What Coach Could Have Won With Tannehill? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Coach Could Have Won With Tannehill?

Reid, Bb, probably Harbaugh, arians, lots really. Any of the good coaches.

None.

But if you blame Gase for Tannehill being here with no competition to speak of season after season, then its easy to see why the fool had to go.

Rogers
Rothlisberger
Ryan
Stafford
Cousins
Carr
Mayfield
Dalton
Darnold, etc... Not in the playoffs:

Lamar Jackson, DeShawn Watson, Prescott, Foles, all in the playoffs.

If Tannehill was on the Patriots this year with that team and that coach and we had Brady, the Patriots would still have a better record than us.

Point is, he’s not great, but THIS team and it’s mgt drafted him and haven’t protected him in the least. Ask Andrew Luck if he wishes the Colts had drafted a WR or Q Nelson? Sacked every other play in the past, sacked the least in the entire league this year. An O line is the main difference between good teams and perennially sh!tty teams.

I’d draft an OL with first or second pick each and every year. I’d trade back for extra early mid round picks each and every year to get more quality OLs. It’s the key to success for every team in the league.

Rogers
Rothlisberger
Ryan
Stafford
Cousins
Carr
Mayfield
Dalton
Darnold, etc... Not in the playoffs:

Lamar Jackson, DeShawn Watson, Prescott, Foles, all in the playoffs.

If Tannehill was on the Patriots this year with that team and that coach and we had Brady, the Patriots would still have a better record than us.

Point is, he’s not great, but THIS team and it’s mgt drafted him and haven’t protected him in the least. Ask Andrew Luck if he wishes the Colts had drafted a WR or Q Nelson? Sacked every other play in the past, sacked the least in the entire league this year. An O line is the main difference between good teams and perennially sh!tty teams.

I’d draft an OL with first or second pick each and every year. I’d trade back for extra early mid round picks each and every year to get more quality OLs. It’s the key to success for every team in the league.

Can’t argue with that. Tammyhill wuld be in the playoffs if he played for Belichick. Brady would have retired years ago if he played for us. Brady is a cupcake that can’t take a hit.

you guys talk as if Tannehill was no better than Mark Sanchez, this team had other problems, O-Line, defense, and injuries to key personnel, all of which Tannehill had nothing to do with,.

you guys talk as if Tannehill was no better than Mark Sanchez, this team had other problems, O-Line, defense, and injuries to key personnel, all of which Tannehill had nothing to do with,.

Because theyre stupid and blame all wins and losses on the qb. You have people here that were and still are clamoring for lamar Jackson. theyre stupid. period.

None... but Gase failed in other ways as well... he has an attitude that rubs many the wrong way... too many players hated him that are talented

No coach.

You can’t consistently win with a guy who completely folds when things go off script.

Tannahill gives you very little margin for error when it comes to the surrounding personnel.
Circumstances, FinFanInBuffalo, and a few others would like to debate you on that.

Something told me, "Dphinz, go back to Finheaven and see if they are still riding the RT17 wave like your go round here."

Whaddaya know...

None. At best he’s a back up and he may do well in that roll but any long term playing time will result in the same inconsistent play.

So glad we're finally moving on. No more 100 plus page long threads analyzing his stats and film arguing whether or not he's a good QB, just like what we did when Henne was our QB except for way longer. It is way past obvious now. Wasted so much time on this guy, should've been cut or at least had competition years ago.

I know it's fun to paint him as the worst starting QB in the history of Man, but that simply isn't the case. While here, he was a QB with limitations as well as remarkable tools, who was handled about as poorly as possible from Day 1. From "Go/Go-Go" to the adamant refusal to do designed rollouts with him, to his inability to navigate in a pocket, to one of the most awful O-Lines I've ever seen, to his early deep ball issues, the debate isn't going to end about what he could have been. But to say "no coach could have won with him" is just willful ignorance. Belichick, Tomlin, Reid, Harbaugh, Harbaugh, Carroll, Pederson, Shanahan, Arians, McVay could have succeeded with him IMO, and that's off the top of my head.

No mention about Gases play calling but Ive never seen a more timid NFL coach when it came to playing to win. He would never look at the scoreboard and figure...They are scoring TDs so maybe we should do the same even after Miami had kicked 5 FG's following the other teams 5 TDs. Seems to me a Coach paid as well as Gase should be able to figure out once your down 35-15 late in the 3rd , kicking another FG does you no good. Not Gase...If the game lasted 3 days and he was down 20 tds he would never go for 4 & 2. Winning Coaches have balls...Saban went for it in 1st quarter of Championship game on Clemson's side of the field because he recognized the situation, his team was in a TD battle against a great offense so Fg's did nothing but helped the opposition. Oh one other thing...IF Gase would have gone for 4th and 1 he would never use the ultimate short yardage weapon...QB sneak. No No...My man Gase would have called a bubble screen or hand off to RB deep in pocket...GGG = Glad Gase Gone

RT was not a good NFL QB but IMO Gase was a worse HC and terrible at reading the situation on the field.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom