What Changes Are Needed To Propell Us To Sb Contenders? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Changes Are Needed To Propell Us To Sb Contenders?

Finner89

Active Roster
Reaction score
Just as the question poses. What specific personnel moves need to happen in order for us to become SB contenders?

All defense this next draft . . . Then you Gotta hit the rock bottom next year, blow it all up, draft Tua in 2020.

I say in 3 years we could be where the Rams were last season

The good news is that every year there are surprises in the NFL. Last year the Philadelphia Eagles came out of nowhere to win the super bowl. I think even their most enthusiastic fans might have thought the Eagles had a chance to make the postseason, but who would have predicted a championship?

As far as Miami goes, Adam Gase has to be the real deal. That's a tough question to answer right now, but I'd love to see Gase have a complete offensive line to work with. I think if the team can get the offense going, they can probably win with a less than stellar defense.

There are holes everywhere on this team, but there are few complete teams in the NFL. It starts IMO with Gase. Is he the right coach?

Change must start at the top. Ross needs to sell the team, or find someone who knows what they're doing to make ALL of the football decisions, with the first decision being to fire Tannenbaum, Grier, probably most of the Front Office personnel, and Gase. (The only coach who isn't clueless is Rizzi.)

Most teams can field a half-decent o-line using mid-round picks, yet Miami wastes far too many first round picks and still can't consistently pass-block or run-block. They make huge mistakes when it comes to Free Agent contracts. The Defensive Coordinator is a joke, and the Head Coach (a so-called offensive genius who also calls the plays) is so inept that his offense rarely scores until nearly half-time and they rank at or near the bottom of every offensive category. They have a handful of talented players, and far too many starters that wouldn't make it as a back-up on a good team. There is no quality depth at ANY position.

This is not a professional football team; this is a clown show. Clean house, and build a real team with real Front Office personnel, and real coaches who actually know how to run a football team. I'm sure that there are those who think that replacing Burke and finding a better QB will make them a contender. Does it really matter who's at QB when Gase calls idiotic plays? Philbin started this finesse garbage, and Gase is continuing it. The results have been pathetic; finesse can't block or tackle, and finesse can't force their will on an opponent. Miami went 3-0 because of a few trick plays that worked, and some timely turnovers. Once those lucky breaks no longer went their way, they had to reply on actually playing the tough and physical game of football, and a 1-4 record over the last 5 games shows that this team is not able to do that. CLEAN HOUSE!

This team needs to blow up the front office first and foremost.

The franchise needs to develop a tough attitude and get back to that. It’s the AFC east. They will undoubtedly be playing in the cold every Nov and Dec. Success means physical, smart football that can control the LOS. An entire philosophy that shapes all decisions.

The coach I would like to see is a guy like David Shaw or Pat Fitzgerald. True leaders whose teams play smart tough and physical.

We then need the QB to deliver it all and I agree we go all out for Tua in 2020.

I’m told just a QB...

That's why I would clean house if I was Green Bay's owner. No excuse you can't build a Conf Champ game team every year with that guy, no matter how much he makes.

Healthy Tannehill.

Upgrade pass rush.

One starting caliber boundary CB.

Healthy Sitton, plus one or two young stud guards, and one young stud center.

Healthy DeVante or Alpha WR.

That's a start.

1. A good QB...preferably one that has played QB well since high school.
  2. A different offensive philosophy that attacks and uses the new rules.
  3. Improve up the middle (Interior D-Line, ILB).
  4. Different defensive philosophy/new DC.
Had we engaged in the fire sale I hoped for, we would have had the draft capital to make moves. Next season at the deadline, if we are close to .500 the players that should be moved for draft capital are Kiko, McDonald (should have been moved this year) and/or Jones (3-4 years from now we'll be good and he'll be old), Tannehill (we'll ALWAYS be .500 with him and not close enough to make the moves needed to get from 14 to top 3 for the QB we want).

All defense this next draft . . . Then you Gotta hit the rock bottom next year, blow it all up, draft Tua in 2020.

I say in 3 years we could be where the Rams were last season

Sign me up for this. Who cares about going 7-9 next year. Rather suck it up with a bunch of young guys and then get Tua and start building the team around him.

Ross needs to sell to someone who actually knows football.

If that can’t happen, then I would start on the DL and OL, and if RT cannot come back to 2016 form, look for a QB. Then some real LB’s and another couple of corners are necessary.

Back
Top Bottom