 NFL.

Rams
Saints
Pats
Chiefs
Chargers
Which one of these teams is built like that?
Not a single one of them is all that worried about running the ball or stopping the run...its much more about having a dynamic passing attack and creating turnovers on defense.

Look at the last 2 super bowls...Look at the way those teams were made up...NFL has changed.....clinging to an outdated style won't do anything beneficial

We need an elite mind at either coach or personnel director. Preferably both. At that point the decisions and results take care of themselves.

If you look at Ryan Tannehill 's resume/bio and somehow conclude he is worthy of the 8th pick in any draft then you are destined to make one brutal decision after another.

We need to find the guy who would have scoffed at any notion of drafting a Ryan Tannehill in that range.

I love litmus tests and the Tannehill question is one I would use as identifier. It could be especially effective because the dunce potentials might believe you are looking for positive feedback on drafting Tannehill in 2012.

Instead...out the door, pal

Getting tired of the amount of OLD people here who are begging for us to go back to being a "tough hard nosed football team"....

Rams
Saints
Pats
Chiefs
Chargers
Not a single one of them is all that worried about running the ball or stopping the run...its much more about having a dynamic passing attack and creating turnovers on defense.

Look at the last 2 super bowls...Look at the way those teams were made up...NFL has changed.....clinging to an outdated style won't do anything beneficial

The top 2 Rushing TD offenses are in that list. All 5 teams avg 100 + yards a game. 4 are in the top 15 in rushing offense. The RAMS are 2nd in the NFL in attempts.

Come on man.

QB,2 DE, 1 CB, OL, new scheme on D, someone else calling plays on O, and strength coaches.

The top 2 Rushing TD offenses are in that list. All 5 teams avg 100 + yards a game. 4 are in the top 15 in rushing offense. The RAMS are 2nd in the NFL in attempts.

Come on man.
Be careful, you are clouding opinions with facts...LOL

Not to mention Phil was the #3 teams in RYPG last year, and the #4 defense.

Rams
Saints
Pats
Chiefs
Chargers

While it's true that you can't rely on the old pound and ground game to win consistently, one thing that has never changed is the team that wins at the los, is usually the team that wins. If your offensive line can't create any running lanes or pass protect your offense will never be productive. If your defense can never stop the run and can't get pressure, it will give up a lot of yards and points, (i.e.: the Dolphins of the last 3 weeks). It is true that defenses are designed to bend and not break, thereby relying on turnovers, and the best offenses can hit big chunk plays to score in a hurry, but if you can't hold your own at the los, you will lose. That part of the game has remained the same..

• No more Czar.
• Clear out FO, include full scouting/personnel reboot.
• GM (Hightower/Wolf/Reddick) hires HC/coaches and handles 53.
• Install FieldTurf at HRS.

There needs to be some philosophy changes on both sides of the ball. Bubble screens and the Wide 9 aren’t the way to go.
Taking that to another level, I'd like to see Miami get ahead of the trends for a change. The Dolphins always seem to be behind current trends and by the time they catch-up another trend has popped up. Putting it more succinctly, set the pace and be innovative.

Change must start at the top. Ross needs to sell the team, or find someone who knows what they're doing to make ALL of the football decisions, with the first decision being to fire Tannenbaum, Grier, probably most of the Front Office personnel, and Gase. (The only coach who isn't clueless is Rizzi.)

Most teams can field a half-decent o-line using mid-round picks, yet Miami wastes far too many first round picks and still can't consistently pass-block or run-block. They make huge mistakes when it comes to Free Agent contracts. The Defensive Coordinator is a joke, and the Head Coach (a so-called offensive genius who also calls the plays) is so inept that his offense rarely scores until nearly half-time and they rank at or near the bottom of every offensive category. They have a handful of talented players, and far too many starters that wouldn't make it as a back-up on a good team. There is no quality depth at ANY position.

This is not a professional football team; this is a clown show. Clean house, and build a real team with real Front Office personnel, and real coaches who actually know how to run a football team. I'm sure that there are those who think that replacing Burke and finding a better QB will make them a contender. Does it really matter who's at QB when Gase calls idiotic plays? Philbin started this finesse garbage, and Gase is continuing it. The results have been pathetic; finesse can't block or tackle, and finesse can't force their will on an opponent. Miami went 3-0 because of a few trick plays that worked, and some timely turnovers. Once those lucky breaks no longer went their way, they had to reply on actually playing the tough and physical game of football, and a 1-4 record over the last 5 games shows that this team is not able to do that. CLEAN HOUSE!
The problem is that Ross is not likely to sell the team. I do agree with a lot of what you say, but I do think Grier has shown some promise as a GM. He missed on Harris, but overall he's done quite a bit better than Hickey and Ireland albeit in a short time frame.

Rams
Saints
Pats
Chiefs
Chargers

Spot on. I'm an old school guy, but you are absolutely right the league has changed. I'm not sure it even makes sense for Miami to spend high picks on defense when the offense really dictates the game. Obviously, you still need defense and Miami still has to do a better job stopping the run.

But, I'd build the offense to the point where it can compete with the better teams. To me, that starts on the offensive line. I like how Tunsil has played this year, getting Sitton back will be big. Build the interior of that line and make it a strength. I know this won't be popular, but go with Tannehill for at least one more season. This isn't the draft to pick a quarterback high, mid-round yes. Go all in on offense and give Gase something to work with.

First and foremost. you need to hit on your draft picks. Getting good production from cheap contracts is your ticket... I guess its easier to plunge your head into the sand and convice yourself an elite QB fixes all of your problems...

Back
Top Bottom